Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Default Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Religious Wars

New religions are surfacing, those who dare oppose the might of Rome and its people who they command. Rome has a hand everywhere, able to move ones mind with a slight move of finger. Men such as Martin Luther and Calvin oppose Rome's views and have thus divided Europe. The Lutheran religion soon grasps most of Germany and Northern Europe and East France. East France rebels against the West and declares its own State. West France declares war on East France, and the first battleground is Paris. In Spain nothing changes, but it draws in riches from its overseas colonies, and is not affected by the Religious Wars happening elsewhere, but by Nationalist rebellions in Portugal. England is in revolt, and is much like Germany with the country now divided into states. Meanwhile the Irish fight over the dominant religion. Russia is in famine, and in war against Sweden who fights vicously against a new religious tide from Rome with the recent death of their King. The TUrks face trouble not in Europe, but in North Africa where the Algerians, Moroccans and Mali have united to face them off. All in all, a hard time.

This is my first interactive history, so if I get stuff wrong, just quietly tell me. I've read most of the interactive history's in here, and I think the one (Like 17th Century Interactive) caught my attention moreso. If you want to see examples of my writing skills check out in the Mead Hall; Alternate World War One (A bit gruesome) and Eureka! A HoI 2 AAR (Three Chapters In)

Nations:
    The Kingdom of Scotland (Catholic/ Anglican / Luthrean) (Capital: Edinburgh) (Played by shlin28)
    The Kingdom of Catholic Ireland (Catholic) (Capital: Belfast) (Played by Peasant Phill)
    The State of Anglican Ireland (Anglican) (Capital: Dublin)
    (I am allowing only two English States to be played)
    The State of London (Anglican) (Capital: London) (Played by CountArach)
    The State of Essex (Anglican) (Capital: Plymouth)
    The State of Yorkshire ( Catholic) (Capital: York)
    The State of Manchester (Catholic ) (Capital: Manchester)

The Kingdom of West France (Catholic/Luthrean)(Capital:Orleans) (Played by Caius)
    The ArchDuchy of Austria (Catholic/ Luthrean) (Capital:Vienna) (Played by Draco Leman)
    The Duchy of Bavaria (Luthrean / Catholic) (Capital: Augsburg) (Played by King Jan III Sobeski)
    The Duchy of Brandenburg(Luthrean) (Capital: Berlin) (Played by Tiberius of the Drake)
    The Kingdom of Sweden(Luthrean) (Capital: Stockholm) (Played by {BHC}AntiWarManCake88)
    The Tsardom of Russia(Orthodox/Luthrean/ Catholic) (Capital: Moscow) (Played by Ichigo)
    The Sulatante of Ottoman Turkey (Islam) (Capital: Constainople) (Played by Fahad I)
    The Kingdom of Spain (Catholic / Luthrean / Islam) (Capital: Seville) (Played by: Motep)
    The African Alliance(Morroco/ Algeria/ Mali) (Islam) (Capital: Algiers) (Played by kamikhaan)
    The Kingdom of Sicily (Catholic) (Capital: Palermo)

Non - Playable
    The Swiss Republic (Undeclared) (Capital: Bern)
    The United Republic of Free Holland (Luthrean / Catholic) (Capital: Amsterdam)
    The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (Luthrean) (Capital: Luxembourg)
    The Kingdom of Poland (Catholic/ Luthrean) (Capital: Cracow)
    The Republicof Genoa (Catholic) (Capital: Genoa)
    The United Kingdom of Corso (Undeclared) (Capital: Ajacco)
    The Khanate of Persia (Muslim) (Capital:Ardabil)
    The Kingdom of Denmark/Norway (Luthrean/ Catholic) (Capital: Copenhagen)
    The Electorate of Franconia (Luthrean) (Capital: Dortmund)
    The Electorate of Saxony (Calvinist/ Luthrean) (Capital: Magdeburg)
    Rome / The Papal States (Catholic) (Capital: Rome)
    The Kingdom of Portugal (Catholic/ Lutheran/ Muslim) (Lisbon)
    The City State of Venice (Catholic) (Capital: Venice)
    The Holy Roman Empire (Catholic / Lutheran) (Capital: Frankfurt)
    The Kingdom of Wales (Anglican) (Capital: Cardiff)
    The Kingdom of Eastern France (Luthrean) (Capital:TBC)

That is all the Nations. All shall be represented in game by a player eventually, I hope.

The Rules

1)Use this thread for public declarations and speeches. You may use propaganda and declare wars (Diplomacy) here publicly, and make announcements and speeches.
    (a) Whatever you say IC in this thread I take into account for the next chapter. If you say things against another nations people then those people will dislike you.
    (b) Beware what you say religious wise, its a important factor for this Interactive. You could spark a Religious War.

2) I make One Chapter with the choices to the end, it is your job to use those choices as a base for more detailed choices.
    (a) The person who puts more effort in is the person more likely to win.
    (b) If you give skungy orders I may take it upon myself to punish you. Not fair? THen put in good orders!

3) Don't worry about research and the likes, this game goes off the rails history wise. Many things will happen which didn't occur back then.
    (a) But it may be a good idea to compare situations to real life ones!

4)The objective of this game is to stay united and keep one religion. I assure you, at some point in this game you will have a Nation which is riddled by about 4 Religions. When there is more then 1 Religion, there is something called Religious Unrest. COntrol this how you want, killings, diplomacy, etc. But if it reaches %100 then you've got a Religious War o your hands, and trust me, there not pretty.
    (a) To communicate with the Religious Rebels, PM me. I will then pass it onto the rebels (*wink*) and they will reply to you.

5)Diplomacy is run by PM'ing the Player you which to talk to. Remember, when deals are signed either
    (a) Declare it publicly
    (b) If you don't want another certian Player to know something, then PM it to me.

6) Your Country's economy depends on how much your money is worth. Every nation is classed under a type of money (Like today with Euro's and Dollars) One County's economy could be bigger then the other because there type of money is worth more. THe worth of each money is figured out by a nations progress, and all the calculation (IC) happens at a nations centre of trade.
    (a) If a nations Centre of Trade, where the money is calcualted, etc, is destroyed, that nation automaticlly drops into a Economical Crisis, from which there money is worth nothing.
    (b) When a nations money is worth nothing, they can't keep paying for there armies and cities, so the happiness drops, and it is most likely to spark a Religious War, after which it is promised your nation will lose a LOT.
    (c) If a nation drops into a said Crisis, it can only be brought out of the Crisis by either a Relocation of the Trade Centre and some great speaking in this thread.

7)Remember, always post IC, and try and Role Play your Character a bit! Don't be boring and post every month your decisions! I want speeches! I want drama!

Buying at the Market:
    Spoiler tags to keep the post short:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have, and am, trying to introduce a new part of this Interactive, seeing as it is usally about Military.

Every single currency, will have a market. On the market, there will be several companies, and the Royal (Nations Name) Company. At the start of every turn the nation is given a certian amount of money, and its the Players objective to rule the market. Example:

Florin:
    Royal Saxon Company 10%
    Royal Franconian Company 10%
    Royal Bavarian Company 10%
    Royal Austrian Company 10%
    The Empire 50%

You get 5000 Florins to spend, to buy 5% is 3000 florins. Its your choice where you buy. Lets say, Saxony buys 5% of Franconia's share, and so does Bavaria. But Franconia buys a bit of Austria making it:

15%
    5%
    15%
    5%
    50%

Several questions asked by various people playing this game:
    A answer to a question of hows it runs, asked by Caius:
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boomer
    Every company owns a percentage of that currency, as the given example before, for the Florin. The worth of a currency is given of how many people own part of that currency. If 10 people own part of it, it isn't worth as much. If one person has a owns it all, it is most likely #1.

So at the start of every turn, you are given 5000 pieces of that money. When you want to buy a piece of a certian currency (3000 for 5%) Say it publicly, and I will change the prices. They can be changed and swapped around untill you run out of money. Its ongoing.

Now does it make better sense? The whole feature is every nation owns a Company (Saxony owns Royal Saxon Company) and Saxony owns 10% of the Florin. They get 5000 Florins and they can spend it by buying percentages of other companies, until they totally own it. But every other nation will be doing that as well.

When you reach 0% you can no longer buy percantages until you buy back in, which costs 10 000, giving your Trade Opponet percious time. With this feature you can also form Trade Agreements, meaning you will not buy each others percantages.

To form a second company, it costs 25 000, to completely outright buy or own a enemy company (Meaning they can't buy anymore) It costs 40 000 or if you annex all their cities.
    One asked by kamikhaan:
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Is there any inherent advantage to controlling the market? Its interesting and all, I'm just not quite seeing the advantage to controllin the market? Does it increase your economic potential as a nation? Or perhaps help raise the value of the currency?
    My answer:
    Your armies operate much more effectively, as do your generals. Matters have much more chances of succes, and revolt and religious rebellions risks are decreased

The rest of my answer: Aboslutely. The advantages of owning market, as I explained to Caius by PM, are many.
    Better serving Generals (Smarter) and better serving armies (Better morale, fight better)
    More recruiting options.
    Your nation is richer and is more likely to win wars and will not revolt.
    More options avabile to you every Chapter.

A PM kamikhaan sent me, regarding Market Buying, his question:
    Okay, I'm a bit tired, but I'd really like to make sure that I'm clear EXACTLY on how this market thingy works. As example, I shall use the Tugra, based on what you told me previously, which is this:

Current market of Tugra:
    Royal Ottoman Company 40%
    Royal African Company 20%
    Alexandria Shipping Company 10%
    Constaiople Gun Makers Company 20%
    Timbuktu Trading Company 10%

So basically, if I understand this correctly, I own the Royal African Company, and the TImbuktu Trading Company, while the Ottomans own the Royal Ottoman Company, the Alexandria Shipping Company, and the Constantinople Guns Makers Company. Therefore, I must state that if I attempt to buy, for example, 10% market share, I must clarify for which of my companies, correct? Meanwhile, the Ottomans can only attempt to gain percentages for their three companies, and not mine. Am I correct? And when they do so, they must then be taking said percentage from a specifically stated opponent's company, yes?
    My answer:
    Yes, that is perfectly right, except that every Company is indepedant, no matter who owns the territory they live in.
    I hope this explains everything. When some Players ask more questions I shall update this FAQ with it, and the answers. PM me if you need some clarifacation.

Another question by about the previous from kamikhaan:
    Could you please clarify the statement that every company is independant? If they are independant, than how is it that I can gain market share, as I cannot buy from/for them? I'm afraid that got me a bit lost.
    My answer:
    You, as a nations leader and nation, represent your Royal Company (In your case, African Alliance) and you get 5000 to spend. They, are a powerful group inside your nation, inside or a city in your nation. They are not independant politicially of your nation, but economiclly they can represent themselves. The percantage your Royal Company represents is everything else, apart from them.

And another question, which kamikhaan answered by himself:
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan, and his answer
    Ah, so in fact, only the Ottoman Royal Company and the African Royal company are currently under the influence of rulers(me and Shogun). Meanwhile, the other three companies operate completely independant of us, even though they might reside and/or headquarter within the political boundaries of our nation, right? Thus, they actually can make their own decisions regarding their own attempts to seize a larger share of the market, yes?
    Yes.
    And a VERY important fact he mentioned:
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil kamikhaan
    Can I forcibly seize the assets of independant companies through "persuasive" methods if they're headquartering in my cities?
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is true.

I will post a map with the latest stuff soon. THe rules might not be informative, so use your past knowledge. But PLEASE, read them anyway. Especially Number 4.

NEW CHANGES MADE 1/3/08
    *NOTE* We have a 12th Player; CountArach. He is currently going to take control fo The State of London. I hope you enjoy the game CountArach!

Remember, this is Alternate History.

Now choose your nations!
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 03-01-2008 at 11:07.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

I'll be West France.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Just curious how will an income system (if there is one) and how will battles work.

other than that ill take Brandenburg/Teutonic order.
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

If there was to be a income system, I'd probably make it too complicated. I'd probably just add that you can recruit a certian amount of men, but I will tell you when you've reached a limit.

I am adding you two down now.

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

Can I be Austria?
    Can you also bold the name of the people who have already taken a country.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Morocco/Algeria/Mali for me.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I just spent a lot of time wrting and perfecting Chapter I, and of course perfecting a nice juicy plot line which holds many twists. I was wondering though, should I post it now or should I post it when we've got more people? So I plan to post when we've got about 10 People, enough for a fun game.

I've added you kamikhaan, you certianly chose a very interesting faction. I don't think the Turks will receive you well.

Blog Entries

Hmm, a question. What year is this supposed to be, roughly? 1600? 1700?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The game starts in 1540, the 1st of January.

Chapter I
    Covering the events of:
    1st of January 1540
    ‘till
    1st of May 1540

The year is 1540 and the world is on the brink of a disaster. The Catholic Pope tell those who listen of doom he has been told of. Many believe him.

In Germany, the lands are fine and clean. The population is different; the people are divided amongst each other. Villages and towns fight mental and will wars. They are divided by religion. The upper north of Germany, near Denmark, is heavily influenced by the 95 laws which Martin Luther has drawn up. They follow this path closely, and are hated by Rome and its follower. In Central Germany, the people can not decide. People come from the lands to the north and people from the south, and live in the major cities. Thus causing major disruption. Recently in Frankfurt the City Guard was forced to step in and finish a fight, which resulted in many deaths for a citizen fight. The south though, is sucked in by Rome’s words and the might of Genoa.

Italy; strangely united. Genoa and Venice rule the north, Venice stretching along the Balkan Coastline, and overshadowed by the Ottoman Empire, and control Crete and several islands. Genoa though is mighty, they are the strongest in Italy, and could easily crush several German States in one go. They could even have a fair chance at beating Austria. Rome, the buffer, is neutral in all conflicts, as decreed in the Charter of Nuremburg. They do though, have agents in every single major city in Europe, and with one word by the Pope, be that ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ a Empire could topple, or one could be raised. Further down is the Sicilian Empire. They have control of South Italy and Sicily, and are strongly rude to the people of Tunisia. They command power, but are hemmed in by a poor navy and neutral ally to the north.

In Spain, all is well. There are no religious problems here. The people from north of Granada are south Catholic, nothing could sway them. But the people south of Granada are stout Islamic, nothing could sway them either. Spain for now controls Portugal, but words have spread tension is rising there, with more Spanish soldiers posted to Lisbon and Oporto.

In France the situation is grim. The whole country is broken up between West and East. The West is Catholic, though under strong pressure, and the East being Lutheran, and is heavily supported by most German States. When they first divided in 1532, both sides fought each other. The Major battles being Caen, Marseille and Rheims. The East managed to win most of these battles, except Caen, and the two sides met near Paris. The West fought them hard, but they fell from the walls and to the Town Centre. It was there the worlds bloodiest battle happened, with the merciless killing by both sides. Over 50 00 people died there, Men, Women and Children, and both sides retreated. Paris is now destroyed totally, with only ashes remaining of what was once there. The news of such a killing was greeted world wide by shock, and almost every nation in Europe asked the fighting to stop. It did, the two sides now need to rebuild Paris, if possible.

In the British Isles, it is the same as always. England is cut up into four States. London, Essex, Yorkshire and Manchester. The North is half Catholic half Anglican, while the south is totally Anglican, as is Wales. The country divided back in 1460 when the War of the Roses had an anit- climax ending involving Rome and France. The sides divided, and in 1520 renamed themselves. Some have risen, but most is peaceful and equal. Only stirring of trouble exists in Essex. Scotland to the north houses many escapees from France, who fled the country when the Division of France happened. Scotland is on the brink of a Golden Age with hundreds of inventors and bishops housed there. Ireland though, is in a death slog with Catholic Ireland, fighting for Rome, against the Anglican East, who is supported heavily by the States of Essex, London and Manchester. The end is not near, but the Beginning of the end is.

More to the east, Scandinavia is normal. Sweden though has rumors of a Church of Luther being set up in Stockholm. Sweden is wholly Lutheran. They play a hand in Finland. Finland is divided between Russia and Sweden, both nations claiming the other half but not at war. Finland does not know who to support, but whoever controls it controls the Baltic, and a doorway to the other. The Fins have promised to go with those who offer the most.

All of this is a surprise though. At the end of 1400 Europe was about to fall into the pit of a Golden Age, and predicted not to climb out until centuries later. Now though, they are about to fall face first into a pile of mud. All is grim, can you win?

Maps for Extra Reference.
    Map of Italy:

England Divided:

Claimed Areas of Finland:

Western France:
    1) Your army of 35 000 was recently destroyed at the battle of Paris. You have 30 000 strong Army north near Caen and a small 20 000 strong army in Toulouse. What is your wish?

2) Nearly all European Nations sued for peace between you and Eastern France. They wish for nothing more then no war, and the rebuilding of Paris, which was destroyed in the last battle.
    (a) Put forward any free materials possible for the rebuilding of Paris.
    (b) Put forward only half of what you can afford, and only a small amount of people.
    (c) Put forward nothing, let the East rebuild.
    (d) Other.

3) With Paris destroyed, where do you wish your Capital to be placed. The map provided shows the list of likely places. You may choose one not listed.
    (a)Which one (Shown on map)? The places in Blue are not under your control.

4) Ecus is the local currency. Right now the florin is worth more, and the Guilder is second to Florin, Yours is third. Do you wish to change your type of currency? (In order of their worth)
    (a) To Florin.
    (b)To Guilder
    (c)Keep it as Ecus.
    (d) Cruzados
    (e)Pound Sterling

Austria:
    1) You act as a precious buffer between Genoa and Bavaria. Thankfully Genoa is focused on Venice, for now, but would likely turn on you when it does happen. Thus, it is inevitable.
    (a) Do you wish to declare war upon Venice? If so please use a map and show me your attack plan.
    (b) Nothing military wise, just quietly do some sabotage in Venice, tell me what type of sabotage, to let them remember who there neighbour is.
    (c) Send soldiers to Venice to help garrison it against the coming Genoan Army. Also send supplies.
    (d) Nothing
    (e) Something of your choosing.

2)Your economical capital is Augsburg, as that it where the worth of the Florin, your currency, is run by. You may change your currency to Ducat, but this makes your Economical Capital switch to Venice.
    (a) Switch to Ducat.
    (b)Stay with Florin.

3)You have 30 000 in Innsbruck, you have another 30 000 in Vienna. And a small garrison of 5 000 in Klagenfurt. Is there any orders you wish to give?

Brandenburg / Teutonic Order:
    1) Brandenburg is still going through a system of change, with the Hochmeister recently being replaced with a Duke. Only East Prussia, situated near Russia, is still under the old system of Hochmeister. You are a new ruler, both have several advantages, do you wish to change the system?
    (a) Continue with the Duchy of Brandenburg. This gives you less control, and terms you as a Duke of the Holy Roman Empire. You will be given funds by the Emperor, and when war is declared you have their support.
    (b) If you go with the Teutonic Order. This gives you total control, but you are not a Duke of the Empire. You will be termed as King / Hochmeister, and with military control.

2)The Polish have pressed upon you what currency you wish for. As of now you have no currency, if no choice is made the country will die.
    (a) Go with Guilders. This currency is used in Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland and Russia. Its economical capital is Amsterdam.
    (b) Go with Florins. This is recommended if you go as Duke of the Empire, as it is Germany’s national currency. Its economical capital is Augsburg.

3)You have 20 000 in Mecklenburg, 10 000 in Berlin and 10 000 in East Prussia. Any wishes?

The African Alliance
    (Morocco, Algeria and Mali)
    1) You are currently disorganized. The Mali only recently joined the Alliance and request you use all there system.
    (a) Use the Mali system of Chiefdom. You are dubbed Chief, but are required to do strange practices. This gives you TOTAL control. You are voted in.
    (b) Use the Algerian and Moroccan system of Sultanate. You are dubbed Sultan by heir and are give total military control.

2) Set your Economic Capital. Your currency is currently the Dirham but it has no Economic Capital. Here is the list of possible places:
    (a) Choose one of the map.

3)The Mali joined on one request, send down troops to deal with the recent annoyance of Senegal. The people have been increasingly hostile to the Mali, who own the province. You have 30 000 in Algiers, 10 000 in Rabat, 5 000 in Tunis and now 15 000 in Tomboucto.
    (a)Send a army at once, full equipped 30 000 men. As much as you can spare.
    (b)Send 15 000 and half supplies.
    (c) Promise to send some later.
    (d) Don’t send any.
    (e) Other.

Sweden:
    1)Sweden is a very large, Luthrean country. You were one of the first to adopt to the new religion, and now house hundreds of Luthrean Priests. Rome hates you, and the Luthrean Countrys are all a mess. It is only a matter of time before you, or another, set up a Luthrean version of Rome.
    (a)Set up a Luthrean City in one of the major cities of Sweden.
    (b)Use your materials to help set up a Luthrean Capital in some other Luthrean Country.
    (c)Do not set up a Luthrean Capital.

2)The mater of Finland*. Russia claims the southern half of the country while you claim the north. This is fine and easily done, but now you both claim the other half. The FInns say they will go with the most offered.
    (a) Offer something (Tell me what)
    (b)Send a Army into Southern FInland to assume Military Control. You will probably meet a Russian Army.
    (c)Give up any claims and stay with the North.
    (d)Retreat from the North back into Sweden.
    (e)Other.

3)You have 32 000 in Stockholm, 10 000 in Kemi (in Finland) and 10 000 in Helsingborg. Any wishes?
    Large map of Sweden (Ignore Railroads, Roads may help)

Author's Note: THis does not mean you can't choose a nation to play as. Actually, I urge you to choose a nation as the deadline is 3 Chapters. When you choose a nation I will update this post with the due decisions.
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-14-2007 at 00:25.

OOC:just curious what is the nation bordering me directly to the west (not the HRE) is that Bavaria(?). Also im assuming that if we can recruit it is shown as a choice in our chapter(?)

Open letter to the Csar of Russia:

I wish to offer you an alliance so that both out nations may prosper. If you are interested, please contact me in Private.

Hochmeister Joachim Hector II
    Last edited by Tiberius of the Drake; 12-13-2007 at 23:43.
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

I'll pick up Sweden if you don't mind.

I'll even wait until the second chapter.
    Last edited by Seign Thelas; 12-13-2007 at 23:53.

I will put you down now. I insist to put your decisions down on Chapter I, as this is a important chapter for starting up. Start next Chap. and you won't be as involved.

@Tiberius, That is a large Saxony. It seems the map is a bit confusing, I can number the Country's if everyone wants.

There are also several things I have not listed which you may do. That involves recruiting, propaganda in cities, patrols, etc. That small stuff which doesn't make it to Chapters. I was a bit worried, I thought we were going to stop getting Players!

Blog Entries

Hmm, a couple of questions, Baby Boomer. I noticed I have troops in Tunis. Is Tunisia considered part of Algeria, or is it actually in the alliance as well? Also, when I make my decision as to whether to be a Sultan or Chief, must I do that in public, here, or do I just send it in a PM to you?

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

Okay. If you want me in Chapter 1, that's good, too. I just wanted to be convenient. Haha.

@kamikhaan, Tunisia is considered as part of ALgeria. As you can see from the map, all parts painted in brown are part of the African Alliance. Morroco owns Western Sahara, Mali own Senegal, Nigeria, Mauritania, and Algeria owns Tunisia. Also all decisions are sent to me by PM.

@seignthelas, I've added your choices in (With a map) Its convenient adding you into the first chapter.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Please let me know if everything is ok in my PM.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

How am I a buffer between Genoa and Bavaria? The maps make me look more as a buffer between Venice and Bavaria. And when you switch economic capitals, what exactly happens as a consequence? For, example would my treasury amount suddenly lower/increase due to the exchange rate of ducat to florins. Would I suffer any unrest in my provinces due to the economic instability?
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

The map is quite confusing, I will change it now. The large country in North Italy, that's Genoa. Venice is tiny, covering only Venice and a few Cities.

Every currency is worth diffrent. A Ducat might be worth more then a Guilders, so with the Ducat you can purchase more things. The economic capital, where everything happens with your economy, is precious. If the Economic Capital is destroyed, then the money becomes worthless.
    e.g. Amsterdam is the Economic Capital of the Guilders, so if Amsterdam was attacked, then the Guilders becomes worthless. Make sense?

What happens depends on the worth. If you switch currency, and one is worth less, then yes unrest is a chance.

EDIT: The map has been changed. It is the same as the last one, but it now has the names of all country's.
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-14-2007 at 07:47.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

I'll play catholic Ireland. I'll have to brush up on Irelands situation around 1540 but I imagine I won't be in a very easy position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Can I be Scotland please?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'll take Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I'll take Russia.
    glad to see yoy here. We might have something to talk about.
    -Peter Green

I have added all new Players to the PlayList. If I keep adding choices to Chapter I we will never get on to the CHapter II! So I am writing up the new Chapter, and will provide the 4 new Players with choices in the next chapter.

Though with the choices already there, I have not received Orders from one or two people. They know who they are.

Chapter II
    This covers the time area of:
    1st of May 1540
    To
    1st of August 1540

In the month of June, winter started off with a literal bang. In Augsburg, economic capital of the Florin, a great crowd had aroused itself in the city centre. They were supposed religious fanatics, whether Catholic or Lutheran unknown, but they stormed the city and did as much damage as a flood. Hundreds of innocent people were killed, several hundred buildings destroyed, but at the very end, just before the City Guard stepped in, and they destroyed the Economic Capital and killed all inside. That news seemed to stop Germany and its surrounding countries. As known, the Florin was the national currency in all German States except for Austria. The Florin, beforehand top of the market, is now worth nothing. The Holy Roman Emperor immediately started to prepare Frankfurt as new Economic Capital, and Franconia had already declared itself for the Guilders. Bavaria and south Holy Roman Empire, fell into chaos. It was estimated over 2 000 people died, and thousands of money wasted. It has not slipped into a Religious War yet.

The position in France has grown to levels of great alarm. With Paris destroyed, both sides were assigned the hard and dutiful task of re building the city. At first, this seemed likely. It was then that West France refused to help rebuild the City, and turned away. East France, though surprised and angry at such a thing, immediately got underway in rebuilding Paris and posted several thousands of soldiers around the City. West France then declared Orleans as its Capital and mobilized thousands of soldiers there. The Ecus, before the split the official currency of France, has now only been adopted by West France. East France has taken to the Guilders, which all of North Europe currently uses. Rome sent several bishops by sea to Western France to encourage them, and give words that they had the assured support of Rome.

In Brandenburg, the Duke there quickly declared the Duchy its old name. The Teutonic Order, this was met by immediate anger from Poland and the Holy Roman Empire, but as the Empire is busy with the Augsburg Crisis, only Poland is left wondering. The Teutonic Order also adopts the Guilder, making it the most used currency in Europe for a long time.

In North Africa, there is a flurry of movement. With the African Alliance now officially a Sultanate, they make their first moves. 30 000 men supplied to breaking point have been moved effortlessly with camels through the Sahara, they arrived in Southern Mali, close to Senegal where they head to. The African Navy sails off around the Tunis, awaiting orders. The Sultan then decrees and 25% tax break for all tribal followers who convert into Muslim. At once some outspoken chiefs in Mali cry against this, claiming they may follow whatever religion they want. There is now a growing sense that Mali is the ignored one in the Alliance. While this is happening, the Ottoman Empire brings forth some 25 000 men into Egypt and it appears this is the Advance Guard.

The situation in Spain worsens. The Portuguese have publicly declared their freedom, and Freedom Fighters have now appeared in Lisbon and further north in Galicia. No fighting has happened yet, but there are stirrings of further trouble.

As this happened, Genoa moved some 22 000 soldiers and sieged Venice. The city did not fall, and is entrapped with some 20 000 inside of it. As this happened, Genoa moved a 10 000 strong army along the coast and reached as far as Trieste. The Turks moved there large army out of the Aegean and is heading towards Crete at this news, and they staged an amphibious assault on Rhodes, claiming it from the Knights.

The Turk had to put down a quick rebellion which erupted in May in Hungary. In Iraq, the Persians mustered some 20 000 soldiers in Baghdad, and are mobilizing quickly.

Map of Portuguese Rebellion:

Map of the Genoan Offensive:

Scotland:
    1) After the French Division in 1532, many great inventors and bishops made residence in Scotland. This was good, and promises much in the future, but now Rome is calling for you to evacuate the Catholic ones to Rome.
    (a)Carry with his wish and send the Catholic bishops and inventors to Rome (By land or sea)
    (b)Refuse the plan, this will give you much.
    (c)Other.

2)Seeing as most of Southern and Central Scotland is now Anglican, there is a war happening in Ireland between the Catholic’s and Anglican’s. Do you wish to step in and aid one side?
    (a) Send troops and supplies to Catholic Ireland (Decreases your reputation with all Anglican nations)
    (b)Send troops and supplies to Anglican Ireland
    (Decreases your reputation with all Catholic nations.)
    (c) Send supplies to one (Choose one)
    (d)Send nothing.
    (e)Other.

3)You have 20 000 in Edinburgh and 10 000 in Glasgow. Any orders?

Catholic Ireland:
    1) Anglican Ireland has been receiving several shipment of supplies from unknown providers. This enables them to fight on, if possible, even harder. If you blockade the area surrounding Anglican Ireland, you lose several ships protecting your Waters from Anglican pirates.
    (a) Send the Navy to blockade Anglican Ireland.
    (b) Send several ships to blockade Dublin – Or Port of choice. (See map)
    (c) Do not send a/the navy.
    (d) Other.

2)The Anglican faith is slowly spreading into your Catholic regions, deeming it dangerous. There is even rumors of a Anglican church being set up in Longford!
    (a)Send soldiers to squash these disgraces immediately!
    (b) Persuade them however you want (Accompanying letter to be sent in with orders, will be passed onto Rebels)
    (c) Let is sit, it should calm down after a while.
    (d)Other.

3)You have 15 000 in Galway and 10 000 in Donegal, your orders?

Western France:
    1) The Rebels in Portugal have contacted you, asking for aid in their struggle to free themselves from Spain. Tough Spain is Catholic; this could be a good opportunity to secure the throne of Spain.
    (a)Send troops and supplies to the Portuguese Rebels.
    (b)Send troops and supplies to Spain.
    (c)Neither.
    (d)Other.

2) In Orleans, as you have declared it your Capital, the people are roaring for some things. Among those luxuries they request, there are also some wise requests, and some needed ones.
    (a) Build the Economic Capital building; It costs quite a bit, but is needed.
    (b) Build the City Hall and Church, both are magnificent buildings which have there advantages.
    (c) Build nothing.
    (d) Other.

3) You have 13 000 in Orleans, and 12 000 hidden over the border if Eastern France. You have 3 000 troops in Rennes, Caen, Nantes, Poitiers, Limoges, Clermont – Ferrond, Bordeaux, Toulouse and Montpellier. You may not recruit or train any more troops for quite a while.

Austria:
    1) With the Augsburg Crisis, your economy is now ruined. If you don’t act soon, the country will fall into a Religious War. As of now your money is worth nothing. To pull yourself out of this mess, you need to make one Inspiring Speech in the Religious Wars thread, and to convert to different dollars.
    (a)Convert to Ducat. Its capital is Venice, which is currently under siege by Genoa, who is your unofficial enemy.*
    (b)Convert to Guilders.*
    (c) Aid the Holy Roman Emperor’s efforts to make Frankfurt the new capital of Florins.*
    (d)Other.*
    *- No matter what you choose you still have to make a Inspiring Speech in the Religious Wars thread.

2) Genoa has made its move and sieged Venice and claimed the lands up to Trieste. This is your underbelly, and is seriously threatening. Not only that, but Venice is the economic ruler of Italy, this could tip Italy into debt.
    (a) Send troops and supplies to aid Venice.
    (b) Send troops and supplies to aid Genoa.
    (c) Neither
    (d) Other

3)You have 30 000 in Innsbruck, you have another 30 000 in Vienna. And a small garrison of 5 000 in Klagenfurt. Is there any orders you wish to give?

Teutonic Order:
    1) With your change of government, you upset two nations, The Holy Roman Empire and Poland. The Empire is taken up with the Augsburg Crisis, but Poland is angry.
    (a) Send them something (Your choice) to please them.
    (b) Continue ignoring them.
    (c) Other.

2) The matter of Finland; Who do you support?
    (a) Russia; send them supplies and maybe troops.
    (b) Sweden; send them supplies and possibly troops.
    (c) Neither; invade either North or South yourself.
    (d) Ignore this conflict.

3)There is rumor Sweden is going to become the Lutheran Capital of the world, much like Rome.
    (a)Support this.
    (b)Oppose this.
    (c)Do nothing.

4) You have 25 000 in Berlin, and a very large Navy is under construction in Kolberg at the Baltic. The Navy should be ready by October.

Sweden:

1)Sweden is a very large, Luthrean country. You were one of the first to adopt to the new religion, and now house hundreds of Luthrean Priests. Rome hates you, and the Luthrean Countrys are all a mess. It is only a matter of time before you, or another, set up a Luthrean version of Rome.
    (a)Set up a Luthrean City in one of the major cities of Sweden.
    (b)Use your materials to help set up a Luthrean Capital in some other Luthrean Country.
    (c)Do not set up a Luthrean Capital.

2)The mater of Finland*. Russia claims the southern half of the country while you claim the north. This is fine and easily done, but now you both claim the other half. The FInns say they will go with the most offered.
    (a) Offer something (Tell me what)
    (b)Send a Army into Southern FInland to assume Military Control. You will probably meet a Russian Army.
    (c)Give up any claims and stay with the North.
    (d)Retreat from the North back into Sweden.
    (e)Other.

3)You have 32 000 in Stockholm, 10 000 in Kemi (in Finland) and 10 000 in Helsingborg. Any wishes?

Russia:
    1) You have troops stationed in Southern Finland ready for any invasion by the Swedes. The Teutonic Order may be coming, with the Swedes, you or as a separate side unknown. Any wishes?

2) The Cossacks are stirring trouble in Ukraine again, in Sumy. There are some 15 000, easily to be crushed.
    (a)Send troops at once to crush the Rebellion (Choose what Army)
    (b)Persuade with them (You have to send me a letter which I'll pass onto the Rebels.
    (c)Ignore them.
    (d)Other.
    Map of Ukraine:

3) You have 30 000 in Moscow, 30 000 in Smolensk and 20 000 in Mumansk. They are poorly equipped and untrained except the one in Moscow.
    Map of European Russia:

The African Alliance:
    1) There are several Smaller tribes to the south, these could be a threat. To more worry, the advance guard of 20 000 Turkish troops have arrived on the most Eastern shore of Ottoman Egypt.
    (a) You have several guerrilla forces to the south of Egypt in Nubia, these could delay the Turkish troops by several months giving you time to tackle Senegal.
    (b) You could try to crush the Senegal rebellion, then force march to Tunisia or Mali.
    (c) You could head straight to Tunisia or Mali now, and ignore the Senegal rebellion.
    (d) Other.

2)The Portuguese are crying for help to all surrounding countries, including Rome and Western France, and you. They want you to attack Spain, at Granada.
    (a) Follow there wish and attack Granada.
    (b)Send supplies directly to them.
    (c) Help the Spanish crush their rebellion.
    (d)Ignore.
    (e)Other.

Author's Note: I am still accepting requests to join.
    The 21st of December, this coming Friday, is the due date for orders.
    Any problems just ask (Like confusion of choices.

Current worth of currency:

Guilders
    Pound Sterling
    Ducats
    Cruzacados
    Florins
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-15-2007 at 06:56.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

When are turns due?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

The 21st of December, then there will be a week off for Christmas, then the next Chapter.

A Message from the Republic of Genoa:

We now have North Italy in our grasp, and soon, the economy of Italy and the Balkan Countries. We wish to warn away any Austrian involvement, as the Venetians are willing to defend Genoan lands, to Austrians anyways. Genoa though, urges all nations, be they Catholic, Lutheran or Anglican, to try and stop the Holy Roman Empire, and effectively, Austria and Bavaria, from ruining central Europes finance. We urge the Economic Capital of Florins to be located in Eastern France, or even better, Milan.

It is with this the People have decided we shall declare War on the Holy Roman Empire, following their mishandling of the Augsburg Crisis, we also warn Franconia, Saxony, bavaria and Austria to stay away, or we shall also destroy them.

We also declare that Genoa does not recognize the Teutonic Order, but we do recognisee the free state of Portugal.
    Signed,
    (A List of signatures representing the Council of Genoa)

Blog Entries

From Sultan Achmed of the African Alliance:

First and foremost, I would like to encourage all followers of tribal religions to commit themselves to the grace of Allah. Allah is kind and merciful to his followers, as told by Mohommad. By committing yourselves to Allah, you can help secure eternal life in the next life. Allah is not a mean-spirited god who requires sacrafices to be appeased, he merely asks respect and prayer, so that we can develop personal relationships with him. Please, consider these words, and convert to Islam.

Secondly, to the Ottoman Sultan. Sultan, have you no honor? No scruples? Do you actually dare to bring an army to the Alliance's lands? You are no true Muslim, you are an infidel in Faithful's clothing. Only an infidel would dare bring war against Muslims, or else a traitor to the faith. You do not rule your people as a Muslim, you only rule as an overlord. I urge all followers of the true faith who are oppressed by their traiterous overlord to rebel against their Ottoman Sultan.

Third, to the people of Senegal. I strongly encourage all people of Senegal to stop their rebellion. If the African Alliance does not stand strong, the imperialist Ottomans will be out to put us under their oppressive foot, and this includes Senegal. If we do not stand strong, united, their will not be enough to stave off the wrath of the Ottoman Emperor. If you lay down your arms, and accept the African Sultan as your leader, then you will be free to live your lives as you have done previously. To rebel is to not only rebel against the Mali, but the Algiers and Moroccans as well. Should you continue to rebel, it will only bring bloodshed for your own men. The Alliance has 30,000 soldiers coming. It would be in your own best interests to accepts the Alliance's rule, and if you do, you shall be treated well.

Lastly: The African Alliance recognizes the people of Portugal as a free state.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 12-15-2007 at 18:01.

A declaration of the Hochmeister of the Teutonic order:

I, Joachim Hector II, condemn the Genoaesse for their unprovoked attack against the Venetians. You call us heathens yet you attck your brothers without reason. I call for all true Christians, be they Catholic, Lutheran, or Orthodox, condemn these agressive men.

Also I wish to pronounce that I recognize Portugal as a free and independent people. There is no reason for a people, with a just reason, to be surpressed.

Hochmeister Joachim hector II of the Teutonic order.
    -Peter Green

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast