Thread: Question about the future of this mod

Default Question about the future of this mod

Greetings from Iraq!!! Let me start by saying this mod is the best in the business, hands down. I was wondering if this mod will eventually progress to the early 7th century and the Arab invasions. I have done a little modding myself (personal consumption only) to simulate and I have realized the following:

1. Modding is hard
    2. I have no god given talents...

On another note, there are many Marines out here who went out and bought $2000+ gaming laptops and RTW just to play this mod after I turned them onto it. Job well done.

Default Re: Question about the future of this mod

This has nothing to do with your question. I was just wondering where in iraq are you

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice
    Greetings from Iraq!!! Let me start by saying this mod is the best in the business, hands down. I was wondering if this mod will eventually progress to the early 7th century and the Arab invasions.
    there is some talk about that, and we are also in cooperation with a M2TW mod that will do exactly that (Rise of the Caliphate)
    I have done a little modding myself (personal consumption only) to simulate and I have realized the following:

1. Modding is hard
    that it is
    2. I have no god given talents...
    I disagree with that, anybody has talents you just have to find them

On another note, there are many Marines out here who went out and bought $2000+ gaming laptops and RTW just to play this mod after I turned them onto it. Job well done.
    wow, thanks for that

in case ur interested in the era, check out these AARs :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114950
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; 12-19-2007 at 07:04.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Telys,

OPSEC. Sorry, cannot divulge that information. Loose lips sink ships. I am sure you understand.

Ramon,
    Thanks for the reply. I just feel that IBFD is pracically ready "as is" for a 7th century expansion. The only units missing are Hunnic/Avaric, Islam as a religion, and the Thematic organization for the ERE. Although I have not had much luck with modding (many CTDs), I think I am going to screw around when I get back stateside and see what I can do. There is a paucity of information when it comes to the units from the 7th to 10th centuries IMHO. I guess accuracy wont be such an issue then right? Thanks for all that you guys do here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice
    Ramon,
    Thanks for the reply. I just feel that IBFD is pracically ready "as is" for a 7th century expansion. The only units missing are Hunnic/Avaric
    there are actually Hunnic/Avaric units in curent IBFD, they are named after the proto Avars - Huar/Hvar
    , Islam as a religion,
    very doable
    and the Thematic organization for the ERE.
    we're discussin that already in the developers sub-forum
    Although I have not had much luck with modding (many CTDs), I think I am going to screw around when I get back stateside and see what I can do.
    tahat would be great, looking forward to it

There is a paucity of information when it comes to the units from the 7th to 10th centuries IMHO. I guess accuracy wont be such an issue then right? Thanks for all that you guys do here!!!
    thank you for your supposrt, and belated Merry Xmas
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Ramon, I would like to contribute to the development of the thematic system. I could find where you guys are discussing it. Can you post a link? Thanks brother.