Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Da Vinci Code a Templar Knights AAR

Default Re: The Da Vinci Code a Templar Knights AAR

This is my favorite AAR I've ever read, even more than the Iberian Wars. However, there are two things I wanna know...

1. How on earth did you manage to fight a two-front war against the Turks and Fatimids? I was playing one and I could barely afford fighting just the Fatimids. (Then again, I was playing 6.1, not 4.0)

2. How on earth did you never get Jihad-ed? In the game I mentioned above, I got Jihaded at Jerusalem just before I was gonna wipe on the Fatimids in Arabia. Now I have three full-stack armies around Jerusalem defending against three fulll-stack armies (From the Fatimids, Turks, and Khwarazim Empire) as well as two more half-stack armies from the Khwarazims and Fatimids. ARRRGH!

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMaximus View Post
    A realy enjoyable read. I congratulate you for a job well done! Definately one of my favourite reads, even more so as I don't yet have M2TW.
    Thanks it's a bit of work but it's been fun. I hope you get the game soon and join the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith94 View Post
    This is my favorite AAR I've ever read, even more than the Iberian Wars. However, there are two things I wanna know...

1. How on earth did you manage to fight a two-front war against the Turks and Fatimids? I was playing one and I could barely afford fighting just the Fatimids. (Then again, I was playing 6.1, not 4.0)

2. How on earth did you never get Jihad-ed? In the game I mentioned above, I got Jihaded at Jerusalem just before I was gonna wipe on the Fatimids in Arabia. Now I have three full-stack armies around Jerusalem defending against three fulll-stack armies (From the Fatimids, Turks, and Khwarazim Empire) as well as two more half-stack armies from the Khwarazims and Fatimids. ARRRGH!
    Well the wonky AI. The Turks got in a war with the Byzantines early and left me alone. The first enemy was the Fatimids and I could concentrate on them grabbing Acre and Jerusalem quickly helped. The two front was limited and not an issue. I was conscious of it and tried to prevent it.
    Now Mongols and Timurids that is another issue all together.

Good point about the Jihad. They were called but it was Baghdad and I think another city. I never had one against a city in my control.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Expanding an Empire 1480-1489

After 400 years the Family Tree of the Templar Knights de Payns and d'Alvarez

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Grandmaster hears news of his friend and ally passing away. The bond will be strengthened between the Danes and the Templar Knights. The Isle of Rhodes is still under sickness. 1067 citizens have died this pass year.

Faction Announcements of 1480

The war machine continues to produce against the Byzantines.

Hans de Coton arrives at the Venetian Court and arranges for a ceasefire between the two factions. The offer was barely accepted but there was peace between the two catholic factions.
    A Scottish Diplomat Gille Patric mac Ghemgell arrived in the capital. He was quietly removed by Agent Schere.
    Heretic talk was spread and some members of the clergy were unsuccessful removing the Heretics some had even joined the movement. The Heretic Spartacus of Rhodes was the most troublesome and could not be removed from the island.

Naval loss to the Byzantines

News arrives from Rome the Pope Alexander VI is dead. The College of Cardinals was sitting for a successor to be chosen. The College consisted of four factions and three are allies to the Knights. A Templar successor was obvious.

To secure the Spanish vote the newly elected Pope Gregory X called for the following.

The Danish Candidate passes away after the election and is replaced by a Knight. The Order holds seven seats. France is reconciled.

The treasury is strapped with the war effort and all building queues are stopped.
    Rhodes is still greatly affected by the sickness and there is a general unrest. The offer of becoming a vassal to the Byzantines is flatly refused.

Thorsten de Payns commander of the Third Crusading Army besieges the City of Belgrade and captures it from the Byzantines. The city is sacked for the treasury.

The newest family member Lothar de Lima is assigned Rebel patrol and begins to remove Rebel Armies from the interior.

The Duke of Edessa captures the Rebel City of Yerevan.

Althalwolf Otterbach encounters an enemy force along the southern shores of the Black Sea.

The Templar Knights appeared to have the upper hand with the number of soldiers on the field.

The two sides quickly clashed as all of the Knights front line was engaged.

The right flank began to falter from the push of the enemy heavy infantry. Otterbach committed his troops to shore up the line.

Both enemy generals were engaged with the cavalry of the St. John Order and they both fell in combat.

Unfortunately the Knights could not get the initiative from the leaderless army the Knights began to tire and fell back

The battle was a defeat for the Order but two enemy generals had fallen in combat. The Byzantines released their prisoners.

By 1483 the unrest was so bad with the sickness in the City of Rhodes that the citizens are now rioting trying to remove the sick people.

Fact announcements of 1483

The Council was disappointed that the mission to trade with the Moors failed.

More lightly defended cities.

Veteran Agent Scherer dies trying to remove a Heretic from the streets of capital .He did not look both ways crossing the street and was hit by an oxen cart.

Bad news from Rhodes the citizens have revolted.

Pope Gregory X assigns his first mission to the Grandmaster.

Rhodes has a new master and the sickness is still in the city. Reinforcements have arrived the Prince of Acre arrived from Nicosia to bring the settlement back into the Order.

Councillor Edmunds is now on the mainland and after a short siege attacks the Smyrna Citadel.

Peter the Chivalrous picked up where Otterbach was defeated.

Though the Knights had brought a secret weapon something the Byzantines had only heard of but never seen.

The good ole elephants with cannons charged down the enemy’s right flank.

The Byzantines had never seen anything like this and stopped in their tracks. the fear and shock was too great.

A victory had been achieved

The Knights released their prisoners.

The Scots requested a ceasefire but would not offer anything else their offer was rejected. The heresy throughout the land was rampant and the church was doing it’s best to remove it. They were aided with a new text.

A 1486 agreement with the Republic of Venice reinstated trade rights between the two factions.

The City of Sinop falls and is sacked.

More naval defeats

Denmark new King has been excommunicated

The assault on Rhodes is complete and the city has been recaptured. The city was occupied.

A new member to the Order

A Theologians Guild is built in Sinop

Diplomatic talks in Thorn provide new maps from the Republic of Novograd

Triboziod is besieged and the Pope’s mission has been completed.

Though Heretics are becoming an issue with their teachings throughout the empire afew good clergy have been lost.

Overview

There are only a few settlements on the Eastern Shore of the Black Sea. The Byzantines are strong in the former lands of Hungary and Poland. The Danes were now at war with the Byzantines. It was time to meet up and join their ally. Plans were put in place for Operation North Star.

Only 47 turns left and 25 more settlements. Would have like to been finished but will complete the AAR after a little vacation.

Looks like the Templars need a better navy... Oh well, at least they can make up for it on land. It reminds me of my Pontic RTR campaign in a way.

Hopefully, you'll make it and complete the goal... That'd crown this whole thing, and imagine germans' (if those are germans (Holy Roman Empireers-ish) over there; I'm having trouble understanding who's who on the map, except for the Templars and Byzantines) expressions when the Templars were out of sudden in eastern Europe. Come to think, this entire scenario of Templars attacking Byzantines to connect themselves with Danes in Poland. this is still awesome.

Have a good vacation! I'll be eagerly waiting for the next update.

Come to think, this entire scenario of Templars attacking Byzantines to connect themselves with Danes in Poland. this is still awesome.
    What I meant to say there is that 'This entire scenario of Templars attacking Byzantines to connect themselves with the Danes in Poland is quite weird. But this is still awesome.' I just got lost in thoughts and forgot to type those missing bits.

Here's hoping this AAR isn't dead, when it's so close to the end :(

Operation North Star 1489-1499

Grandmaster Goodwine had had a restful stay on the Islands and was now back in the capital Tortosa. He was a widower his Danish wife Kirsten passed on a decade ago. Now was the time to implement his final push to remove the Byzantines and unite with his brothers in the north.
    The Byzantines were at war with the Templar Knights, the Danes, the Poles and the Venetians. Their only ally was the Republic of Novgorod.
    The Grandmaster could not participate in this campaign because of his advanced age. Councillor Edmund his chosen heir would lead this operation he was successful in the Dardanelles and will continue north. Pope Gregory X was not happy with Edmund has the next Grandmaster but could not influence the Council’s decision or the Grandmaster. Since the Grandmaster had no children the Pope wished the leadership to return to the de Payns family. The original line of the Order.

The war with the Byzantines was progressing slowly and the class of the enemy troops appeared to be much more advanced. The Knights have been successful capturing settlements and sacking to support the war effort. However they have not faced the enemy in the open field.

The key to advancing north was the Citadel of Sofia. It had been besieged and the Byzantines appeared to making an attempt to lift the siege.

On the seas the fleet was well equipped however the Byzantines were attacking the older fleets and defeats were occurring in the Mediterranean and the Caspian Sea fleet was sunk.

News from the world of science, a new weapon for armies

The King of France passes away and at the State Funeral Pope Gregory X announces a Crusade to Norrkoeping …. the Danish Capital.

Countries immediately join and a crisis occurred in diplomacy. The Pope had duped the Grandmaster.

Blood is thicker then ink and the Grandmaster remains with his Danish Ally. The alliance with the Crown of Aragon is in tatters. He will deal with Pope Gregory in private.

The Duke of Edessa attacks the Citadel Tbilisi after besieging the citadel for several years.

The citadel is sacked and 16,000 florins added to the treasury. Dietrich Kniess Duke of Edessa is also appointed the Duke of Tbilisi.

The forces are building around Sofia it was time to take the Citadel.

The citadel is sacked and 14,000 added to the treasury. The d’Alvarez family are re-establishing themselves has fighting men in line with their descendant Grandmaster Ansehelm d’Alvarez vanquisher of the Fatimid and Mongols.

To generate more revenue the Fortress of Adana is being converted to a city. The Heretics are causing great concern with their teachings. They are in most regions with Mecca having the greatest unrest. Good men of the cloth have been lost to their cause.

The settlement is ready to revolt and more troops are used to garrison the city. The Arch Bishop and Cardinal have left Cairo to address the issue. The Duke of Cairo is also going to bring peace.

Grandmaster Goodwine the Malevolent

A Royal Army spotted between Sofia and Belgrade.

Faction Announcements 1495

A bold invasion across the Black Sea commenced from Sinop, its target Caffa. The new fleet of ships from the Mediterranean ferried the men and the Duke of Adana.

The settlement was captured and 45,000 florins were added to the treasury. Prince of Theodosia Jonas dePayns requested that a Cathedral be built in Jerusalem to honour his family. The Grandmaster ordered another cathedral for Cairo.

Princess Aleksandra of the Byzantine Court offered a diplomatic ceasefire. The counter offer was the Byzantines to become vassals of the Knights. No compromise was made.

The City of Mecca was rioting.

Scotland declares war on the Danes and joins the Crusade.

Trebizond 1497

The Citadel had been besieged for years with the arrival of reinforcements the attack is given led by the Duke of Aleppo.

The citadel is sacked and 15,000 added to the treasury.

First naval victory in the Mediterranean Sea.

The Grandmaster has died.

The new Grandmaster of the Order.

The Isle of Rhodes is cleaned and an old enemy is removed.

Operation North Start cont’

The Region of Bran was the focus for the Templar Knights both the Grandmaster and Councillor were in the region and the Byzantines were reinforcing the citadel. There was not enough siege equipment to assault the citadel at the moment.

A Byzantine relief force was stopped and the enemy general was killed. The Councillor ransomed the prisoners and it was accepted.

The beginning of a new century the Russian Ruler has passed away and an Aragonese Princess comes of age. The citizens of Mecca riot damaging the market 1922 citizens are killed and 56 soldiers trying to quell the riot. The Arch Bishop and Cardinal are in the region to remove the Heretics.

Faction Announcements of 1500

Financial Report of the Treasurer

Overview of the Empire

Allies Sicily, Denmark and the Papacy at war with Byzantines, Scotland and Poland.

The standing with the Pope is still perfect and the rift is slowly healing.

The rioting continues in Mecca the wharf has been damaged and 2824 citizens killed and 172 soldiers.

Faction Announcements of 1501

Bucharest 1501

The Knights take the City of Bucharest. The settlement is sacked 8300 citizens killed and 39000 florins to the treasury.

Rebels are removed from Aleppo Region

There is civil unrest in the empire

The Pope recognizes the Order’s work against the Orthodox and promotes another clergy to the College.
    Hostilities cease between Scotland and Denmark

Faction Announcements of 1503

Athens 1503

The ancient city is lightly defended and captured.

22000 florins are added to the treasury

The Citadel of Rostov is captured and more florins added to the treasury the Knights have almost secured all the shores of the Black Sea.

A new member is recruited in Mosul and is being sent to the Mecca Region.

Another recruited in Belgrade

Councillor Thorsten ambushed an influential Byzantine noble near Sofia

Lothar de Lima is affected with the illness that has struck Rostov 817 civilians have died.

Duke d’Alvarez is having a hard time controlling the populace of Bucharest.

Relations with the Holy Roman Empire is so-so

Naval victories are becoming frequent against the Byzantines

Rebels removed from Basra Region and Rostov

Captain Sigismund is recognized for his work and is accepted into the Order.

Bucharest Revolt 1506

Trouble in Athens

More naval victories and Rebels crushed in Basra.

The Leader of the Sicilian Allies dies and there is concern about the dynasty of the Scottish Throne.

Scouts report that the Polish Kingdom no longer exist and the Byzantines are responsible. One less enemy to fight.

Even though the Order did not join the Crusade the Pope still promoted Fredericus de Coton to the College.

The Byzantines face new enemies, Scotland and France declare war the Grandmaster concern is the land that can be lost to France or Scotland. The push north must be faster.
    The King of Scotland dies.

Rostov is still under sickness along with the City of Gaza affecting Kynza de Lima

The City of Bucharest is recaptured from the rebels. Duke d’Alvarez orders the extermination of the settlement to maintain public order. 17,000 souls are exterminated.

To maintain order in the Athens Region the Guild of Assassins is put in to operation and the begin the systematic removal of the Byzantine clergy preaching in the countryside.

The legacy of the late Grandmaster Goodwine comes to fuitation The Cathedral of Jerusalem is buikt the first of it's kind in the world

continuing.....

Operation North Part III

By 1510 Bucharest was in full control and a Theologians Guild was accepted in the city. The City of Gaza is still affected with sickness 1381 citizens have died and 44 soldiers. Another Cathedral is built in Cairo. Cardinal John Hummel is accepted into the College.

From the world of science

Faction Announcements

Finances and Overview

Relations with the Republic of Venice is so-so

The Grandmaster captures the Citadel of Bran

The citadel is sacked for 24000 florins.

The City of Gaza is still affected with sickness and the City of Athens revolts.

Cardinal Markus de Veer is accepted into the College as the Pope continues to amend relations.

Ulrich the Chivalrous captures the Citadel of Corinth

The citadel is sacked for 18000

The Duke of Edessa fails to capture the Citadel of Sarkel

The Duke pays a 2000 florin ransom to have his men returned.

The Templar Knights have gained naval supremacy in the Eastern Mediterranean

News is received that the Moorish and Arogonese Rulers have died. Bad news continues for the citizens of Gaza.

Cardinal Report

1513 Faction Announcements

The Byzantine Capital is infiltrated

Shortly after the Citadel is attacked and captured by Lord Fritz Engel

The enemy prisoners were released and the settlement sacked for 15000 florins.

A Venetian agent found in Sofia. Relations with Venice are abysmal. France and Sicily are at war.

Nickolas d’Alvarez marches on Thesssolonica besieging the city and finding Prince Artemois is inside with the garrison

The city is captured and the Prince falls in battle. The city is sacked for 27000 florins.

After the capture of Thessolonica, Councillor Thorsten removes some Rebels from the region.

Mean while Gunther d’Alvarez was continuing his push north besieging Isai Byzantine reinforcements arrived to break the siege.

The Knights went for high ground they were facing the enemy in the east when scouts reported that reinforcements were arriving from the west d’Alvarez was unsure how much time he had before he was caught in the middle.

The Order had their Elephants Artillery to keep the diversion on the right flank. The enemy spearmen regiments attempted to stop the elephants.

The Byzantines hit the line with small artillery support. The Knights hold there own the enemy general rushes to the line to support his troops.

Meanwhile the Serbian Knights with the Light Cavalry silence the Byzantine guns.

The Byzantines divert troops to try an silence the Elephant Guns that are causing havoc to their right flank ...... no success.

The Byzantine Captain Koulianos arrives the Knights are stuck between two armies. The enemy General Aleksandris had fallen in battle. General d’Alvarez attempts to take hold of the situation.

The Knights rally around the Cross the heavy infantry prepared for the two-sided onslaught.

The Byzantines gain the area the first enemy wave has fallen but their reinforcements were able to push the Knights back. General D’Alvarez falls back and rallies at a rear point with the Crossbowmen.

Off to the far right flank a regiment of Knights from the Order are holding their own against several enemy regiments. They are the last half strength infantry regiment.

The Armenian Light Infantry go beyond their duty has they continue to wreck havoc on shaken enemy units.

The enemy had the superior numbers still and advanced on the last remaining Order units.

The Crossbowmen continued countless rounds into the advancing enemy cheered on by their commander.

The battle was won historians will say it was an average victory but for the Order the name d’Alvarez achieved a great victory.

The Byzantines accepted the ransom for the prisoners the Citadel of Isai was captured and sacked for 14000 florins.

A new member is brought into the family

Another settlement captured Bryansk. The citadel is sacked for 20000 florins

Another new member of the Order by adoption

Sicily and the Holy Roman Empire have been excommunicated.

In the settlements the Citadel of Bryansk accepts a Swordsmith’s Guild. There is rioting in one of the newly conquered cities.

The Duke of Edessa takes Sarkel on his second attempt. More florins for the treasury.

The Grandmaster is only two Regions from the Baltic Sea coastline.

Operation North Star 1518-1529

By 1518 the Scots were asking for a ceasefire but would not negotiate any other terms. The talks failed between the two factions. Rioting continued in Athens fortunately nobody was hurt nor damage to property.

A new King was appointed by the Grandmaster

Lorenz de Seabra was the last Heretic to be tried and executed from the Mecca Region. There was now order in the region.

The Grandmaster continues north on the Fortress of Halych and receives an intel report

The news of 1521 the King of Aragon has passed on and the settlement of Thessalonica is rioting. 2661 citizens killed and 150 soldiers.
    In the Far East Rebels are removed from the Baghdad Region. The Eastern Border is again calm and public order restored.

The Duke of Rostov makes off with a princess from the Arogonese Court who was doing diplomatic duty in the region.

Faction Announcements of 1524

The Duke of Edessa and Sarkel has a son come of age.

Grandmaster Edmund assaults the Fortress of Halych and captures it without difficulty. The fortress is sacked and 13500 florins added to the treasury. In the Athens Region the Orthodox clergy are being removed and master assassin is developing for the Order.

A new member in to the Order by marriage to the Duke of Edessa’s daughter

With the Fortress of Halych captured the Grandmaster was not far from his goal. It was only then that not only Warsaw but Stettin was under Byzantine control and the Danes were loosing ground to the Crusaders.

Faction Announcements of 1527

The City of Kiev was captured by the Knights and 20000 florin from the looting of the city.

Fritz Engel finally captured the City of Krakow.

17000 florins to the Treasury

Diplomatic talks with the Venetians was unsuccessful

The Byzantine Emperor is dead and a Byzantine agent was found in Rostov but the war still rages on. The Cathedral of Constantinople is completed.

Faction Announcements of 1528

Grandmaster sees his operational plan failing. He is still far from the Baltic and his allies appear to be loosing territory, he is getting too old to campaign. He will reclaim the former Polish capital of Warsaw. He will have to come up with a new plan a mend his rift with the Papacy. Though the relations have remained perfect and Cardinals of the Order are filling the College vacancies. It was time to go back to the original terms of the alliance.

Last edited by Northnovas; 09-11-2008 at 03:24.

A New Leader a New City 1528-1539

Do to the internal strife in the Venetian administration the City of Budapest falls to Rebels and brings an opportunity to the Order.
    Even though the Order has it own unrest in the conquored orthodox lands.

A Venetian and Sicilian Princesses come of age. The Kingdoms and France and Denmark end their hostilities. This is good news to the Grandmaster.

From the Belgrade Citadel a new member is recruited to the Order.

The top agent of the Order infiltrated the Venetian Court and found the Royal Family unguarded.

A message is sent to the Venetian king do not interfere with the Order the Princess was removed.

An eager Captain of the Knights attacked the Rebel settlement of Budapest.

Unfortunately his eagerness was not enough to win the city from the Rebels.

Councillor Thorsten Faction Heir and loyal servant to the Order passed away. Grandmaster Edmund then appoints the Duke of Sofia – Bucharest Jan d’Alvarez has Councillor of the Order. This was the agreement made with the Papacy to return one of the two families to the leadership of the Order.
    Jan was the son of the late Peter Duke of Constantinople who brought the great city under Templar control. Peter was the son of Grandmaster Goodwine the Malevolent, and grandson of the greatest Grandmaster of the Order Jens d’Alvarez vanquisher of the Fatimid and Mongols. The Order of the Templar Knights was returning back to one of the founding families.

Agent Hugues de Sandin remained in Durazzo sabotaging an artist studio to disrupt the public order in the city.

The City of Krakow revolted and Duke Engel had to leave the city then besieging Rebels.

News arrives from the Nordic lands the Crusade was successful. The Danish Capital city fell to the Crusaders of Leon-Bastille. This was most disturbing to the Grandmaster but the Danes were holding the rest of their lands. The Pope appointed another Cardinal to the College has agreed.

The Duke of Thessalonica had his settlement revolt and fought back by recapturing the city and exterminating the rebellious populace.

Warsaw 1533

Grandmaster Edmund had arrived at Warsaw and was besieging the city. The Byzantine Prince Ioannis sallied out to meet the Knights.

A lone enemy commander stood out the gates alone and was peppered with cannon and missile fire.

It wasn’t long before the unit was decimated.

The walls were breached and the Knights charged through. The Panzerelephants leading the way to the city centre.

The Prince makes a last stand for the city.

The fighting was intense the enemy not giving up.

The Knights were finally closing in and the enemy Prince was surrounded his bodyguards rapidly fallen to the wayside.

The Grandmaster is victorious and the City of Warsaw is captured. 30000 florins added to the treasury.

The City of Caffa is affected with sickness 2704 citizens and 90 soldiers have died.
    The City of Corinth is rioting and the gunsmith building is destroyed. 907 citizens have been killed along with 28 soldiers.
    Cardinal Heinrich de Guilhade was promoted to the College. The Kingdom of Scotland and Denmark sign a ceasefire. The Pope excommunicates the Scots.
    By 1534 the Order of the Templar Knights were recognized has the most advance faction.

The newest general de Menesses retakes Budapest the city is occupied and only the Rebel leaders are punished by death.

Agent Hugues de Sandin the most experienced agent in the Order to captured and killed while attempting to sabotage the City Watch.

WAR! In an unprecedented move against the Charter the Grandmaster declares war on the Republic of Venice. The Pope makes no statement but is delighted the Order is involved with catholic business. Relations improve with several factions. The Venetian power in waning and they are despised by most European Factions.

Unrest continues in Corinth 1957 citizens have died in the month but no soldiers killed.

Another new member a senior noble from Sicilian descent marries into the family.

News from the west reports the Moors a faction with no contact with the Order has been destroyed. The Sicilians are believed to be responsible for their demise.

The Pope appoints two more Order members to the College.

The Danes and the Republic of Novgorod sign a ceasefire.

Faction Announcements of 1536

Newest family member to come of age

The City of Corinth revolted the city was quickly recaptured and the an extermination order was given to quell further revolts.

Stettin Region 1538

Grandmaster Edmund was ill his old battle wounds were catching up to him. He was disheartened by the failure of his plan Operation North Star and to meet his Danish brothers. He snuck through the orthodox territory with his regiment of Sudanese Tribesmen and the Bishop to the Baltic Coast. When he arrived by the shoreline of the cold north waters he removed a flask from his tunic and poured the water of the Nile into the sea. His dreamed unfulfilled. He requested his last rights be read and ordered his entourage to return him back to Tortosa. There will be no more fighting.

The Pope had made a public statement to the Order to cease hostilities with the Republic of Venice but secretly it did not affect their relationship.

GRANDMASTER EDMUND IS DEAD! The news flashed through the Empire.

Jan d’Alvarez is Grandmaster of the Order d'Alvarez has returned has head of the family. The Papacy is please. His first proclamation is moving the venerable Capital of Tortosa to the ancient City of Constantinople.
    The Councillor of the Order and Faction Heir was the Grandmaster’s brother Bernhard the Chivalrous, Duke of Constantinople.

The City of Caffa citizens are still dying 2301 more citizens have died.

Krakow 1538

The City of Karkow was ready for the taking Duke Engel had received reinforcements from Arnold the Chivalrous.

When the walls were breached the two armies clashed like the meeting of two rushing rivers the fighting was fierce.

The generals were fighting with their men to encourage them on to fight. Arnold the Chivalrous was knocked from his horse and butchered by the Rebels.

The Duke of Krakow arrived to rally the men of Arnold’s army to keep fighting and get their revenge.

The fighting continued and was fierce in the Town Square and the streets leading to the centre.

The Knights finally gained the initiative and the Square was coming under their control.

Victory was achieved and the loss of Arnold was devastating to the Duke. He ordered the extermination of the city to rid the Rebels.

The Grandmaster agreed to a ceasefire and trade rights with the Kingdom of Scotland since they were no lo0nger at war with the Danish Allies. A Theologians Guild was built in the City of Corinth.
    A message arrived from the Pope that the Grandmaster did not have to break its alliance with the Sicilians they were now in good standing. Grandmaster Jan had no intention of breaking the longest alliance in the western world..

In the year 1539 Pope Gregorius X died and the College of Cardinals convened to elect a successor. The Order continued with a member has Pope.

Has a result of Pope Honorius II election the following factions were returned to the church.

Faction Announcements of 1539

Newest family member to come of age

The Venetian City of Durazzo is captured by the Order.

1539 durazzo

Captain Ulrich is awarded membership into the Order for his service and work to the Templar Knights.

Relations with the Sicilians are solidified with a marriage between the two factions. Grandmaster Jan marries [B]Princess Margherita[/B. Here are the other conditions.

Financial/Overview of 1539

So close but time is running out…….. 5 more settlements needed.. will there be war with the French?

The End is Near 1539-1549

The Byzantine Court is in a bit of confusion as their ruler passes away and it could be the end of a dynasty. The Byzantines are asked to become vassals of the Order and they flatly refused. A Merchant Guild is built in Thessalonica. Cardinal Peter Ritter is promoted to the College.

Faction Announcements of 1540

The Citadel of Arta is captured and sacked. 8300 florins are added to the treasury

The Venetians sally out of Durazzo.

The settlement is taken and 7400 florins added to the treasury.

Diplomat Dietrich Coton has entered negotiations with the Republic of Novgorod for the purchase of Thorn.

The last Venetian settlement

Breslau 1540

The Byzantines sally out against the Captain who was ordered to besiege and wait for reinforcements.

The enemy moved out of the gates quickly. The Captain held the line and commenced a volley of missiles and artillery towards the gates.

The enemy general falls under the enemy missile fire.

The Knights charge forward to a shaken enemy.

The Knights continue to pepper the gates with missile fire for the units still thinking of sallying out of the city.

The Town Square taken with few unit left to defend it

A Heroic Victory was achieved.

The Council request to remove Iakovos Radinos is cancelled to their delight

A Theologians Guild is built in Budapest.
    Relations with the Scots turn to reasonable. Hostilities cease between the Kingdoms of Leon-Castille and France.

1542 Faction Announcements

The newest member of the Order

Diplomat de Coton had been in secret negotiations with the Republic of Novgorod the final deal was agreed upon The Warsaw Purchase of 1542. The Citadel of Thorn was purchased and not conquored by the Templar Knights. The objective was in sight but the Byzantine had other enemies at their door. The newly aquired settlement made victory of the Byzantines possible. Stettin was the final objective.

All available men and in the Baltic Region were directed towards the last Byzantine stronghold.

The relations with the Papacy was perfect.

After the take over of Thorn there were some minor disturbances and a small Rebel Army was removed.

To celebrate the recent victory and solidify the alliance with the Danes the Grandmaster permits his brother Bernhard to marry the Danish Princess Dorothea.

Relations with the French worsen over the marriage.

Faction Announcements of 1545

By 1545 the Templar Knights have reached Stettin and besiege the city.

Diplomat Steffin secures maps with the Crown of Aragon and The Holy Roman Empire.

In 1546 the Pope excommunicates the Order’s Allies Sicily and Denmark.

Faction Announcements of 1546

The last remaining cities of the Order’s enemies are Stettin and Ragusa. The Byzantine Region is swamped with foreign troops. The Grandmaster is concerned the prize may fall in to the wrong hands. An alliance is offered to the Crown of Aragon but it was rejected.

The Byzantine Prince Modestos is causing some grief with the Knights supply line. It was time to capture the citadel and end this war.

The Scots were also creating concern in the Breslau Region.

The Duke of Warsaw removed the Byzantine Prince from the region and the supply lines were opened. The order was given and the citadel was attacked

Captain Wenzel has the Eastern wall the main force has already engaged the enemy and it is lightly defended.

The wall is soon captured and the gatehouse secured.

The elephants have entered the citadel to do their damage.

There is resistance in the interior has the enemy bodyguard units attempt to stop the advancing knights.

The second wall is attacked and the Byzantines counter attack committing the Emperor’s troops.

Emperor Nikitas falls in battle.

The last gate is opened and there are few defenders left.

Most of the fighting is outside the last wall and the elephants begin to run amok.

The citadel is secured.

Victory has been achieved. The Fortress of Stettin in under order control. 11000 florins are the reward.

The Order of the Templar Knights report mission accomplished.

Grandmaster Jan and Pope Honorius II along with the members of the Triple Alliance Kingdoms of Sicily and Denmark are pleased. Domination is complete with Sicily and the Order controlling over 3/4 of the Western World.

The END

Well it has been a while to get this done and now it is officially over. I was detremined to have it with some kind of ending.
    It had been so long that I forgot my original house rules. Some inadvertently were broken. It was 9 months ago that I started I wished to have been completed sooner. I did rush the end and auto calculated battles to save time. It was a work in progress.
    In the latest debate this was a turtle build. That is the way I play inf act the last few turns I was still building when I should have been recruiting for the final push I was going through the motions of building and kept forgetting the end was near.
    I have enjoyed the mod with a few bugs that did not affect the gameplay. The one minor bug affecting the story was the loss of the family tree after the Faction Leader’s death especially in battle but it does come back after a few turns. The start of the tree is incorrect but it is okay after the 2nd generation very minor in the game play.
    Thanks for the positive comments it is very encouraging to keep going. I just wished I was more of a writer but it has been a pleasure. Cheers!

It's nice to see that the Templars managed to fullfill all their goals. Too bad we didn't get to see Templars in America.

A very good AAR! I also must congratulate you for going through the entire game, as I personally never have the patience to reach even the Timurid Invasion, now that I finally have M2TW...

(By the way, is it just me, or does France really look somewhat like Charlemagne's Empire?)

Thanx GM. My patience was tried a few times. You know I never really looked at the end map but I think that is a keen observation about France.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123