Thread: Russia multiplayer army

Default Russia multiplayer army

yo im new on this forum and am looking for a decent russian list but its tough finding one. any tips/ideas or even better lists? o yea i usually play 10k

Default Re: Russia multiplayer army

o yea and im using normal medieval 2 total war not the expansion thing and im using 1.3

ok heres my current list:
    1 generals bodyguard(shiny silver one with 8 charge)
    2 tsars guard
    3 boyar sons
    2 spearmen
    4 berdiche axemen
    3 cossack musketeers

thats a 10000 point russia list and the one im using now. any suggestions or tips?

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

You shouldn't be using the spearmen without upgrades, or best just dont bother with them, the berchide axemen get bonus vs armour and since most cavavlry used in MP has heavy armour...

I recall there being a Horse archer, basically slightly hyped up boyar sons, the any spare should be spent on Upgrades for the musketeers, Berchide and/or Tsar guard (1 silver cherlon for russian commander is really enough)
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Abokasee
    You shouldn't be using the spearmen without upgrades, or best just dont bother with them, the berchide axemen get bonus vs armour and since most cavavlry used in MP has heavy armour...

I recall there being a Horse archer, basically slightly hyped up boyar sons, the any spare should be spent on Upgrades for the musketeers, Berchide and/or Tsar guard (1 silver cherlon for russian commander is really enough)
    if i take out the spearmen ill be lacking in infantry though with only 4 heavy + 3 gunners. also my general is NOT getting a silver bar he costs 1990 with it. ill probably use the better horse archers though but then i get less guys. whats better in multiplayer quality or quantity

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomuronay
    if i take out the spearmen ill be lacking in infantry though with only 4 heavy + 3 gunners. also my general is NOT getting a silver bar he costs 1990 with it. ill probably use the better horse archers though but then i get less guys. whats better in multiplayer quality or quantity
    Oh sorry when you said: Shiny silver one, i thought you had one silver cherlon, ahh, sorry

Well quality is usually better, mainly because having a massive number of peasent and little else gets you slaughtered, unless you have a holy cross/bell tower thingy then they get a large moral boost, especially if you eqaully upgrade them, but since your russia, you should stick to quality
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

i might start playing french instead as russias tough to play. with russia i win every other battle but with french ive won my last 10 battles in a row.

A Russian Army for 10k High Era:

1 w1a1 Gen Bodyguard
    4 w1a1 Druzhina
    4 w1a1 Berdiche Axemen
    4 v1w1 Woodsmen
    3 Cavalry Militia
    3 Crossbow Militia

Works like a charm.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Nice army Ducky
    Should be useful vs rushers.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Useful vs rushers ok, but All those "modern" 1.3 armies are like rushing with missiles, I mean 3 peasant xbows...
    But it works in 1.3 quite well, you have to realize that its the closest to rushing you can get.
    I dont say its a bad army, in 1.3 I think its good, but I insult 1.3 "modern" armies.

i found a list i like and so far have been winning almost all my games.

3 Dvor calvalry- 1 of em is general
    3 Boyar sons- 1 helps flank 2 help front when in combat
    3 Cossack musketeers- i like these gunners their good
    exp upgrade 4 Berdiche axemen- main soldiers
    exp upgrade 4 Woodsmen- also help with stuff

another list i use is this:
    3 Dvor calvalry- 1 general
    3 Cossack calvalry- shoot n run
    4 Cossack musketeers- they shoot things up and are decent in melee
    4 Berdiche axemen- footsoldiers
    1 woodsmen- leftover points

another i found good is this one:
    1 exp upgrade Dvor calvalry- general
    3 Dvor calvalry
    4 Boyar sons
    2 Dismounted boyar sons
    4 exp upgrade Berdiche axemen
    4 exp upgrade Woodsmen

My most effective ones have been # 2 and # 1 and ive won a bunch with those.