Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RTW - Persian Invasion

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Default Re: RTW - Persian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    One thing I can help doing is historical research on units and faction descriptions, etc.
    That'd be a big help for me, especially since I've got six Greek faction rosters to build for my other commitment.

It's up to Comrade, though.
    Last edited by Spartan198; 08-02-2008 at 00:37.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

If we get a forum at TWC there will be a thread where anyone can post relevant information and/or suggestions. Just remember though I'm not obsessed with historical accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade_general View Post
    Just remember though I'm now obsessed with historical accuracy.
    I'll do my best to be as accurate as I can be with my research and suggestions.

Darn, and here I was about to suggest Atlantean mercenary legionary cavalry wearing lorica segmentata and riding flaming pigs...
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

That unit would pwn! ZOMG!!1! w00t!!!11!one
    *cough*

Oh.. yes.. I added new campaign map graphics, it looks pretty sweet. I can't post any screens at the moment since I only have my laptop. I'm also in the process of adding factions to the map.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just noticed that my earlier post had a typo! I meant to say I'm not obessed with historical accuracy. lol woops

Atlantean mercenary legionary cavalry wearing lorica segmentata and riding flaming pigs, here we come!

Been there, conquered that.... Member Darkvicer98's Avatar

Are you going to include Macedon?

Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of War!

A brave man may fall,but he cannot yield-Latin Proverb

Arms keep peace-Latin Proverb

Oh right, Macedon has been included. You can see the planned roster on the ModDB page. Thanks for reminding me Dark.

How do you do all this stuff? You must need 3ds max to create the units, etc. Something to create the map. Add and change factions etc. How do you do it?

Also theres another light cavalry unit used by Greece and Macedon called Podromoi.
    Last edited by Darkvicer98; 08-06-2008 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvicer98 View Post
    How do you do all this stuff? You must need 3ds max to create the units, etc. Something to create the map. Add and change factions etc. How do you do it?

Also theres another light cavalry unit used by Greece and Macedon called Podromoi.
    I sense a little frustration, Dark. PI's modeler has 3ds max, but mostly we use models already in the game. He uses it to modify those units sometimes, but the primary use is to make UI's. I work on the map with just Photoshop. Everything else is just done with notepad to edit the text files. Just read up on the tutorials posted around, the rest is trial and error. You'll get the hang of it if you keep trying.

As for Macedonia, the roster is only in planning phase. No units have been given to them yet since I'm too busy with the map. The unit 'light cavalry' is pretty much the same thing, I can just change the name.

Thanks, there was no frustration. I was just a bit curious. So its all done it text files, even changing the appearance of units?

No, skinning is done with Photoshop, or other image editor that can open/save the files. Just look around here and TWC for skinning tutorials.

Ok thanks.

Okay, we need to change the name of the city of Rhodes, as I just recently found out that it hadn't been established until the late 400s BC.
    I'm having difficulty finding reliable maps, though, so I'll name a replacement as soon as I can.

As for Cyprus, I haven't found any 480 BC maps of it at all yet, so I'll have to keep looking.

And sorry I've been scarce the last couple of days. I've been extremely busy as of late.

Any word from TWC on that dev forum yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    Okay, we need to change the name of the city of Rhodes, as I just recently found out that it hadn't been established until the late 400s BC.
    I'm having difficulty finding reliable maps, though, so I'll name a replacement as soon as I can.

As for Cyprus, I haven't found any 480 BC maps of it at all yet, so I'll have to keep looking.

And sorry I've been scarce the last couple of days. I've been extremely busy as of late.

Any word from TWC on that dev forum yet?
    1. I changed Rhodes to Ialyssos.
    2. I added Soli to Cyprus.
    3. It's cool man.
    4. No word yet.

To everyone: I will be posting a map preview for sure later today or tomorrow.

Default MAP PREVIEW

Here we go, the map as of August 9th. Featuring new greek city models - special thanks to Prometheus for those, and new map graphics.

Starting with Greece...

Nile Delta...

Babylon...

Gerrha...

Macedonia...

Western Caucasus Mts...

and Siwa in the desert...

That looks awesome.

Prometheus cities are the !!!!!

Way to go on getting them, Comrade!

Map textures are very good, nice job! Allow me to say, that is one crowded map of S. Hellas!

Just bitching around, but how do u intend to keep the mod from becoming a Total Siege game down there?

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Map textures are very good, nice job! Allow me to say, that is one crowded map of S. Hellas!

Just bitching around, but how do u intend to keep the mod from becoming a Total Siege game down there?
    Thanks, Aradan. About the Greeks, they will start off under an alliance and be at war with Persia. So hopefully there should be a few years of no Greek-on-Greek action, until one of them drops the ball and starts the inevitable Total Seige. Then one of the Greek factions will eventually gain the upper hand and lead their "united" Greeks into the heart of Persia. Sound good?

I suggest not giving Sparta a port at all, since Gythium technically is Sparta's port.

Anyway, I've been dealing with personal issues, plus I've been sick, for the past week or so. Give me a few days and I'll be back to 100%, okay?

Edit: "Siege: Total War". Good one, Aradan.
    Last edited by Spartan198; 08-11-2008 at 12:16.

I suggest not giving Sparta a port at all, since Gythium technically is Sparta's port.

Anyway, I've been dealing with personal issues, plus I've been sick, for the past week or so. Give me a few days and I'll be back to 100%, okay?
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Sparta's port. I was just going through and putting in some ports to test their placement so it crossed my mind, easily remedied.

Take all the time you need to sort out issues and get healthy, Spartan. I've been sick lately too, plus I've been neglecting my school work a bit.

Just letting everyone know this isn't at a standstill. I've been reworking all the units and trying to do some pre-balancing. I have finals next week so school has taken up most of my schedule as of late (yeah my school schedule is weird). After that I will start re-adding units and adding some new ones.

There's a thread here in the Forge called "Amazon Pack". What do you think about using them as mercenaries?

There's a thread here in the Forge called "Amazon Pack". What do you think about using them as mercenaries?
    Thats a bit off the lines of history don't ya think?

True, but I figured no big deal since you aren't stressing 100% historical accuracy.

Plus the guy who made them is a buddy of mine, and I'm sure he'd be happy to let us use them if I asked.

Perhaps one or two of them, they would be very rare and expensive though.

The mod has kinda moved into a putt-putt state for a bit. Progress is still being made, albeit very slowly. Anyone who's still interested please don't give up hope.

^ Indeed. Things are just moving slow due to school and stuff.
    Last edited by Spartan198; 10-11-2008 at 14:38.

Oh man I know it. College just jumped up and took a big bite out of my all of a sudden.

As I said a while back, I'm still here when things pick up. Any news yet on us getting a dev forum at TWC?

Also, my tech issues with the .Org (unable to access without a proxy website) are seemingly resolved, so I'll be here more often now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast