Thread: Koinon Hellenon Phalanx

Descendant of great Herakles Member Torvus's Avatar

Default Koinon Hellenon Phalanx

when I saw that EB 1.0 had a phalangite unit for the KH, i was really excited. except i can't seem to find a place where i can recruit them. plz advise.

Some people say I'm heartless. Shows what they know. I have three in a jar on my desk!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Koinon Hellenon Phalanx

Wait for vanilla Marius Reforms to pop.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Descendant of great Herakles Member Torvus's Avatar

so i have to wait until 107?

Some people say I'm heartless. Shows what they know. I have three in a jar on my desk!

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

As far as I'm aware the vanilla Marian reforms aren't tied to a date. I think it's a certain number of level 5 cities in Italy, the FAQ should have the info.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

They tend to pop up around 200, so after having your backside handed to you for 70 years or so you'll get phalangites.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Lightbulb Re: Koinon Hellenon Phalanx

The KH phalanx becomes available at the vanilla Marian reform. It requires the construction of the highest level of government building in one of the Roman homelands (except Rome herself) by any faction. In my last campaign, it occurred around 230 B.C. You won't get a message, the new unit simply pops up in your recruitment viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla
    They tend to pop up around 200, so after having your backside handed to you for 70 years or so you'll get phalangites.
    For me it was the other way round: I was doing pretty well, until I started employing phalangites. Then it become more difficult (or maybe that was because I installed a formation pack).

If you are playing the KH you can recruit in sparta and demetrias and I believe in a couple other cities I can't remember at the moment with a level 5 mic.

They were recruitable as soon as you had a level 5 mic in those cities if you are playing the KH.
    Last edited by fatsweets; 01-05-2008 at 17:42.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Koinon Hellenon Phalanx

Quote Originally Posted by fatsweets
    If you are playing the KH you can recruit in sparta and demetrias and I believe in a couple other cities I can't remember at the moment with a level 5 mic.

They were recruitable as soon as you had a level 5 mic in those cities if you are playing the KH.
    Level 4 MIC actually. They can be recruited in all provinces between Sparta, Epeiros and Macedonia (but not Euboia), as well as Taras, Pergamon, Mytilene, Kyrene, Alexandria and Antioch. Their appearance is not triggered by any MIC building.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!