Thread: Scottish Age SNAFU

Default Scottish Age SNAFU

Gents:

Greetings from cold and frosty Canada!!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

This is just a little heads up for all people playing as SCOTLAND in the Britannia Campaign. Have you noticed there's a slight error in the ages of[SPOIL]BOTH THE KING AND FACTION HEIR? King Alexander is now the sprightly age of 18 whilst his son, Patrick, is now hitting the age of 46. I don't want to put too fine a point on this, but this would mean that Alexander would have to start fathering kids whilst still in the womb, which we know is a biological impossibility.

Any thoughts out there?

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Default Re: Scottish Age SNAFU

He's a sorcerer, and has stolen the youth of his subjects! BURN HIM!
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Guess I didn't notice that -- probably because the Family Tree feature for the Scots is BROKEN! At game start Alexander is alone on the family tree, despite the presence of several other family members. Makes it a bit harder to manage your family tree!

Lord of Underpants Member Seabourch's Avatar

Weird... as long it doesn't gameplay, ignore it.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Same thing happens with KoJ in the Crusade Game where Baldwin is 16 at the start and his heir Guy is over 20 (can't remember exactly)...

What could justify this is the fact that the heir is not necessarily the son, which in fact it isn't in the KoJ, Baldwin and Guy being on the same branch of the family tree and Guy on the left most side...

What I did is consider that he was an uncle or illegitimate brother (so denied the crown until Baldwin died...)...

I don't know how the Scottish tree turns out but it might be something of the kind...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

indeed guy is baldwin's brother in law

There was a succession crisis in Scotland after the reign of Alexander III. He had no surviving sons and his daughter had only a daughter before dying herself. The recognized monarch was Alexanders granddaughter, Margaret, herself the daughter of the King of Norway, but she died while en route to Scotland to be crowned.

read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_of_scotland

it is complicated but the point is that the ruling house was wiped out after Alexander died, so I'd say Patrick is the start of a new house and thus has no connection to Alexander. Historically, the successor was named John so no connection there.

Member Member Uunts - a proud Estonian rebel's Avatar

I guess the older sons are adopted.. =) Actually is there any law for adopting older kids? =)
    It is all about swift killing..