Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VanillaMod Suggestions thread

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: VanillaMod Suggestions thread

The stats shown on the sheet are similar (not identical) to unmodded for billmen, but I have given all of them also got a boost against cavalry (hidden attribute)

Town militia are no longer cheaper spearmen but actual light infantry. Not great against spear militia, but should do a bit better against other light infantry than spears do.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 02-25-2009 at 09:57.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I'm not sure if this is a question or a suggestion but here goes:I like to play the eastern natioan (turks,byzantines etc)but I always seem to be having the mongol horde when they appear make a beline for Antioch,take it and then proceed to take just about every other cities and castle around that area. They also seem to wait until they have all there stacks together before they attack. I never have enough time to tech up for them as I need to go to war in order to make cash,and the wars seem to last forever,so would it be possible to mod them down to be a threat,but not a unstoppable horde that lays waste to everything in the area,or give a different target for them to hit simetimes?

Hmmmm I suppose you could remove some lines of script from the campaign_script file to weaken the Mongols.

The behavior for them is intentional though - I fixed them not doing anything

Alternatively, go to descr_events and delay their arrival a few years.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I just wondered,seeing with your changes,they know enough to avoid forts-lines now if they can help it.if they was any way to restore them to how they were in MTW1,where they where a challenge,but beatable,without a war of attrition,if you know what I mean. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.

As I said, to make them easier, its best to decrease the amount of stacks they send in the campaign_script file

Corrupter of Souls Member John_Longarrow's Avatar
    Be it ever so humble, there's no place like the Abyss...

I am not sure if this is doable, and I'll admit it is not historical, but could you have the Mongols appear someplace other than the eastern edge of the map?

ie, could they show up coming down from the Arctic and overrunning Norway on their way to the heart of the HRE as an option? Or come up through Africa and take out Egypt or Morocco?

P.S. Just started playing with it and it's not the cakewalk I'm use to with Milan.

Certainly possible, though not for mainstream use, but at best as a minor mod request if you really need it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123