Thread: I need a few english version files...

Indiana Jones of Modding! Member Patrizius's Avatar

Default I need a few english version files...

i need the data/text directory files in english from vanilla rome total war v1.5.
    Anyone can please provide me those ones?PLEASSEEE

Thanks in advance
    Ideator,Scripter and Team Leader of RES BELLICAE modding project.Come visit us on http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=603

Default Re: I need a few english version files...

I wouldnt hold my breath on someone sending them as afaik thats against the EULA (End User License Agreement) ... though you could always ask CA "if you could" ..

Reinstalling only takes 30 minutes
    Making a decent back up 10 minutes ...

G

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Patrizius, are you asking because you have mangled your install or because you have foreign language version....

If you mangled install you definitely should re-install and make back up as RS says!

If you're trying to translate for mod I'll see if we can think of more constructive suggestion - though posting vanilla files would still be against rules so please don't anyone start putting links up
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Indiana Jones of Modding! Member Patrizius's Avatar

sorry i don't know that.I have an italian version so i was just wondering if i can get them here.But i have had an idea.Maybe on the english patch 1.5....
    Ideator,Scripter and Team Leader of RES BELLICAE modding project.Come visit us on http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=603

Sorry, was assuming it was about say the lack of a back up ...

Though the suggestion still stands, ask CA (if what you think might work with the patch doesnt work), if CA says you can use them and redistribute them as part of a mod than things are easy enough to arrange. I guess they wouldnt even mind, thinking about how pretty much every mapper/modder out there already has redistibuted some of those files, though it than being called "part of the mod" as it has a few additional lines of text (or a few more) ...

G