Thread: NBA Live 08

Default NBA Live 08

Has anyone got any tips for this game. I find it hard to disposess cpu players. Also as a mini-review singleplayer is rather poor fullstop, the dynasty mode is impossible on a small tv. Far too small graphics. It gets going in muliplayer though. Still blocking/steals are hard in that.

Also maybe just nba related: As you can see I live in the UK, basketball is not big. How do you get free throws as opposed to sideline balls?

Default Re: NBA Live 08

There's a max foul limit (per team) that the commentators will constantly refer to (they did in the old games). Once the other team has reached the limit, all fouls will take you the line.

If you're fouled on the shot, it's a free throw, regardless of the number of fouls.

I believe the team foul limit is 5 in a quarter and it gets reset every quarter. Not too sure though.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Foul limit in a quarter is 5 and it gets resetted every quarter. Once you get to 5 fouls per team (NBA and Europe), if you foul again, the other team goes to the line, no matter what type of foul.

For disposessing players, get a guy (trade) with a high steal ability, and constantly stay on the guy and press the steal key. Also, to get steals, go with a man, put some pressure on, and when the guy inbounds the ball to the PG, at that time go in front of the PG to take the ball. It may bounce off, but 75% of the cases you get it.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

pg= point guard?

Nice tips thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrdun
    pg= point guard?
    Yeah, PG is point guard.

Also, use the trades a lot and also use the exceptions some teams have. Rockets, my team, has a mid-level trade exception which allows you to give a 5.6 million dollar salary to a player which you want to sign.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

trade exceptions, are they like transfers?

A trade exception is when you get from the NBA a sort of like the ability to go past the rules from the Collective Bargaining Agreement. If you are over the salary cap (if the salaries are more than 49 million dollars), you might have a exception. The mid-level exception of Houston is worth 5.6 million dollars, which is a salary that can be given to a player, who is a free agent.

The trade exception expires, but not in NBA Live, I think.

Proud

Been to:

A bit too much jargon there but I think I get the idea!!