Thread: Need a programmer and players for STW based forum game

Thumbs up Need a programmer and players for STW based forum game

Just wanted to let everyone know that myself and a few others are putting together a STW based game called Sengoku Jidai. The game is set in 1561 Japan. All the factions from STW will be available to play as well as many more lesser known but just as fun to command minor factions. One of the greatest parts of the game is that we also incorporated warrior monk factions into the game from the kaga ikko-ikki, mikawa monto to, of course, the temple of Enrakyuji. And some other special factions will also be available (don't want to give to much away here but for more info on this you can visit the game site). Game play will be much like STW. There will be building and resource management options as well as available upgrades to almost everything. For more info you can go to http://www.forumgaming.com/SMF/index.php under Sengoku Jidai to check it out.

Although we do need more players the game probably wont start for a while. Right now it's about half way done. Our one programmer had to take an extended leave of absence and has since gone MIA. We're looking for anybody that knows PHP and MySQL programming to help in writing a fairly simple code to complete the game. We already have most of the script for the game done but it's for an old site so we would need someone to update it for our new site. Also there may be a few more things left to do in the course of completion but all told I doubt it would take more than a few hours at the most. The game website is free so we couldn't pay you but we would give you admin status if you wanted and a choice faction in an upcoming game.

Well if you've read this far and are still interested in helping even a little please send me a pm or e-mail.

Thanx all and good gaming.

Like new! Slightly used! Member WombatSlayer's Avatar

Default Re: Need a programmer and players for STW based forum game

Quote Originally Posted by Prahphecee
    Just wanted to let everyone know that myself and a few others are putting together a STW based game called Sengoku Jidai. The game is set in 1561 Japan. All the factions from STW will be available to play as well as many more lesser known but just as fun to command minor factions. One of the greatest parts of the game is that we also incorporated warrior monk factions into the game from the kaga ikko-ikki, mikawa monto to, of course, the temple of Enrakyuji. And some other special factions will also be available (don't want to give to much away here but for more info on this you can visit the game site). Game play will be much like STW. There will be building and resource management options as well as available upgrades to almost everything. For more info you can go to http://www.forumgaming.com/SMF/index.php under Sengoku Jidai to check it out.

Although we do need more players the game probably wont start for a while. Right now it's about half way done. Our one programmer had to take an extended leave of absence and has since gone MIA. We're looking for anybody that knows PHP and MySQL programming to help in writing a fairly simple code to complete the game. We already have most of the script for the game done but it's for an old site so we would need someone to update it for our new site. Also there may be a few more things left to do in the course of completion but all told I doubt it would take more than a few hours at the most. The game website is free so we couldn't pay you but we would give you admin status if you wanted and a choice faction in an upcoming game.

Well if you've read this far and are still interested in helping even a little please send me a pm or e-mail.

Thanx all and good gaming.

this will be a viable playable game?
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Definitely. It won't have all the flashy graphics of a TW game but we're not trying to create STW's twin.

I'm trying to get our programmer to put up the part we have done already on our new site. He's a programmer at his day job too and he's working on at least 1 other forum game project that I know of so it's not always easy to get him to put something up because he's so busy. But when it's up I'll post something here to let everyone know.

Also I talked to our programmer and he said that if I could get one more programmer to help with the game he would also help. So the workload of the extra programmer would be halved.

If any of you are interested come by and say hi. We've a good group of guys. The next game starting is a forum game based on Roma barbaricorum. I think there's maybe 5 or so factions still open.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I've checked shortly, seems really cool! I'm afraid I can't help with the programming (I know nothing about it, and have too few time anyway), but I will certainly be intrested in playing along if/when you finish this!

Good luck!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

That's great Drisos. I'd like to see you playing on the site. There should be a Rome game coming up soon, as I mentioned above. If you're interested in playing that one it would help fill up the ranks and give you a general feel for how the game play on the site goes. So if Sengoku is the game your really interested in you'll have one game of experience under you're belt.

By the way are you Japanese?

visit:

http://forums.kryofx.com/

there is already an existing forum game called katchi made (until victory)

register and star playing it! :D
    have fun!

samu