Thread: Hotseat

Default Hotseat

I was wondering, is there a way to play a hotseat campaign in vanilla 1.0??

Default Re: Hotseat

I mean in just one computer, like it was in Civilization 3 or Heroes of Might and Magic.

The definition of hotseat is "on one computer", that is why the seat is hot, someone else was just sitting in it. Of course with all this whizbang technology nowadays people tend to transport the save file rather than their actual bodies if they are playing with multiple people.

I can't even get halfway through a campaign playing as ONE faction before I get bored, and my guess is that you are trying to play multiple factions by yourself. Good luck. I have thought of it but never tried it, like playing as England/France, Turkey/Egypt, Poland/Hungary, or some other interesting matchup. For the love of God do not try to play every faction at once, I cannot imagine the work involved, but would love to see the results if that is what you are trying to do.

To actually provide you with a useful answer, I believe that it is only possible by using control_faction or some such cheat to switch factions after you are done with whatever faction's turn you are playing, BUT BEFORE you click End Turn. Of course I could be totally wrong but 1 response is better than none
    Last edited by ReiseReise; 02-28-2008 at 12:43.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Hotseat is perfectly playable even with vanilla 1.0.

You should check the Throne Room on this same forum (several multiplayer hotseat games are on both Vanilla and Kingdoms and now even with mods such as Broken Crescent)

There is even a stickied thread that explains all there is to know about setting up your own game...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks