Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

Default Re: Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

If you're really desperate (I have the time) I can do something, although if I took up the offer, I would really really like to see it to completion.

Ireland or Scotland I haven't really played all that much of in any MTW VI mod. I can do them, that is, only if you really really need someone to test them, you're too drunk to play them (j/k), and noone else has come foward to take up the offer.

Again, I'm here for last ditch testing. If this is of no help, I'm sorry for using up a post.

Congratulations on seeing 2.0 to completion.

Spain, Russia or France I wouldn't mind either (referring back to what I said 10 seconds ago...)

But also I haven't played all that much of 1.5. I see now I am of little help, but again, last ditch sort of thing, I am here.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Thank you but I am very far away from desperation.

TO ALL TESTERS

I am almost certain the release will happen on Monday - the weekend will be crucial, but at this moment I have little reasons to belive something will slow me down.

TO ALL TESTERS

I am almost certain the release will happen on Monday - the weekend will be crucial, but at this moment I have little reasons to belive something will slow me down.[/QUOTE]

The big things we can see coming and manouver to avoid them. The little things....now they are the ones that get you!!

In the Royal Air Force we called them Gremlins. Those little creatures, never seen, who slipped into the fuel system to push the fuel level needle up just to make you think you had plenty of fuel, when you had not.
    Or when a pupil pilot would sit on the tail forcing the nose up no matter what you did! Then jumping off just as you landed so they could watch you bounce!!

They have hidden spanners! Held magnets next to the compass! slipped the wrong chart into the Navigators bag! And worst of all whistled up that evening fog just to spoil your day.

Yes the gremlins my friend are out to get you!

Answer!!.......Lucky Rabbits foot?......Kissing a frog?....Sleeping with a Vestal virgin?.....No! None of the above.....its the good old fashioned beta tester!!!

Gets the gremlin everytime.

Mind you the Vestal Virgin is worth a try

Vestal virgins are unavailable I am afraid...

Apparently you have called the gremlins in a really bad hour - today I had a terrible CTD error in the English Civil Wars campaign - it simply refused to load at all.
    After five hours I found it was a typo in a pieceshield file (for the Royalists)...

But it is over now - I will simply have to work faster tomorrow to compensate.

In case you have been wondering what I am doing right now...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

White Rose of Lancashire.....nice.

Keep up the good work.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    In case you have been wondering what I am doing right now...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

XP nigga Nah, I don't have Vista either. But in the upcoming months it would probably be worth the upgrade, you think after a year the problems should be evened out, and most new games will upgrade.

Oh right. marsals thread is not locked. Woooot! I might just be added to the 'beta testers' credits. hahahaha.
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 02-03-2008 at 01:15.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

BAD NEWS EVERYONE

My real life issues decided to disrupt the release process.

Tomorrow I must have to go away till Wednesday.

Because I need only one full day of work on the mod it is really frustrating.

I will uplod the beta on Thursday and it will be ready to download around 22.00 Central European (Warsaw, Berlin, Prague etc.).

Sorry for the delay, but I there was little I could do with it.

To compensate I decided to extend the testing for another 3 days so you will have entire 17 days to test the beta and report errors.

THis means that the new candidates might volunteer till Thursday - conditions same as before. This is the final date - and unless I will have a car accident, a lightning will strike me down nothing will stop me from releasing the beta on Thursday.

I will probably prepare an announcement post about the features in the new release and the mod in general - it will be posted today in the Main Hall.
    It might attract some new people to test the game. Still I have enough testers to release the beta so there is no real pressure here.

For now I advise to play your chosen factions in 1.5 (if they are present there) because it really might help you find weak spots more easily in 2.0.

Cheers and my apologies once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wladyslaw IV
    XP nigga Nah, I don't have Vista either. But in the upcoming months it would probably be worth the upgrade, you think after a year the problems should be evened out, and most new games will upgrade.

Oh right. marsals thread is not locked. Woooot! I might just be added to the 'beta testers' credits. hahahaha.
    Forgive me for posting on this thread, but I think this may have some value regarding beta testing.

Interesting you should mention Vista. I really think I should share this, but please bear in mind I'm not as savy as some when it comes to computers and their inner workings. I did discover that before installing the program you need to go into the control panel and turn off the User Access Account, this remedy has been posted on several wargaming forums for other programs.

Vista seems to be extremely touchy when it comes to PMTW. After I accidently tried to bribe a new faction and causing a CTD, I finally got it up and working again,. I then played it into the 8ths year of the Sun King scenario. Everything was working fine when, all of a sudden, CTD. I can't figure out what I did wrong. I'm still trying to work it through, but now it doesn't want to work all, which seem strange.

Rick

Arghhhh I got information it might take more time than just untill tomorrow.

For now let's hope it won't become true.

The only good thing is that I took a bunch of JPGs with portraits of various famous people so at least I can use my most basic graphic tools to rescale them to 96 x 142 pixels - i.e. the portrait size for MTW engine - this way I am able to prepare something so it is not a complete waste of time (modding wise...).

I might not have any access tomorrow so for now play along the 1.5 and prepare yourself for the testing - if indeed there will be another delay you will at least won't waste your time looking for the update.

I had plans for the weekend, but if there is a delay I will stay at home and preparet the release so you will be able to start testing on Sunday in the worst case scenario...

It is official - I am back today, so it seems I will stay for the weekend to upload the beta release on Sunday - to 22.00 most.

Why on Sunday ? I had some time to think about some ideas - I need to test them + I got some interesting sources about the Bohemian commandes of the early 30 YW which will help in adding some to this faction (for now it lacks any...).

I am a bit suprised that there are no new volunteers, but hell I can live with that !
    I should post some new screenshots tomorrow in the main thread - maybe someone will become more interested untill te time of the release.

My plan is to release the beta on Sunday and wait till Monday evening/Tuesday morning to check if there are any OBVIOUS mistakes i.e. something which will prevent the game to work at all - in general something which would be the direct result of badly prepared installation. I will correct mistakes immediatelly when I get ANY information about such identified error.

So, buy untill tomorrow - it is unlikely I will have tme today to visit this forum or the WWW in general...

I have just returned from the damn useless voyage...

So back to work - I have some interesting ideas which if they will work shoudld add more depth to the mod.

BTW - apparently the 1.5 install has been downloaded 21 times already - NOT BAD for the 'outdated' engine which lacks eyecandy but still beats RTW or MTW2 in a dozen of different areas.

Screenshots tomorrow, release on Sunday.

It seems everything is fine for now - I need only very few improvements and I can prepare the install version.

Now - fingers crossed - in case if anything bad happens I took next five days off , but I am planning to spend some time away from the city, not that I enjoy correcting unexpected bugs, I can tell you that.

ehhh better not to tell a thing...

I somehow disabled whole two campaigns - startpos files do not load properly due some very curious problem coused by some changes new agent and ship files (there are 3 new agents and over a dozen of new ships) - I cannot simply take the buckups beacause the whole system of naval warfare will be destroyed in RT and SA.
    The unique problem is that I cannot figure out what is a problem - I will need to check every line of the code added during the last changes.

I will get back to you when I am sure everything is all right - it is muc like PMTW 1.0 release all over again - that was really unlucky ( Eastside Character had a car accident, I lost my old computer etc.) so I am sure it cannot be any worse than that.

I will throw some screenshots and open a guide thread for the 2.0 - this time with detailed techtrees - you will see the first pieces today after I take a break - I need to relieve some frustration, somehow...

Just to let you know I am going on vacation tomorrow until Sunday, so I won't be able to start testing until Sunday. As you are allowing us 2 weeks though (correct?) I should still have plenty of time to play my factions in the following week. Looking forward to the release.

The testing will last to the end of the MONTH - should be more than enough in my opinion. ;)

It is IMPOSSIBLE for any error to stop me from releasing the beta for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    The testing will last to the end of the MONTH - should be more than enough in my opinion. ;)

It is IMPOSSIBLE for any error to stop me from releasing the beta for too long.
    Ceg,

Sign me up. If you need my email address it's: Rick.E.Allen@comcast.net

Send me a list of the factions that haven't been picked yet and I'll choose from it.

Rick

Glad to help out:

Lion of the North

1. Hungary
    2. Ragusa

Age of Exploration

1. Kazan
    2. Egypt

Religious Turmoil

1. Morocco
    2. France

Sun King's Ambition

1. Covenant Scotland
    2. Montenegro

Your Obedient Servant

H. Ireton
    "Cromwell's right-hand man in his dealings with the Levellers and the leading architect of the King's trial and execution. Cool, taciturn and intellectual in contrast to Cromwell's passion and emotion."

Henry Ireton,

Are those suggestions for me, or are those factions you're taking? They look like good ones, but if you're already involved with them I'll submit alternatives.

Rick

Hi Rick

they are the factions I am testing old chap.

Regs

H. Ireton
    "Cromwell's right-hand man in his dealings with the Levellers and the leading architect of the King's trial and execution. Cool, taciturn and intellectual in contrast to Cromwell's passion and emotion."

Being the last entry, I'm doing this differently. I'm listing my selection in order or preference. If one is already taken just move onto the next number. Simply delete what has already been selected by others, repost or email me and I'll do the rest.

Lion of the North
    1. Hapsburgs
    2. Poland
    3. Russia

Age of Exploration
    1. England
    2. Grenada
    3. Portugal
    4. Hesse Kassel

Religious Termoil
    1. Hapsburgs
    2. Polish - Lith
    3. Ottoman Empire
    4. Sweden

Sun King's Ambition
    1. Ottoman Empire
    2. Sweden
    3. Round Heads
    4. Crimean Khanate

Regards
    Rick

[QUOTE=Henry Ireton]
    old chap./QUOTE]

Henry,

Do they still say "Cheerio" and "Old Bean" in the UK?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Being the last entry, I'm doing this differently. I'm listing my selection in order or preference. If one is already taken just move onto the next number. Simply delete what has already been selected by others, repost or email me and I'll do the rest.
    I expect up to three new volunteers any time now - might show up or not, cannot tell.

Lion of the North
    1. Hapsburgs
    2 - plase choose a replacement

2. Poland ------ both taken
    3. Russia

Age of Exploration
    1. England
    2. Grenada
    3. Portugal
    4. Hesse Kassel
    All taken or not available (Hessen).

Religious Termoil

1. Hapsburgs
    2. Polish - Lith

OK.

Sun King's Ambition
    1. Ottoman Empire

3. Round Heads

All right.

[QUOTE=Rick]
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ireton
    old chap./QUOTE]

Henry,

Do they still say "Cheerio" and "Old Bean" in the UK?

Rick
    We certainly do old bean.

Regs

H. Ireton

How does this look?

Lion of the North
    1. Hapsburgs
    2. Holland / Netherlands (replacement)

Age of Exploration
    1. Sweden (replacement)
    2. Ottoman Empire (replacement)

Religious Termoil
    1. Hapsburgs
    2. Polish - Lith

Sun King's Ambition
    1. Ottoman Empire
    2. Round Heads

Rick

Ceg,

I'm afraid I must decline you offer to beta test. I will be going out of town on business and will be away for the next four or five weeks.

I look forward to playing and downloading P&M when I get back.

Regards,

Rick

You will get the link to the download anywa - when it is ready and I am quite certain *fingers crossed* it will be soon...

Greetings,

Are any more beta testers needed??? Know that there have been many offers since the last update of the filled slots, so am wondering if any are left to be filled???

Glad to help out:
    Lion of the North:
    Hessen, Pomerania, Munster

umm hello there is this mod still active? MTW is maybe the only game that i enjoy and my crappy laptop at the moment can play so i started searching for mods and yours looked pretty good. Don't get me wrong though, the amount of time i've spent playing mtw way back was huge! love that game! hope you get to finish and release the long awaited it seem 2.0!

Aaaaanyways i'm just gona leave here 2 bugs i found playing a bit, thought they might be known already, which are :

1. playing age of discovery with Knights; the knights unit looks glitchy-bugged i think its the animations fault
    2. same; same thing happends with the munteni unit of moldavia

edit: ok nevermind that.. after a reinstall it seems that this bug is non existent if i not apply the 'finished animations' from that thread of the same name soo either something wrong there or with how i put them
    edit2: also would like to get hold of version 2.0 since im gonna play now and test it anyways

cheers
    Last edited by barbalas; 09-15-2016 at 13:51.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12