Thread: What's the problem with software companies?

Default What's the problem with software companies?

Software of any kind: games, security, music, audio, and so on; what the hell is the problem with those creators? Sometimes I could just hijack a small plane, fly it over to their headquarters, land, go in and grab them by the throat while I curse them out as I shake them back and forth, "What the **** is wrong with you, you ****? Can't you make a decent program? You dirty money sucking bastard. I'm gonna ******* KILL you."

In a current project of mine I was to use a program called Finale designed for notation. It has lots of legacy code which supposedly invites errors in programming and operation.

For this project there's a score that is written and its audio must be extracted. All the different instrument sounds must be extracted separately so they can be used in other more serious audio software for serious production process.

Well, here comes the problem: it seems the files created from the program are not synchronized. You can even see that their sizes are not the same. It also seems -- if my searching and such have been worthy -- that this has been a problem in previous versions too.

You know what this means? It means that if I want to get serious with the production process, I will have to increase this level of seriousness by... by.... well, A LOT!

High Personal Seriousness Level + Orchestral Music + Program BUGS --> EXTREME EFFORT!!!!+11+!

It's times like this I want to plant bombs at their main building to destroy it.

Why are these developes even allowing faulty software to be released? Money. What happened to the QUALITY? Went down. Why? People who are a bit less serious and don't use much else are gonna buy the software anyway.

Death to all software manufacturers, companies, developers, and so on, who allow buggy software to exist. They must all provide GOOD software or NO software. If they still provide BAD software -- the terrible value in-between GOOD and NO -- they must be destroyed.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Default Re: What's the problem with software companies?

Well it happens, I'd complain to whoever makes you use the buggy software instead of decent software.

It also reminds me about this multiplayer RPG we had to make for a course at uni, when the guy who led the course tested it he made this quest where he had to collect sheep he couldn't finish it, I think we got away with telling him he must've missed a sheep.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Well, Finale and Sibelius are the top ones around and are serious competitors. The rest is just mediocre.

What is so nice about Finale is that it has a thing called Human Playback (HP). It will carefully check all the musical articulations and so on and attempt to make it sound human. It also uses a very good sound library called Garritan Personal Orchestra. This combination makes it very suitable for serious easy scorewriting of orchestral music that sounds decent out of the box.

Further tweaking would have to be done in audio software in my case, but since Finale doesn't even permit such a basic action as SYNCHRONIZATION of separate files when they're exported (which already takes lots of time)...... arrgh. Do you know how annoying and difficult it is -- not to mention TIME CONSUMING -- to fix this by hand?

Lots of Time + even MORE time --> GRRRRRR, death and pain to them! No, wait... what the hell am I saying? Isn't that just wrong? I mean.... pain, THEN death!
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Most of the time the problem is that they rely too much on patches which translates to having very buggy software at launch.