Thread: Buddy List features

Default Buddy List features

Well, I'm the kind of guy who actually adds people to a buddy list if there is one and so I have quite a few entries in my buddy list so far.

Now the only "benefit" I see for that is that when you look at who is online, your buddies will have a + behind their name like this: "....., Husar+, .....".
    Now while it's not really bad it's not all that great either and it's not too hard to overlook that so in the end if I'm actually looking for online friends I end up reading almost the whole list anyway.

So I was wondering whether it would be possible to change the colour your buddies' names are displayed in, just like admin names are red, moderators green etc. there could be a colour for buddies perhaps?

And then I was wondering whether there are any other benefits of making someone your buddy or whether it wouldn't make sense to have quicker access to your buddies' profiles and userpages etc. ?

Just putting this up for thoughts and discussion.
    But I want it my way anyway. ;)

edit: now I just found you can open it on the mainpage, which seems useful, but you can only select people to PM there it seems. Now that we all have userpages with a shoutbox, why not add a button next to the one for PMs saying "open userpages" which opens the userpages of all selected buddies in seperate windows.
    Last edited by Husar; 01-14-2008 at 13:54.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default Re: Buddy List features

If you go to the 'Quick Links' section in the top bar, you should find 'Open Buddy List' which shows you if they are on line - it probably gives you quick link to their profile too... not sure as I don't seem to have any Buddy's listed in mine
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

That's the one I just found but it only allows to select people who you want to PM, no links to anything else.
    You can add buddies by clicking the appropriate link in their profile or in the dropdown menu after clicking on their name in any thread.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

In the interests of experimentation I have experimented on you, you are now my buddy

If you click on the little bulb icon next to the name it takes you to the users forum profile.

Adding the userpages is a nice idea but I think TosaInu said elsewhere that the person writing the software for that hadn't added all the possible functionality yet so it might not be possible to link it up.... (?)
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Ah, thanks for wasting your time for me.

I tried clicking the bulb before, maybe I misclicked.

It seems obvious though that most members do not care a living piece of....paper about that feature.

I feel honoured to be your first buddy ever.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello,

I looked into this yesterday. There isn't a setting to color it like usergroups. There should be a place that marks the buddy, the + is used now. Didn't find it in the styletemplates, not ones that affect it in the right place, and didn't find it in the script files yet either.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Thanks for looking into it but now that I found it I can just open the buddylist.