Thread: Buddy List features

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Buddy List features

Well, I'm the kind of guy who actually adds people to a buddy list if there is one and so I have quite a few entries in my buddy list so far.

Now the only "benefit" I see for that is that when you look at who is online, your buddies will have a + behind their name like this: "....., Husar+, .....".
    Now while it's not really bad it's not all that great either and it's not too hard to overlook that so in the end if I'm actually looking for online friends I end up reading almost the whole list anyway.

So I was wondering whether it would be possible to change the colour your buddies' names are displayed in, just like admin names are red, moderators green etc. there could be a colour for buddies perhaps?

And then I was wondering whether there are any other benefits of making someone your buddy or whether it wouldn't make sense to have quicker access to your buddies' profiles and userpages etc. ?

Just putting this up for thoughts and discussion.
    But I want it my way anyway. ;)

edit: now I just found you can open it on the mainpage, which seems useful, but you can only select people to PM there it seems. Now that we all have userpages with a shoutbox, why not add a button next to the one for PMs saying "open userpages" which opens the userpages of all selected buddies in seperate windows.
    Last edited by Husar; 01-14-2008 at 13:54.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu