Thread: Roman sabotage ctd

Default Roman sabotage ctd

Hi.

I was so glad when i finally found out how to activate the reforms with Carthage that i really enyojed my campaign from that moment on...
    But in 219 a ctd occures... It occures always when a roman army hits another roman army near iuovaieta or sth( i've seen this when i turned fow on). One army moves and the next thing is a ctd... I've tried a lot of things.. Playing the turn with fow on, without the script but nothing seems to help. The CTD also occured a turn priot to this one but I was able to go past it when i turned fow on... I guess the romans found out i was planning i major invasion and decided that this was the only way to stop me

Please help me prove those roman dogs wrong

Thanx for all help
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Default Re: Roman sabotage ctd

It's been some time since I used to reply like this:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83728
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Ok... I dunno if i can describe the situation when the games ctd's more than i did. The two roman armys colide, one moves to make way for the other and the next thing is a ctd. It could be related to the parthians since they're next to have their turn, so i could be the first thing that happens when they have a turn.

As for posting the save game (this may sound incredibly stupid, hope it doesn't) i cannot find it ... I have no idea where my computer keeps it's saved games. I tried a whole search on my computer but i came empty when i typed the saved games name.... Any ideas? I have Vista so this could be the trick...

I will post my save game the second someone tells me where it is

C drive - Program Files - Activision/The Creative Assembly (depends on what version you have) - Rome -Total War - EB - saves

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus
    C drive - Program Files - Activision/The Creative Assembly (depends on what version you have) - Rome -Total War - EB - saves
    i don't have the saves folder you speak of.
    I have only one saves folder and it's in the main directory of RTW, and it's empty.
    I did a search with saves and this is the only thing that keeps popping up

Okay... Can anyone with Vista help this man?
    (Who invented Vista anyway? geesh, nothing but trouble...)

P.S.: You just searched? Or did you look yourself into the EB folder?

They're supposed to go in <RTW home>\EB\saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by the validation sticky
    The "Vista bowels" are reported to be C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Totalwar, at least in one instance where it helped.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Aah Vista seems to be so user-friendly...

I can't translate the appdata into my language but i've searched manually the entire my username folder... and came up empty
    I can't believe it... I finally refound my love for Carhage and now i can't find a bloody save game?

I'm gonna sue Bill Gates!!!

Seriusly.... any other tip that might help? Could the folder be somehow hidden from me?

Don't have Vista, but in XP you need to use any Windows Explorer window, then choose Tools=>Folder Options, and there under View there's a bunch of stuff Windows hides from you for your inconvenience, including a setting for showing "hidden" files and system folders. I'm sure Vista expands on this inconvenience, but I have no clue where to look for it.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Don't have Vista, but in XP you need to use any Windows Explorer window, then choose Tools=>Folder Options, and there under View there's a bunch of stuff Windows hides from you for your inconvenience, including a setting for showing "hidden" files and system folders. I'm sure Vista expands on this inconvenience, but I have no clue where to look for it.
    thanx... it was an important hint

http://www.axifile.com/?7011715

ok... i use fanatic's elephant chariot mod, the minime's pre1.1 fixes, and the new boats made by lisymachus i think

I hope i got the names right...

any help would be apreciated... thanx

P.S tell me if the link works, since i had a small problem with it..
    Last edited by anubis88; 01-15-2008 at 21:59.

The link seems to work, but unfortunately I can't check the game due to savegame incompatibility with 1.0.

To try to get past the problem you should see if there are any cities about to rebel for the romani and whichever 3-4 factions that come after them in turn. Reduce the population of those in peril.

Also, you can try to move_character one of the guys that are too attracted to one another (if one of them is a captain, they are a lot easier to find the internal name of - "Captain Biggvs" with the hyphens).

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    The link seems to work, but unfortunately I can't check the game due to savegame incompatibility with 1.0.

To try to get past the problem you should see if there are any cities about to rebel for the romani and whichever 3-4 factions that come after them in turn. Reduce the population of those in peril.

Also, you can try to move_character one of the guys that are too attracted to one another (if one of them is a captain, they are a lot easier to find the internal name of - "Captain Biggvs" with the hyphens).
    Ok.... now i could need i walkthrough how to do that....
    1) how can i see if the cities are about to rebel?
    2) how can i move an army(how do i know the coordinates and such)?

bah... i guess i'm to much trouble.. i will definetly understand if you don't wan't to help me anymore so...

But... you are willing explain the 2 points i've made....

thanx bovi

yeh, Vista has a retarded habit of storing half your important data in that ghost virtual drive folder. And normally that folder is hidden so you can't even access it unless you type it in directly...
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

I've explained the rebelling in several recent threads, please look at a few. If it's unclear, ask again here.

Use the console command show_cursorstat (or possibly it should be a space instead of underscore, can't remember), then use the output as coordinates in move_character "<name>" <x, y>, where name is the internal name of the character. That makes it sort of tricky. And remember the hyphens! Captains are easiest, as I said. If both are generals and you fail to get moving to work, ask me again.

================
    ================