Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise on Scientology = Comedy Gold

Default Tom Cruise on Scientology = Comedy Gold

The man is an egomaniacal nutjob! But, you already knew that...

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3383

Gotta love the background music. Taken from a certain popular 80s flick that launched a young, relatively unknown actor into stardom...

Note: Given the controversial nature of Scientology I'm not sure whether this thread belongs in the Frontroom or Backroom. Given the comedic nature of this clip showing Maverick in all his wackiness I felt the Frontroom was the best place for it.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Default Re: Tom Cruise on Scientology = Comedy Gold

He spends an awfull lot of time saying nothing, doesn't he? I am reminded of Dennis Hoppers character in 'Apoclypse Now'.

The only thing I really notice here, is the thought that they consider themselves as the only ones who can save the world, and they feel a responsibility to do so. Such ideas usually turns out to be disastrous. But if the general rethorical level among scientologists is reflected by mr. Cruise here, they will probably never get around to it.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Backroom.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The scary thing here is that it seems like he really believes this stuff. Either that, or he is a much better actor than I thought.

Edit-> forgot to add, HAIL XENU!
    Last edited by drone; 01-15-2008 at 22:14.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Man, Tom Cruise has all kinds of superpowers. I had no idea! Did you know that if he drives by an accident, he's the only one who can really help? Did you know that world leaders want him to advise them?

I, for one, welcome our Top Gun overlords.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

His best role is in Magnolia, can I say it? RESPECT THE youknow. Great movie.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

/me whistles the Danger Zone song.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Wow... he really has the look of someone who's been completely brainwashed, doesn't he?

On a side note, I was impressed to see that he's personally introduced over 1 billion people to LRH technology. He should probably get some kind of freedom medal of valor for that.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 01-15-2008 at 22:07.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Full episode of Tom Cruise Trapped in the Closet available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Full episode of Tom Cruise Trapped in the Closet available here.
    Saw that when it was on TV (yes Canada broadcast it). Good episode, especially the part *THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS BELIEVE* flashing at the bottom of the screen.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

I love how South Park will make fun of all religions. Yet when they made fun of Scientology the guy who voiced Chef suddenly got all hypocritical.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...3/s1590966.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Soul music veteran Isaac Hayes, the voice of the libidinous character Chef on the satiric television cartoon South Park, says he is leaving the show, citing its "inappropriate ridicule" of religion.

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs and others begins," Hayes said in a statement issued through his spokesman in New York.

Hayes, 63, a follower of the Church of Scientology, did not mention a South Park episode that aired last fall poking fun at Scientology and some of its celebrity adherents, including actor Tom Cruise.

Rather, the statement said the show's parody of religion is part of what Hayes sees as a "growing insensitivity toward personal spiritual beliefs" in the media generally, including the recent controversy over a Danish cartoon depiction of the Muslim Prophet Mohammed.
    It was fine for him right up to the point they made fun of his religion. He made fun of everyone else but when the joke was on him he whined like a little kid. It would have been fine if that was the very first episode that made fun of any religion, but the show had been doing that for years.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

People like him just astound me.
    Going past a car crash he's the only one who can help. Not the ambulance people or police or anyone else.

I want to know if he'd tell the police and ambulance crews already at car crashes to sod off because HE is the only one who can help. I doubt he's ever actually done ANYTHING at a car crash.

I'd say everyone who drives by a car crash and has access to some phone somewhere can and is supposed to help.
    Of course Cruise doesn't need a phone.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

He uses his mental and physical superpowers. He needs no phone for he simply uses his brain to remotely connect to the nearest hospital. Or he just extinguishes the fire by manipulating the air around him, and shooting it at the fire, then removes the victim(s), holds them, then flies away like Superman towards the hospital, even flies quickly with them a couple hundred or thousand kilometres above the Earth to show off.... of course the victims would then surely be destroyed because they can't survive out there. But he's Tom Cruise: he can then just revive them with his superpowers to show off some more.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

I agree with the guy who posted that playing dead would be the best option if Tom Cruise approaches an accident that you are involved in.

WOOHOO POST NUMBER 1,000 OH YEAH!!!
    Last edited by CrossLOPER; 01-16-2008 at 16:44.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

video got taken down..

here´s another source

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

If they are the path to enlightenment why are they so afraid of the light?
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

If they are the path to enlightenment why are they so afraid of the light?
    Because if you want to to see their path of enlightenment you have to pay ...and pay and pay

All I got out of Tom's ramblings is that he doesn't want us going to see his movies anymore. To paraphrase him, "you are either in the movie or outside the theater - no spectators."
    This space intentionally left blank

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    I love how South Park will make fun of all religions. Yet when they made fun of Scientology the guy who voiced Chef suddenly got all hypocritical.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...3/s1590966.htm

It was fine for him right up to the point they made fun of his religion. He made fun of everyone else but when the joke was on him he whined like a little kid. It would have been fine if that was the very first episode that made fun of any religion, but the show had been doing that for years.
    IIRC, some Scientology church leaders may have pressured him into speaking out too
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Geez Louise, more Tom Xenu wackiness!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle697924.ece
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

What a strange video clip. He doesn't say anything, but he says it with such conviction. "These are the times. This is the place. Are you ready?" What the heck is he talking about?

Oh, and hail Xenu!

This takes us to his ex.

Did you know that Nicole is a Christian? Hmm.....
    Wooooo!!!

I mean, of all the religions in the world, the Christians consider Scientology as the most blasphemous second to Satanism. At least Muslims and Christians believe in the same God. And Buddhists are accepting of most religions. I even saw a monk on tv who talked about his conversation with a priest on religion.
    Wooooo!!!

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Wait, should I have a blasphemy-o-meter to rate religions? I missed that in church.

Scientology certainly seems like one of the fartherst out there religions, not least because it's relatively harmless yet strange beliefs (and let's face it, every religions makes claims which seem foolish to nonmembers, even if most don't include aliens) are attached to a science fiction writer's bizarre theories about psychology.

Of course, then there's the whole having to buy your way up the ranks thing.

I understand that in some countries in Europe it's officially considered a scam and denied tax exempt status?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka_Khan
    I mean, of all the religions in the world, the Christians consider Scientology as the most blasphemous second to Satanism. At least Muslims and Christians believe in the same God. And Buddhists are accepting of most religions. I even saw a monk on tv who talked about his conversation with a priest on religion.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Default Sv: Re: Tom Cruise on Scientology = Comedy Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zim
    Scientology certainly seems like one of the fartherst out there religions, not least because it's relatively harmless yet strange beliefs (and let's face it, every religions makes claims which seem foolish to nonmembers, even if most don't include aliens) are attached to a science fiction writer's bizarre theories about psychology.
    That's the problem, it's not harmless.
    It's a vicious cult that not only tells their members to destroy anyone who goes against it(known as fair play), several of it's members have died because they didn't get treatment that they needed. Now if she didn't get treatment by her own accord then it's suicide but atleast one of the cases she wasn't allowed to since other scientologists simply locked her up.
    Make no mistake, these guys are far from harmless and if I were prime minister in Sweden I would remove their religion status faster then Paris Hilton loses her underwear during a party(yes I went there).

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Default Re: Sv: Re: Tom Cruise on Scientology = Comedy Gold

That's the cary thing about them.

What kind of treatment was it? I know they have some unhealthy ideas about psychology and medication for mental problems, but if they're actually forcibly preventing people from seeking health related treatment someone should be locked up, and not the girl who needed help!

It make make you feel better (more likely worse, as it does me) but Sweden has a lot of company as far as nations that recognize it as a religion.

I think Germany doesn't, and maybe not Australia. To be honest, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask a more knowledgable Org member.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    That's the problem, it's not harmless.
    It's a vicious cult that not only tells their members to destroy anyone who goes against it(known as fair play), several of it's members have died because they didn't get treatment that they needed. Now if she didn't get treatment by her own accord then it's suicide but atleast one of the cases she wasn't allowed to since other scientologists simply locked her up.
    Make no mistake, these guys are far from harmless and if I were prime minister in Sweden I would remove their religion status faster then Paris Hilton loses her underwear during a party(yes I went there).
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Tom Cruise on Scientology = Comedy Gold

That's the cary thing about them.

What kind of treatment was it? I know they have some unhealthy ideas about psychology and medication for mental problems, but if they're actually forcibly preventing people from seeking health related treatment someone should be locked up, and not the girl who needed help!

It make make you feel better (more likely worse, as it does me) but Sweden has a lot of company as far as nations that recognize it as a religion.

I think Germany doesn't, and maybe not Australia. To be honest, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask a more knowledgable Org member.
    Well here is one case
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...833431861.html
    and here is a youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU
    (Warning the video might not be work-safe nor something for children to see).

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

That Time cover picture is scary. He reminds me of this main character from American Psycho 1 somehow...

I'm glad (and a little bit proud also) that where I live Scientology is monitored by national security and constantly in danger of being banned. NB: Not for religious content, mind you (do they have any that deserves the name?). Simply because their structure and methods are quasi-totalitarian and violating the dignity of the individual. That last part alone would be sufficient for me personally to ban them, dissolve them, confiscate their money and give it to cancer or hiv research.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I understand that in some countries in Europe it's officially considered a scam and denied tax exempt status?
    I believe they're even considered a cult here.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast