Thread: Alrite

Hammer of the Scots. Member r johnson's Avatar

Default Alrite

I admit it I've begun to find NTW dull principally because there is only around 9 factions. What I'd like to find out from the brainy MTW vets is if there is a way of uninstalling NTW and installing xl without uninstalling and then having to reinstall standard MTW?

Plus is BKB any good?
    (\_/) Add the bunny 2 ur sig
    (o.o) and help him achive
    (>.<) global domination!
    (_)(_)

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: Alrite

You can't really uninstall mods like NTW, they overwrite so many files. You really are much better off just deleting the folder, and reinstalling another copy of the game for XL

Edit: BKB is fun, I'm only on my first campaign, but it's a new map, new units, new factions. Give it a whirl!
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 01-18-2008 at 19:04.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Hammer of the Scots. Member r johnson's Avatar

Sadly cant give either a go atm because the 3d download wont refresh
    (\_/) Add the bunny 2 ur sig
    (o.o) and help him achive
    (>.<) global domination!
    (_)(_)

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

No need for uninstalling or multiple installations.

I use a special back-up approach to MTW: Gold Edition. I have my main installation, and then a back-up of it in another folder elsewhere on the F drive (I don't ever touch the .exe file, I leave that alone entirely). What I do next is use the main installation to install mods over, and then when I want to swap that mod with vanilla or another mod, I create a back-up folder for the mod, cut and paste ALL the files (save for the .exe) to that folder, and copy and paste the vanilla back-up into the main installation folder - and then I can install a new mod. Rinse and repeat, basically. I can have numerous mods installed, and all I need to do is swap the files between folders. Fortunately, because I use cut and paste most the time, there's no long wait as the files copy. Only when I copy and paste the vanilla files does that happen (but it's usually better to copy and paste those JUST to avoid a case where I forget there's no mod in the main installation, and that I cut and pasted the vanilla back-up...and installed a mod over it...LOL! That's NEVER going to happen, I won't let it).

So, like I said, no need to uninstall or create multiple installations. Of course, I do wish this game had a mod switcher like M2TW (not that I like that game - abandoned it), in which the mods install into their own folder, so you can run multiple mods or vanilla at the same time, without having to back-up multiple times.
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 01-19-2008 at 11:54.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'