Thread: Frustrated with saba :(

ERROR READING USER PROFILE Member AqD's Avatar

Angry Frustrated with saba :(

Hi all!

I started my first EB campaign on saba. It has really little money and population. So I finished two cities quickly by the initial army, and began to get some income, but somewhere a "mercenary general" appeared and he's eating my money away, and I couldn't even send him to suicide because he moves sooooo slow!

Is this a scripted feature?? It's ridiculous to have something like that. At least EB should give me some method to disband the general..... (or it should have 0 upkeep)

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Frustrated with saba :(

Did you build a Type4 government? If so, that is the client ruler. He takes a lot of income for upkeep and it is a bad idea to install Type4 government when you first start out.

Have you guys considered some sort of Arab/ Semitic general ?

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Did you build a Type4 government? If so, that is the client ruler. He takes a lot of income for upkeep and it is a bad idea to install Type4 government when you first start out.
    Client rulers are sometimes a nessescity for distant cities. When the govern they may gain some managerial traits that boost income and public order far better than garrisons or buildings could do alone.

To answer the OP, first you should capture the 2 neighbouring cities with only your family members and 2-3 archer units. Then disband everything, place family members inside the cities and save money for the mines. Once you get advanced mines up and running for all 3, you are set for life.

You might wanna sail later to Axum and then to Patala and get the mines up and running there as well.
    Last edited by Slim_Ghost; 01-19-2008 at 13:34.