Thread: Triumphs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Triumphs

I wonder if you could me with a slight query with regards to Triumphs. I’ve read the FAQ’s and understand how to achieve them, it’s just that my character (the best Roman general you start with, Lucius Cornleius Scipio) has met all the conditions, yet has received the Imperator trait.

He’s acquired the Vanquisher of Cathargo trait taking Sicily, Corsica and Sardinia. After taking Utica he go the Conqueror of Carthage and got the cognomen Lucius ‘Africanus’. Finally he defeated a Carthaginian force over the 1500 size (2000 to his 1400) and took Carthage itself while he was at it. I assumed that after winning this battle his men would declare him Imperator and I could sail him off to get his triumph. However this hasn’t taken place.

Is it a case of fighting a few of these battles and you’ll get the trait, or is it a variable thing?

Default Re: Triumphs

Just keep the slaughter going and the Imperator trait will show up...

The only times I've ever gotten Imperator have been either autocalced battles against rebels or manual small fights vs bad odds. I'd suggest sending the general back with the damaged units of his army for retraining, and beating up on a small rebel stack on the way.
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

Theres only a certain percentage chance of your general gaining the trait after each battle, so the more battles your general participates in the greater likely hood he will gain the triumph.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

I had a few times an imperator among my generals during my play time as romani, but only because i wanted to know what a triumphus is good for. I dont know how many battles your general needs to win, but the harder the battles, the better command traits he gains(which i think it is helpful to become imperator).

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Remember, if you fight a battle with 3000 men against 2000 men you're going to win and it won't prove you to be a great general. Only when you win against the odds do you get recognized as a great general (ie get Imperator).

If you want an easy way to get the Imperator trait, capture a city in the middle of enemy territory and leave your general + a few phalanx pikemen as the only garrison.

It's kind of cheap since the AI doesn't know how to overcome a phalanx in a choke point, but if you really want the imperator trait, it's quick and relatively easy to do.

I've won numerous gigantic battles outnumbered 2-1 and more, yet I never get the imperator trait. And I play on very hard/hard if that has anything to do with it.

Either a. I'm extremely unlucky, b. There's about a 2% chance of one getting the trait following such great victories, or c. the trait is bugged.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

I got an Imperator trait after an auto-calc battle against a few units of rebels right at the start of my campaign, but not since. I'm won quite a few big battle, often out numbered with my current #1 guy, but no luck.

Does it have to do with what the general does during the battle? Would he be more likely to get acclaimed if he directly took part in the win by killing enemy soldiers, rather than sitting back and directing?
    One balloon for not being Roman

No, getting a triumph is simple (at least the process of it, not the actual actions of it). Try to fight many battles against a certain faction, that way the general will gain the "Vanquisher of so and so", then its only a matter of time until he gets the triumph. Or, if your general is all over the place, simply give him a medium veteran army and have him fight large armies. Big battles don't help unless your general is seriously disadvantaged.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

Yesterday one of my governor of taras had his first and only battle against some rebel scum and got the imperator trait. My princeps is a 6 stars general, consular, vanquisher and coqueror of the qurthadastim( i dont know how many battles he fought), but still not imperator. Not that i really care. He has more than enough influence.

Member Member LuciusCorneliusSulla's Avatar

DONT mind any of this talk about fighting larger enemies. Take your general on a tour of your territory knocking the shit out of some rebels. Try autocalc, try manual battle, try small armies and big armies, good odds and bad odds but ALWAYS rebels.

I've taken a lowly no star governor, given him a couple of mercs and let him fight a p*ss poor band of rebel skirmishers and hes gotten Imperator while my 10 star general wins odds 5 - 1 with Heroic Victories aplenty and gets nothing!

Rebels rebels rebels! A heroic victory over them helps, but so long as you're rebel busting you're good to go...

If you are really struggling you could always attack a large enemy stack with your general and a small army and then usethe auto_win attacker command in Romeshell and then auto calc the battle
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

If you get a one unit stack of rebels try attacking them with just your general, everytime I have done that he has gotten the Imperator trait, I'm guessing it's because he has killed 100% of the enemy. Unfortunately one unit rebel stacks aren't that common.