Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and any unfinished business

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Bug reports and any unfinished business

This thread is for bug reports and anything that looks unfinished (sometimes I forget that I'm going to "go back and finish that someday" )

So, please let me know about any CTDs (with error messages, where possible), missing graphics (of the type that say "I looked but can't find it"), any "translation not found" messages etc etc. Also any inappropriate info pics (eg for the time being I still have a mediaeval pikeman as info pics for tribal and celtic pikes - this is the sort of reminder that would be useful).

This thread is not for things like "I really think the Assyrians need armoured slingers" etc - that should go in "Suggestions / wishlist" thread

So to start the list - known issues that I'm already aware of:
    - pre-battle images are not available for all maps (but this will be a real mammoth task to sort out, eventually) but if you report these I need to know two things - which province you're attacking, and which you're attacking from (if you've come across a number of borders with different units, then it's the one your general crosses that counts)
    - some info_pics and reviewpanel graphics are placeholders (ie using MTW originals - please feel free to list any you spot)

Obviously, please report which version you're on, and post up screen shots if they contain useful info.

Thanks
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 01-21-2008 at 12:38.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Default Re: Bug reports and any unfinished business

macsen my CTD came from.....

wait for it.....

I DLed the patch and forgot to install it . I'm enjoying an Indian campaign right now no problems.

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Excellent news....

.... now everyone else take note. This is JUST the sort of bug report I'm looking for

Discussion forum thread

Hi,

the tribal archers and sagitarii have no archs during the battles.

Hi Wilczan, welcome to the Org

Do you mean no arrows, or no bows? And what version do you have?

Discussion forum thread

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus
    Hi Wilczan, welcome to the Org

Do you mean no arrows, or no bows? And what version do you have?
    I have the version _2_53 . As for tribal archer nothing has it. They are behaving, they look like Heavy Missile Slinger.

Hmmm, that shouldn't happen - the 2.53 patch should include the new model tribal archers - the old version was the same as the slingers (which is WHY the new ones were released....)

Okay some more probing questions: what is your install history? v2.0 full install? Any patches in between? Also which campaign are you playing (era & faction?)

If you can, could you check the Thracian peltasts as well? I'd be interested to see how they've come out, ie do they have a sort of kilt/toga thing, or a tunic in faction colours (like the standard peltast)? (I wonder if maybe I forgot to change the animation in one of the unit_prod files???)

Thanks

Any one else have this problem?

Discussion forum thread

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

have a question...

can I safely install the 2.53 on to my current Ancient TW folder (2.01 version)?
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Hi Hound,

"Safe" in as much as it will work, but it's not save-game compatible (if you have campaigns to finish then copy the directory for the upgrade )

Discussion forum thread

thanks.

Now what to do with my campaigns...

[QUOTE=macsen rufus]Hmmm, that shouldn't happen - the 2.53 patch should include the new model tribal archers - the old version was the same as the slingers (which is WHY the new ones were released....)

It looks for it that, I installed wrongly patch 2.53.

Hi Wilczan, yes, you have the right Thracian Peltasts now, so you obviously got it sorted

Discussion forum thread

I had a wierd bug report for the 2.53 Installer that I downloaded. When I tried to run it my computer gave me an 'contains invalid data' message.

It might have been corrupted.

Hi Hound - yes, does sound like a corrupted download Best to pull it down again, and check to see if the file size comes out the same.

Discussion forum thread

Hi,
    First I'd like to say what a great mod ATW is. Thanks for all your hard work.

However something strange:
    I made a clean copy of my original metw gold edition, deleted all the files you said and installed ATW2.53 -- no problems.
    I did the exact same thing for Ancient TW3 but it won't run. The little square saying Ancient TW3 Roman Wars appears, but that's as far as it gets.
    Any suggestions?

Hi Obliqueattack, & welcome to the Org

I'm not sure what the problem is, sounds like something important is missing, but can't imagine what... maybe as a test you can try installing it without deleting the usual files - you will get some strange results but it should work still (ie some of the portraits will be wrong - Viking issue, and some of the building graphics for the Romans will be wrong - old style "Orthodox", etc). Let me know how you get on. I can't imagine it's related to Gold Edition, but then again I don't have Gold, so I can't be 100% on that

Discussion forum thread

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Did you install ATW 3 over the top of ATW 2.5x? That could be the problem. You'll need a blank, untampered with version of MTW for ATW 3 to install over. I have the Gold Edition of MTW too, and ATW 3 works flawlessly.
    Last edited by Raz; 05-06-2008 at 11:11.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Hi Macsen Rufus,
    You were right. Following your advice, I installed it without deleting anything and got it running without any problems. I guess I must have accidentally deleted something important before.
    Thanks

Hi,

I downloaded the full version 2.53 and installed per your instruction (deleting files/directories from MTW), but the game still didn't work when I ran the installation. I saw the new text files being copied over, but when I ran the .exe file it crashes. Pls help.

Hugalu
    Last edited by Hugalu; 11-20-2008 at 19:06.

Hi Hugalu -- sorry I've not been around for a while. Did you get the install to work in the end?

Discussion forum thread

I have a clean install of ATW 2.53 following the installation instructions. This is a great mod!!! I have started a number of games as the barbarian factions, and had a lot of fun, and no troubles.

When Playing as Libya, Early Period, I cant get through the first turn without encountering a ctd. These are usually caused just by opening up a buildings info panel to find out what it produces. It has happened to both buildings that I could construct, and buildings already built. One time I got a ctd even finding out info about my units.

Very unstable for Libya, Early Period. I have played some games as the Balts, Germanics, and Pyrtani, all in early period, to maybe around turn 30 or so, with no issues.

I really enjoy this mod, and will edit this post and give feedback, as I play more factions.

EDIT: Since I posted this I have tried some other factions. I have the same troubles with ctds, that I had with Libya above, with all the other Dynastic\Muslim factions. I cant even get past the first turn for all these factions without a ctd.

I might try re-installing to see if this helps. It could be possible that I missed something regarding the Muslim religion from the install instructions making these factions not work correctly. I will reinstall and retest these factions. I will also quick test all of the other factions and proceed to turn 5 with each to make sure they work correctly. I will post the results back in this thread.
    Last edited by Gaiseric; 10-09-2010 at 14:24.

I reinstalled Ancient:Total War 2.53 following all the instructions, but I am still getting ctds as Libya, Early Period, Turn 1. The ctds are happening when I open up a buildings or units info panel. I have tried changing compatibility settings for my vista 32 bit with no success. I really want to play these factions in this mod but I dont know what else to do. I am really in the ancient era mood, however I would hate to have to go play a mod for RTW or M2TW because I prefer the strategic campaign map and the challenge of MTW+Mods.

Ok, Nevermind the above two posts. I figured out that it was Windows Vista that was crashing my games. I tried all the differant compatibility settings with Vista for MTW+ATW with no luck. I wanted to play this game/mod so bad that I dug out my old computer from the closet, and installed the game/mod on there. My old computer uses Windows XP, and I was able to play a long turtle game as Libya with no CTDs. Windows Vista was the culprit for my previous CTDs, the mod simply wont run on there for some factions.

In the games that I have played, I have come across no other problems. This mod is great!!! If I run into anything major I will post it here.

Hi Gaiseric,

Thanks for the feedback and glad you got the CTD nailed ... well, I was getting all worked up for an excuse to go play as Libya to check it out.... of course I still can :-)

Anyway, interetsing to know Vista causes problems - I'm on XP here, so can't really do any testing in Vista.

Discussion forum thread

* I keep getting a CTD whenever I right click on a heavy/light chariot.

* Castles still look like castles when I remember they changed to look more like collumbed palaces, though this could be a user issue on my part.

I'm using the steam version of the game, Win 10 and ATW 2_53 (that's what the installer tells me).
    Last edited by Diggiz the Hun; 01-19-2022 at 00:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggiz the Hun View Post
    * I keep getting a CTD whenever I right click on a heavy/light chariot.

* Castles still look like castles when I remember they changed to look more like collumbed palaces, though this could be a user issue on my part.

I'm using the steam version of the game, Win 10 and ATW 2_53 (that's what the installer tells me).
    Hi Diggiz - I've got no experience with this in Steam or Win 10, so I'm at bit of a disadvantage in diagnosing the problem, I'm afraid, but I'll see what I can do....

When you get the chariot CTD, is it in battle or on the strat map? And what faction are you playing?

Not sure about the castles - again is this on battle map or in the strat map review panel?

Discussion forum thread

Member thankful for this post:

The faction in question is Assyria as clicking for both light and heavy chariot types as any other faction gives me the stat screen for the chariots whether its Mycenae or the Hittites, whereas playing Assyria and clicking the chariots to bring up the stat screen causes a CTD.

and the Castles not being Palaces thingy is also on the strat map.
    Last edited by Diggiz the Hun; 01-23-2022 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggiz the Hun View Post
    The faction in question is Assyria as clicking for both light and heavy chariot types as any other faction gives me the stat screen for the chariots whether its Mycenae or the Hittites, whereas playing Assyria and clicking the chariots to bring up the stat screen causes a CTD.

and the Castles not being Palaces thingy is also on the strat map.
    That almost sounds like something might be missing from the install, unless it is a Steam or Win10 quirk. Might be worth doing a fresh install and carrying your save game over to the new one see if it still persists (make sure to delete the files recommended in this thread).

Alternatively, you could try v2.6

It's so long since I've actively worked on this my memory's a bit vague about what you have. I'll try a new install here and check all is as I remember.

If I understand correctly, it's the castles you see ON the map, and not the review panel graphics. I don't see how that can happen, as the old ones should have been overwritten by the ones I borrowed from HTW. So, as I said, I'll try it out here and see what I can see, and get back later....

Discussion forum thread

When I click on the link for 2.6 it says that I need access, ancient empires did this as well but I seem to have gotten that file, on following the instructions to install 2.53 I still have the issue with the stratmap not showing palaces.
    Last edited by Diggiz the Hun; 01-25-2022 at 06:27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast