Thread: EB CTD

WotD 2D graphic Dude Member Gebeleisis's Avatar

Default EB CTD

Well first i had a ctd only in my capmaign,now i have at the whole game

when i try to start anything,a battle a campaign load a save it ctd's :(

i took the mini bug fixes but no help

pls help

Default Re: EB CTD

Try to restart your computer. Also, have you done anything to your computer lately? Installed Nero? Installed any other software? Installed any new hardware or driver?

See the validation thread for various solutions that have helped people.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

checked,installed nero but before i installed EB ,worked until now dough

did try to restart

Try to uninstall Nero and see if it makes any difference. Also, the validation tool could give some clue as to what has changed within EB or the vanilla files.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

ok thx,ill check and post again the results :)

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

So, what is the problem with Nero? I have Nero on my computer and have never experienced any problems, should I expect some?

I also have a very old version of Nero, which causes no problems. I don't know why some version of it does, but it does . Several people have reported that EB works again after uninstalling Nero.

================
    ================

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Hope is growing within the Subedei....Nero? CTD? Both true for my EB setting, well at least the CTD and I was not aware of that relation. Who found the connection?

Plus I ain´t using NERO anyways.

Maybe this will mean my reintroduction to the EB world....all the new staff I only read about in the forums...We will see....
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Can't really remember who, but someone remembered his brother having installed Nero since he last played EB, and lo and behold it worked when he uninstalled it again. There are lots of accumulated tips to get EB working in the validation sticky.

================
    ================

ok i uninstaled nero it loaded ok but when i end the turn it crashes
    i ran the validation test and here are the results

You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.
    ==========
    Changed file: .\data\credits.txt (expected checksum 632aad51f3a61c5da34140e4fa28800b, got b0a7954002857cc32e253a5e08b5c194)
    Changed file: .\data\fmv\atvi_spinning_logo_640x480.wmv (expected checksum 7e15895ba7a723535f55e4deb91c085b, got e9ac1729af2fdeffe8365a567cd76b23)
    Changed file: .\data\menu\splash.tga (expected checksum a57cc84af0e6c1300577336f17e0bfd6, got d1329cf835f69e6dff4b4cc0cb08d144)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\descr_settlement_plan.txt (expected checksum 8ebe86aa4ff3fd9f1ad00030761f7654, got 8c907e015089803911cb4c0a51b5202a)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\export_descr_character_traits.txt (expected checksum c4c0d6f516b49718cec1c2e0f4206dcf, got 89e5df7332237cb4150affdd13565eba)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\scripts\show_me\ebbs_script.txt (expected checksum 7342dcf67402359a8bea614891e7bb97, got 48cf89a4859a01c5c1e9472e92938b9b)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\world\maps\base\descr_disasters.txt (expected checksum 3203da3f6f50de1e18b879f1a90c0e61, got 4faaf2149ff2cfeaab29bee6c96d01e4)
    Added file: .\custom\previous battle.cbt
    Added file: .\eb\replays\replaywhee.rpy
    Added file: .\export_descr_character_traits.txt
    Added file: .\gamespy arcade.url
    Added file: .\icon.ico
    Added file: .\logfiles\online_mp_12-01-08_1346.txt
    Added file: .\logfiles\online_mp_12-01-08_1416.txt
    Added file: .\logfiles\online_mp_12-01-08_1449.txt
    Added file: .\logfiles\online_mp_12-01-08_1521.txt
    Added file: .\logfiles\online_mp_14-01-08_1653.txt
    Added file: .\logfiles\online_mp_19-01-08_1406.txt
    Added file: .\presets\previous\previous_0.pst
    Added file: .\presets\previous\previous_1.pst
    Added file: .\presets\previous\previous_2.pst
    Added file: .\presets\previous\previous_3.pst
    Added file: .\tgas\0000.tga
    Added file: .\tgas\0001.tga
    Added file: .\tgas\0002.tga
    Added file: .\tgas\0003.tga
    Added file: .\thumbs.db

ok i didnt mod the game my own so,a solution maybe ?

Not really... Those changes listed are caused by:
    *Using RTW Gold
    *Installed Oasis temp fix
    *Installed permanent fixes
    *Playing multiplayer (and saving some preset armies)
    *Taking some screenshots

None of them are supposed to cause any problems. This end-of-turn crash, is it a specific game or when you run any campaign?

================
    ================

when i run any campaign

well i did play multiplayer but i didnt save armys ( multiplayer vanilla no?)
    i dont have RTW Gold
    i took screenies ( shall i delete them o0?)

"*Installed Oasis temp fix
    *Installed permanent fixes"

excuse me can you repeat that o0?

thx for your time bovi and i hope you can solve this one for me :)

excuse me can you repeat that o0?
    Changed file: .\eb\data\descr_settlement_plan.txt (expected checksum 8ebe86aa4ff3fd9f1ad00030761f7654, got 8c907e015089803911cb4c0a51b5202a)
    This is due to the Oasis temp fix that you have installed.

Changed file: .\eb\data\export_descr_character_traits.txt (expected checksum c4c0d6f516b49718cec1c2e0f4206dcf, got 89e5df7332237cb4150affdd13565eba)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\scripts\show_me\ebbs_script.txt (expected checksum 7342dcf67402359a8bea614891e7bb97, got 48cf89a4859a01c5c1e9472e92938b9b)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\world\maps\base\descr_disasters.txt (expected checksum 3203da3f6f50de1e18b879f1a90c0e61, got 4faaf2149ff2cfeaab29bee6c96d01e4)
    These are due to the permanent fixes that you have installed.

In general: No, your changed files should not cause the problem. Something else "must" be amiss. I don't know what that might be though. Possibly something similar as what Stone and Blood is struggling with. Which of the solutions in the validation sticky have you tried so far?

================
    ================

all of then i guess (that were included as a CTD solving problem)

Please be a bit more detailed. I've crossed out the ones I see that you've definitely tried.

_ Using a nocd crack? Your game won't work, use the original executable instead. There is no point in trying the rest of the list until you install a fresh, clean 1.5 RTW.
    _ Install RTW and EB once again, from scratch
    _ Install using 7-zip rather than installer
    _ Download a map.rwm file and place it in eb/data/world/maps/base (requires both the disaster and Oppida permanent fixes)
    _ Add -nm to the shortcut. This disables movies. Using an NVidia 8xxx graphics card? No movies for you, you will probably HAVE to add this switch.
    _ Delete some interfering files that Vista hides in its bowels
    _ For Vista users, install RTW and EB in a folder outside of "program files". This means changing the default location! You can also try to simply move the RTW installation, but you may be missing some files, so installation is the safest bet.
    X Run the validation tool to diagnose the problem
    X Install the fixes linked in my sig
    _ Add more swap space in Windows, and other technical measures you can take
    _ Using RTW Gold? Try to uninstall everything and do not install BI
    _ Got an ATI Radeon X700 graphics card? Apparently some setting called "Support DXT textures format" is creating problems. Try to change this setting for the driver called "Support DXT textures format".
    X Using Nero Burning ROM? Apparently it does something weird to TGA files that causes CTDs when starting EB. At least one forum member got EB to work after uninstalling Nero.
    _ Check that vanilla RTW works. If it doesn't, your problem is not with EB.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Please be a bit more detailed. I've crossed out the ones I see that you've definitely tried.

_ Using a nocd crack? Your game won't work, use the original executable instead. There is no point in trying the rest of the list until you install a fresh, clean 1.5 RTW.
    _ Install RTW and EB once again, from scratch
    _ Install using 7-zip rather than installer
    _ Download a map.rwm file and place it in eb/data/world/maps/base (requires both the disaster and Oppida permanent fixes)
    _ Add -nm to the shortcut. This disables movies. Using an NVidia 8xxx graphics card? No movies for you, you will probably HAVE to add this switch.
    _ Delete some interfering files that Vista hides in its bowels
    _ For Vista users, install RTW and EB in a folder outside of "program files". This means changing the default location! You can also try to simply move the RTW installation, but you may be missing some files, so installation is the safest bet.
    X Run the validation tool to diagnose the problem
    X Install the fixes linked in my sig
    _ Add more swap space in Windows, and other technical measures you can take
    _ Using RTW Gold? Try to uninstall everything and do not install BI
    _ Got an ATI Radeon X700 graphics card? Apparently some setting called "Support DXT textures format" is creating problems. Try to change this setting for the driver called "Support DXT textures format".
    X Using Nero Burning ROM? Apparently it does something weird to TGA files that causes CTDs when starting EB. At least one forum member got EB to work after uninstalling Nero.
    _ Check that vanilla RTW works. If it doesn't, your problem is not with EB.
    its a clean 1.5 - no nocdcrack,it is the original executable
    downloaded the map.rwm
    added -nm to the shortcut
    i dont have vista
    it is not rtw gold ,its plain patched rome :)
    vannila works

i dont know,i started a new campaign as AS,everything went well until a battle.I played it,wont the loaging screen appears to take me back to the campaign map and ka-boom :| ctd again

Hey wait, you said it crashed when starting any campaign. This is new. Those post-battle crashes might be bypassed by the trait nerf temporary fix, did you try that?

================
    ================

i tryed it,it was a simple crash,
    reloaded and it was ok but now my generals dont get traits anymore

i started an as campaign went ok until a battle loading ctd but my getai campaign is dead,i cannot do anything because of ctd's

Yeah, that's what the trait nerf does, halts all trait acquisition . You'd better put back the backup you took.

If it's a specific point in your campaign that consistently crashes, please upload the savegame.

================
    ================

sure! :D

and oh,can you uplaod the file? i placed the original in another part and it seems i lost it
    can i take it with 7zip from the eb instalation?

and i heard after i replace the file,i have to restart my campaign

http://www.uploading.com/files/P3D3QXX0/jjj.sav.html

here is the getai save :)

Thanks for uploading . The easiest way to restore the traits file is to open the installer with 7-zip and extract it.

================
    ================

and will i have to restart my current campaign to regain the original trait file advantage?
    or will my current family members startto gain traits :\?

btw added you to my buddy list xD
    expect a signature for you tommorow :P
    Last edited by Gebeleisis; 01-28-2008 at 22:54.

Well, you won't have any traits from those turns that you've run with the nerfed EDCT, but they'll start gaining traits immediately upon running with the original one, including some initialization like STL/ICE, but some traits that are only gained upon birth/adoption/MOTH won't be right. It shouldn't be enough to require a full restart of the campaign.

================
    ================

phewh.i hope so thx again and if you find out anything with the getai campaign pls tell :D