Thread: Boii-Ligurian(sp?) script

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Boii-Ligurian(sp?) script

i never really understood how this works. as i understand it, as soon as you step foot in that territory a large, powerful stack rises up out of nowhere and attacks you, and even if you defeat it, it comes back in a few turns to attack you again.
    i wanted to know b/c one of the cities i have to take for my getai campaign are cities under that script, and i want to know in advance what kind of planning i will need to take them (multiple full stacks advancing all at once?).....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Smile Re: Boii-Ligurian(sp?) script

I belive it is a 'script' issue - so that the game is long-term 'balanced', it works very well in most cases in Continental Europe, but there is a 'glich' in Asia Minor, where is really made - if I may say - one kind of 'set-back' (where 'one' faction wins in 80% of all cases) and that needs more adjustments
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Default Re: Boii-Ligurian(sp?) script

no, i was asking how it works, and what excatly happens when you besige a city under that script
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Smile Re: Boii-Ligurian(sp?) script

Oh..
    Well, just read the ''Campaign_script.txt'' in Imperial_campaign folder, for Example, this is one part:

...''monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Arretium
    and GarrisonToPopulationRatio > 0.3
    console_command give_trait "Manivs Romanvs" UnitSize 4
    console_command give_trait "Caivs Romanvs" UnitSize 4
    set_counter blib 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor''...

It is a ''console_command'' work, it applies vastly during the game, you can 'script in' armies 'IF' some event happens, through the *script, still, it is all 'hard-coded' for one to explain how the 'command's' work - it is more a question for CA or SEGA
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Lay siege to the capital and pray for the best as one full stack army will attack you, with the city garrison in reinforcements. This way, if you manage to win, the city garrison will be destroyed. Even better, sometimes the reinforcements never make it to the map and the same rule as mentioned is still active, the city garrison will be destroyed. That's how I managed to conquer Mrogbonna as the sweboz.

Army makeup:
    1) A good general with alot of companions + 1 good cavalry unit (dacian noble cavalry)
    2) 10 units of phalanxes
    3) 4 archer units. I would go for dacian horse-archers or dacian noble cavalry
    4) 4 falx units, preferably elite thracians

Tactis:
    Draw a long line of phalanxes, place archers in the middle and put your general at either flank with 2 units of elite thracians (and the other cavalry unit with the two remaining units of elite thracians at the other flank). Note that it's important that your "flankers" (cavalry+thracians) must stand alittle behind the phalanxes so they won't be caught up in the initial enemy charge.

Now, let the enemy attack your phalanx line. Rain some arrows down on them as they approaches but make sure that as many enemy units as possible are in direct contact with your phalanxes. Now, move your flankers around the enemy flank on both sides and charge them from behind. If you chose horse-archers with a good charge bonus for archer units, move them around as well and charge the enemy backs.

Soon, the enemy will rout and if you're lucky, the enemy reinforcements will not reach you and you're victorius. If you're unfortunat, the reinforcements will reach you and you will have to reform the line and repeat the procedure, now with battered and exhausted troops.

Or, if you're not confident enough, prepare heavy reinforcements and a fullstack of your choice, advance within a turn's travel time of the scripted army (it's good to trigger it first with some random sacrificial unit) and let it attack you. Fight a defensive battle with terrain advantage if possible, then immediately besiege the enemy city, while your reinforcements come up. Storm it on the next turn or the turn after. After about 2 turns or 3, a new army, exactly the same as the silver-chevron one you destroyed before the siege, will respawn and attack you so you must take the city regardless of losses to survive.

Alternatively, just ram two fullstacks down the province's throat. One just storms and garrisons, the other absorbs the scripted army.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

thanks for the replies- i think i know what to do: prepare two field armies, which will always sty together- trigger the enemy field army while at the same time bring up a very strong army to besiege the town, in the same turn, defeat the field army and the garrison in the same turn.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 01-23-2008 at 16:33.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

ignore
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

hum... so it takes 2 turns for the army to respawn????????