Thread: Help needed re-Popularis trait

Default Help needed re-Popularis trait

Am I right in assuming the popularis trait required in triggering Marian reforms can only be gained by a Plebian FM.

The only guy I had who was sharp etc. just died in an earthquake in Cantabria along with 90% of his legion

In fact I currently have no pleb FM's at the moment
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!

Default Re: Help needed re-Popularis trait

Plebs have a lot easier to get it, but not exclusively. Build temples to Ceres and eventually you'll get a couple with popularis.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Why Ceres?
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

I'm no expert, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that some popularis leaders were popular with the masses due to increasing the cheap grain dole/ in Publius Clodius' case giving a free grain dole. Ceres was the goddess of Fertility, right?
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1959
    Am I right in assuming the popularis trait required in triggering Marian reforms can only be gained by a Plebian FM.

The only guy I had who was sharp etc. just died in an earthquake in Cantabria along with 90% of his legion

In fact I currently have no pleb FM's at the moment
    Oh man, that's harsh.

Closest I've got so far was one FM with everything except Poularis. He even had Imperator, Devotio Iberica, and Expert Infantry Commander (if I've got that trait name right). Had him building temples of Ceres while waiting to become a Consul to get the Popularis trait. Only problem was he became deceased in the same year (turn after) becoming a Consul. The turn before he'd just gained a Priest of Ceres (IIRC that also helps in becoming Popularis?).

Meanwhile in Mytilene, my only other FM candidate (a Popularis with everything except +2 Command and Consul/ex-Consul) for "Marius" gets the Glory Hunter trait effectively giving him -2 Command. In the same turn as the above died.

Ah well, just have to do it the easy way and get the 90 regions then.

But on the bright side, one of my FM's managed to get a Triumphus and is now the Governor of Rome.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.

Get Bovi's disaster fix in tech help & bug reporting section. No more earthquakes with 90% lethality.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers

Quote Originally Posted by TWFanatic
    Why Ceres?
    I think Ceres was condsidered to be the godness of the Plebeians in general. The temple of Ceres in Rome held the offices of the Plebian Aediles.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

TWFanatic, I don't mind the disasters it's all part of the fun of EB

And next Romanii campaign that temple of Jupiter becomes one to Ceres, currently it's Mars but I believe the morale bonus doesn't work as it should.

Thanks for the replies guys
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!

Oh there are still disasters, they just change from, "apocalyptic to catastrophic" as I heard Bovi put it.

Which translates to "not 100% dead, but 90% dead".

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking