Thread: CTD On Vista64bit

Default CTD On Vista64bit

I just got EB, and I installed a new R:TW then patched 1.3 and 1.5, but whenever I attempt to load EB, It crashes to desktop with no error message.

Im using vista 64bit with UAC off, and im set to admin. Have double and triple checked install path was correct for patch. Have reinstalled EB too but this is still happening....

Went to event monitor and get following message everytime i load EB

"A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Rome: Total War)"

and also get

"The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application"

Any help will be greatly appreicated

Default Re: CTD On Vista64bit

Check the installation validation sticky.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

How does this tool work? I've extracted the zip into the Rome-Total War directory, I've run the Validate Install program and then tells me that there isn't any file called ebValidationResults, and then asks me if I wish to create one?

I have Java installed :(

Just says validation complete to create validation file press any key

By any chance, have you installed the whole lot in a Program Files (sub)folder?

EDIT: And, just a hunch, you do not happen to run any widgets in the meantime ?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 01-25-2008 at 08:54.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Please install RTW and EB outside of the program files folder. Should fix things.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking