Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

  1. #1
    Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    This has probably already been brought up a few times, but how will they be implemented? I'm talking about things such as Greater Daemons of Chaos and the Hydra and Black dragons of the Dark Elves.

    Sorry if this is all explained elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

    Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    Flying things are not really possible from what I understand. Hydra's would be difficult as they would require a completely new skeleton.

    Greater Deamons would just be like a Giant with a different skin.

  3. #3
    Member Member Taranaich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The bleak moors of Scotland
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    I've always wondered if it would be possible for creatures to be used as rams. I know some RTW mods have enabled elephants to headbutt wooden doors and walls down, that would be an ideal ability for big brutes like Trolls, Kroxigors, Rat Ogres and the like.

    Maybe even larger monsters like Giants, Stegadons, and Greater Daemons could break down stone walls, but I'm not sure if the engine allows melee attacks against stone walls. Would be awesome having a Stegadon crashing through a castle wall.

    "Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    I've always wondered if it would be possible for creatures to be used as rams. I know some RTW mods have enabled elephants to headbutt wooden doors and walls down, that would be an ideal ability for big brutes like Trolls, Kroxigors, Rat Ogres and the like.

    Maybe even larger monsters like Giants, Stegadons, and Greater Daemons could break down stone walls, but I'm not sure if the engine allows melee attacks against stone walls. Would be awesome having a Stegadon crashing through a castle wall.
    You got that right! Don't think it's possible though. And I don't think it's a mod to enable elephants to break down a gate, I think it was in the game originally.

  5. #5

    Question Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    Quote Originally Posted by Underway
    Flying things are not really possible from what I understand.
    There are birds in the battlefield is it possible to use them to create flying units?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman55
    You got that right! Don't think it's possible though. And I don't think it's a mod to enable elephants to break down a gate, I think it was in the game originally.
    It was meant to be that way I think, but IIRC it was bugged in vanilla and didnt worked.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    In RTR they managed to mod it so that elephants could knock down wall (that was a shock the first time I found this out).
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

  8. #8

    Default Re: Creatures, Beasts and other such things

    Quote Originally Posted by uanime5
    In RTR they managed to mod it so that elephants could knock down wall (that was a shock the first time I found this out).
    In RTW vanilla it was also possible to knock down walls with elephants, so it is not a real surprise to see that option with RTR.
    Last edited by fireblade; 04-08-2008 at 17:24.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO