Thread: need help

Default need help

i just started a juilie campain sorry for bad spelling in the first 20 turns there are 2 full stacks of cathage armies led by 5 star genrals
    Proud supporter of EB!

faction_banner_04bak.jpg

This sig is over!

Default Re: need help

OK, i suppose you want help in exterminating them?

1)tell the forum the location
    2)possibly the unit types
    3)the extent of your resources from number of cities to economy

I'm sure we'll all be happty to share our wisdom.

well they have elephonts lots of archers slingers and im dirt poor i have 2 citys under seige let by hannible segesta is under seige by the gauls but some good news i have carthage under seige in italy i got 5 units of town watch and thats it.
    Proud supporter of EB!

faction_banner_04bak.jpg

This sig is over!

OK, from that I suggest you disband unwanted units like a few of those town watch, and recruit velites.
    OK, you have segesta undersiege by the Gauls, what are the forces like/ your garrison?

Arretium/Ariminum under siege by Hannibal?

Is this some kind of a mod?

Where are you sieging carthage in Italy?

Wait, this is a mod isn't it. a united Rome? In this case forget about sieging Carthage, try to relieve a sige then you can use the fdreed up forces to relieve the other town. Forget about segesta. yeah you need vlites for ellies, lots of cav (4/5 units) will work wonders. Just try to wear them down and remember, once you have dealt with the two stacks plus beaten the Gauls back past the river, it will die down.

You have Carthage under siege yet your homelands are being over run? Get those men home as soon as possible!

ok im going to do what u said to do i hope it works thanx
    Proud supporter of EB!

faction_banner_04bak.jpg

This sig is over!

carthage under seige in italy
    I think he means Tarsus or whatever Tarentum used to be. I'm playing SPQR-TW at minute, settlement names tend to change but the general strategy remains

Quote Originally Posted by mrdun
    I think he means Tarsus or whatever Tarentum used to be. I'm playing SPQR-TW at minute, settlement names tend to change but the general strategy remains
    Ah that's probably it, but surely even more reason to get those men back to help break the sieges of his own cities?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdun
    In this case forget about sieging Carthage
    Keep up caravel

ha ha your not a Member Caeser The III's Avatar
    in the middle of nowhere O_o(you can call it Rome)

well, carthage should not be of big threat, their infantry is weak, and the hoplites arnt that good, but BEWARE THE ELEPHANTS!, these beasts will apsolutly(sorry bad spelling) tear your units apart.i suggest sending a about 2 archers,6 hastati,3 calvary, and 2 triarii, they should then crush the carthage armies, good luck!
    old name was:Ilikethisgame5
    if you die on a elevator,make sure to press up

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caeser The III
    well, carthage should not be of big threat, their infantry is weak, and the hoplites arnt that good, but BEWARE THE ELEPHANTS!, these beasts will apsolutly(sorry bad spelling) tear your units apart.i suggest sending a about 2 archers,6 hastati,3 calvary, and 2 triarii, they should then crush the carthage armies, good luck!
    Indeed, good suggestion there. I'm not sure if he can train all those troops though.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

ha ha your not a Member Caeser The III's Avatar
    in the middle of nowhere O_o(you can call it Rome)

hastati and calvary yes, but yah no, im just sayin
    old name was:Ilikethisgame5
    if you die on a elevator,make sure to press up

Nomad horse archer Member Barbarian's Avatar

Not sure how much money you have, maybe increase taxes for this moment and hire some mercenaries.

"War is not so much a matter of weapons as of money"
    Thucydides

You should be abl to scrape together 4 units of velites. Priceless

Don't Velites have the same upkeep as Hastati/Principes and more than Equites? Sure they could possibly take out the Elephants but once they're out of the way, how is he going to stand to Carthaginian ranged units, cavalry and infantry?

Besides, I've noticed that the same swarming method that many people use on chariots works on Elephants - once they're stuck, they're essentially finished. So if he were to use that with his infantry as well as a couple of javelin tosses, he should be OK.

I know you said to train Equites earlier, but even so, I think he'll need some infantry as Equites alone will be outclassed by Carthaginian cavalry.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Punicus; 01-29-2008 at 02:59.
    "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus
    and proud.

General of Carthage Member Hannibalbarc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punicus
    Don't Velites have the same upkeep as Hastati/Principes and less than Equites? Sure they could possibly take out the Elephants but once they're out of the way, how is he going to stand to Carthaginian ranged units, cavalry and infantry?

Besides, I've noticed that the same swarming method that many people use on chariots works on Elephants - once they're stuck, they're essentially finished. So if he were to use that with his infantry as well as a couple of javelin tosses, he should be OK.

I know you said to train Equites earlier, but even so, I think he'll need some infantry as Equites alone will be outclassed by Carthaginian cavalry.

Just my 2 cents.
    Well said.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head- Euripides