Thread: Qtrax

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Qtrax

Qtrax Beta

Qtrax news

Has anyone tried this, heard about it, etc?
    Thoughts?
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Default Re: Qtrax

Pretty much a big fat 'eh.' If you can already find all this stuff for free without ads and iPod compatible, who cares? I guess it gives people who get caught stealing music a legal out (I ripped it from a Qtrax CD!), maybe, but I'm happy with the solution I already have, including buying via iTunes.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

In the bleary light of dawn, it looks as though Qtrax may be vaporware.

When midnight came and went last night without an official launch, it became clear that there were indeed problems. For its part, Qtrax now says that it is in negotiations with all of the labels, but that admission came only after it was discovered that Qtrax had somewhat misrepresented itself.

Late last night the LA Times called around to confirm the deal and found that only Universal would say that it was close to a deal. EMI and Warner denied a deal was in place, and Peter Kafka says that Sony BMG has also denied that there was a deal in place. In short, no labels have signed on yet.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Vaporware? It made vapor and gone?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Downloaded the program. No action yet in the program's Qtrax section.

By the way you download some kind of media player from Qtrax website, named Songbird. Let's see what will come out of this.

Idea is not trash. If not Qtrax, some other solid entrepreneurship will come this way and through this method.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

They're using Songbird? Whaaaaaat? Last I heard, that was still in alpha, not even in beta yet.

The whole Qtrax thing sounds fishier and fishier. Alpha software, no actual deals with any labels ... yeah, I'm gonna bet hard cash with all comers that Duke Nukem Forever is released before Qtrax becomes a viable business.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Revival.

Qtrax seems to be working now to an extent. Anybody would like to try and share the experience ?