Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Pen is Mightier than the Sword?

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Default Le Pen is Mightier than the Sword?

Sorry for the title but for some reason French politics is exciting to me. Probably because it's happening to them and not me:

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...=theworld&col=

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    PARIS - A scion of France’s veteran far-right leader and and Europe’s best known Muslim intellectual wrangled over whether immigrant children should adopt French names and other cures for suburban unrest at a rare left-right clash in Paris on Monday.

Plus the word "scion" reminds me of our resident mod specter.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Le Pen is Mightier than the Sword?

My favorite muslim brotherhood associate who pretends to be liberal got invited again huh, glad we aren't the only country hanging onto every-word-he-says, craving for his attention.

I give you gold and you give me Fragony?!

Just kidding man.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Bah, how anyone could take a fascist like Le Pen seriously is beyond me.

Let such people gain control of a few nations, and the world's demand for mustard gas will skyrocket...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

They don't, they do however take Tariq Ramadan seriously, he's the posterboy of the intelelctual elite but he isn't quite the liberal muslim he pretends to be. He is known to have contacts with the muslim brotherhood and some other very shady characters. They should pit him against Hans Janssen, now that I would like to see.

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    Bah, how anyone could take a fascist like Le Pen seriously is beyond me.

Let such people gain control of a few nations, and the world's demand for mustard gas will skyrocket...
    Nah If they had defeated their enemies we would be reading about the monstrus Churchill and the Devil Rousvelt...combined with Armagedon Stalin...History is written by the victors...its aint anything new...

PS
    Check this out:
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Le Pen is Mightier than the Sword?

Just to be clear: this Le Pen is Marine Le Pen, daughter of Jean-Marie, 'the' Le Pen. She is the future heir to both his political party and the family's single brain cell.

They have little to add to any serious debate. And have become marginalised anyway because Sarkozy was the first respectable politician who finally dared to talk about an immigration policy that takes French interests into account because of the staunch and ever relevant resistance of the left to anti-immigrational fascist tendencies in French politics.

Intellectual debate in the Front National is limited to such stimulating questions as whether the FN should remain a party rooted in France's creepy anti-semitic underbelly or whether the FN should seek an alliance with French Jewry against the common foe of the Muslims. *sigh*

I don't know much about Ramadan. From what I gather, he sounds about as useless as the FN.

Ramadan, Le Pen and their respective supporters in a single room. What an opportunity they missed to bar the doors, throw away the keys and let the rest of the world move on.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Le Pen is Mightier than the Sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Just to be clear: this Le Pen is Marine Le Pen, daughter of Jean-Marie, 'the' Le Pen. She is the future heir to both his political party and the family's single brain cell.

They have little to add to any serious debate. And have become marginalised anyway because Sarkozy was the first respectable politician who finally dared to talk about an immigration policy that takes French interests into account because of the staunch and ever relevant resistance of the left to anti-immigrational fascist tendencies in French politics.

Intellectual debate in the Front National is limited to such stimulating questions as whether the FN should remain a party rooted in France's creepy anti-semitic underbelly or whether the FN should seek an alliance with French Jewry against the common foe of the Muslims. *sigh*

I don't know much about Ramadan. From what I gather, he sounds about as useless as the FN.

Ramadan, Le Pen and their respective supporters in a single room. What an opportunity they missed to bar the doors, throw away the keys and let the rest of the world move on.
    Its so funny how the Muslims were and still are Nazis best friends...and still skinheads and neonazis hate and love them at the same time...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Nice website Frag , I was wondering about some of the glaring innaccuracies on the page , but hey a quick link to where they gather their "facts" from explains a lot of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman
    Nice website Frag , I was wondering about some of the glaring innaccuracies on the page , but hey a quick link to where they gather their "facts" from explains a lot of it .
    Random website, google. There is plenty about this Tariq Ramadan if you happen to be interested, he is no good. Why don't you be an inquisitive boy and look for some facts starting with him being the grandson of the founder of the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, you know about thse guys no?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    Random website, google. There is plenty about this Tariq Ramadan if you happen to be interested, he is no good. Why don't you be an inquisitive boy and look for some facts starting with him being the grandson of the founder of the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, you know about thse guys no?
    I'm the grandson of the former leader of the Christian People's party.

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    I'm the grandson of the former leader of the Christian People's party.
    Just google him and see what the 'intellectual' elite is holding onto their chest. Idiots.

look for some facts starting with him being the grandson of the founder of the muslim brotherhood in Egypt,
    Wow thats absolutely stunningly amazing , such an eye opening revelation...so what ?

Just google him and see what the 'intellectual' elite is holding onto their chest.
    Well if they was really holding it close to their chests then a google wouldn't turn up anything would it .

Though you do puzzle me Frag with the old "intellectual elite" line .
    Are you going for the crazy stalinist version of it or the crazy NSDAP version .
    Funny isn't it , its a phrase the crazies use , are you one of the crazies by any chance ?
    If its not the Muslims its the intellectuals They are all out to get ya Frag

It is what it is, I am right you are wrong simple as that. Now if only it would be that simple.

It is what it is, I am right you are wrong simple as that.
    Yes I suppose you are right , if viewed it from the perspective of a paranoid extreme xenophobe you are definately right .
    Actually come to think of it that wouldn't make you correct would it , it would just make you a paranoid extremist .
    Oh well , simple as that

Only an extremist would consider me an extremist

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Is this a new episode of "Tribesy and Frag Go Large" or a repeat? I've watched them so often, I lose track.

(In other words, please get back on topic).
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

That first site was seriously weak, Frag...

Obsessed right-wing fanatics are hardly a credible source.

Fanaticaly against fanatics, that would make them extremily moderate.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Le Pen is Mightier than the Sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir
    Sorry for the title but for some reason French politics is exciting to me. Probably because it's happening to them and not me.
    French politics is very exciting indeed. French political debate is too. And I am flattered by your interest. But there's just something about the current subject that always brings out the fanatics from the left and the right. They stifle the debate with their shouting, their mutual insults, their tedious repetition of old moves. Normal people leave, with a severe headache, tired of this same teh old all the time.

'Adopting French names, proper French language and French customs'. What is that - the pinnacle of an enlightenment society reaching out and accepting people from everywhere into its midst? Or the pinnacle of fascism, of a society so unaccepting of difference that it demands absolute assimilation? That is a great debate, and it shouldn't be left to the extremists from either side. But I can't be bothered to go into the fray - see the bit above and my quote below.

Ramadan, Le Pen and their respective supporters in a single room. What an opportunity they missed to lock the doors, throw away the keys and let the rest of the world move on.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

That and French book reviews

Never read the book but speak on it with such 'authority' and great articulation that people agree with you.

Or something to that effect.

Down with dried flowers!

Don't know about France but north african kids get an instant double passport here and parents aren't allowed to pick a dutch name.

That first site was seriously weak, Frag...
    Which one ?
    Is it the one that is banned in lots of places because it is classed as a racist hate site or is it the one that is described as xenophobic zionism with elements of Macarthyism , founded by someone who is described as being so determined to spout propoganda that he has lost all objectivity.

Don't know about France but north african kids get an instant double passport here and parents aren't allowed to pick a dutch name.
    Such utter drivel
    Last edited by Tribesman; 01-30-2008 at 19:33.

Making things up again Tribes? Now in Brittain it wouldn't surprise me, they made 'anti islamic activity' a criminal offence after all, but let's completily forget about the uk for now and from now on, but what the? No?

Making things up again Tribes?
    No but you obviously are . I shall get back to that after this..... then again I don't have to get back to it since your next bit
    Now in Brittain it wouldn't surprise me, they made 'anti islamic activity' a criminal offence after all,
    Is also made up .
    Just for your information it was that bastion of liberalism elite intellectuals the US government who classed it as a racist hate site .

But hey lets continue with more of your made up nonsense....
    you don't even know the laws of your own country , laws which you want to moan about , but laws which you have to invent .

A little lesson for ya Frag .
    It is quite a simple lesson , see if you can follow it

If you have to make up lies to support your point then your point has very little or no validity .
    If to get information that supports your views you have to refer to lunatic fringe websites then it is a pretty safe bet that your view is of the lunatic flavour .

You two just need to have sex and get on with it.

Down with dried flowers!

AdrianII, enter please, the Tribes just won't eat what I feed him maybe he needs a hand he knows.

Come to think of it, why aren't ya with me so much silence from the dutch you know what I know.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

This wiki article on Dutch citizenship seems to support

...north african kids get an instant double passport here...
    But I can't find anything reputable about

...parents aren't allowed to pick a dutch name.
    I reiterate Banquo's Ghost's warning to stay on topic and refrain from ad hominems.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast