Thread: Crusades guide now available!

Default Crusades guide now available!

Just a heads up for those who don't check the guides forum. My Crusades guide is available for download.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Member Member Uunts - a proud Estonian rebel's Avatar

Default Re: Crusades guide now available!

Actually, I have already finished Kingdoms other 3 campains. For playing the crusades campaign, I started to wait the Frogbeasteggs manual. I cant explain, but its kind of more interesting to play when you have already studied other players tips, even if I always play my way. It was also so with Britain manual. I was already tired of this campaign, but when I read the manual it kind of gave me a new inspiration.
    Actually, the same feeling I have always, when I have watched a warmovie with pikes, swords, bows etc. It doesnt matter is it Braveheart or a low rate battle movie. Always after it I start playing Total war. I guess it has been so with most people here in the community. Ok, now I`m getting too melanholic.
    What I wanted to say is that a big thanks to those manuals!
    For those playing Antioch I`d give you a tip. First step is to concentrate all your forces to the western Turkey, not the rebel cities. 2-3 is ok, but a quick and a surprising full assault to the only western faction is the key to victory. After defeating the Turks and their hero Nur ad Din(in Mosul or Baghdad), the western rebel cities are all for yours to take. Wiping the western Turks out in the beginning isnt going to be an easy task, but it can be done and at least with a challenge. I have already done so, now the riches of the far east are only mine for the taking.. =) And I`m always playing with very hard.
    It is all about swift killing..

Glad my efforts are useful.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Just to let you know that I value all of your work. Every guide for all of the games have been printed out, three hole punched and lovingly put in a binder. I can then take them to work or wherever and read them at my leisure. Many thanks for your great effort!!!

Terry

I don't like to think how many pages there are in that folder

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Moderator... Crusades Guide writer... M2TW player... female?

Note to self: Must never let anyone know I have an insta-crush on anyone fitting this description. Wait, did I say that out loud, or did I just think it? Shut up shut up shut up. Maybe no one will notice.

In all seriousness I read the guide, and although I don't currently have Kingdoms I think I may eventually get it. These guides are good publicity and a great way to sneak preview the game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Total War Casual (don't ask ;) Member Shadebeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by askthepizzaguy
    Moderator... Crusades Guide writer... M2TW player... female?

Note to self: Must never let anyone know I have an insta-crush on anyone fitting this description. Wait, did I say that out loud, or did I just think it? Shut up shut up shut up. Maybe no one will notice.

In all seriousness I read the guide, and although I don't currently have Kingdoms I think I may eventually get it. These guides are good publicity and a great way to sneak preview the game.
    You're not alone, my friend...
    Shadebeard - Playing Total War Casually Since February MMVII!
    "Don't turn your back on paradise..."

I have three separate white 3 ring binders for the three tw games. I had to get the larger width ones. I put a nice cover sheet on the front for the appropriate game and then inside I place my manual and all of the related guides that I get from this site. Thats a lot of ink.... I put the title on the spine.
    I really like doing it this way as I can take these to work (to read on break of course) or other places. I have always been a hard copy man. Froggy's guides are the best of course....

Terry

I was tempted to put them on the floor, take a pic and include it with this note.

I am another long time TW player that has long respected Ms. Frogbeastegg for her outstanding efforts in producing guides that are both very well written and hugely informative.

Thank you for committing so much time and effort to a product that helps so many of the rest of us to better enjoy our purchased games.

Thanks

Wink Re: Crusades guide now available!

Just decided to give MTW2 a spin after a long while and bought Kingdoms. I think I was exchanging email with frogbeastegg with the RTW guide and, as usual, you are still doing a great job. Gave the Crusader manual a quick looksee and here I go. It's been a while but playing 800 - 1000 turns of MTW2 with the 1.0 and 1.1 patch should be enough, heck, I know I'll just hit the right keys from muscle memory when the first battle starts.

edit: except that installing everything makes the world explode and nothing works, oh well...
    Last edited by Ligur; 03-12-2008 at 21:30.

Are all of the new guides now completed? I don't mean to rush you o mighty frog....

Terry

How time flies when there's 600 things you keep meaning to do ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ligur
    heck, I know I'll just hit the right keys from muscle memory when the first battle starts.
    Just make sure you edit the keybinds to your preferred set first. It's a tradition of mine to forget to do so every time I install a TW game. Except that advise is entirely too late now, gah!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    Are all of the new guides now completed?
    The Teutontic guide is complete except for the fact I detest something about it and won't release it as finished. I can't place my finger on what's wrong; each time I read it it screams wrongness to my writer's sense. If that makes sense. Which it won't. This happens sometimes. Editing cures all.

The Americas guide is a mere skeleton of sections and chapters. I haven't as much as loaded the campaign yet! If I try to do more than one at a time I'll drown under the workload.

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Can't wait for the Teutonic guide. Thanks.

HI all, FBE I've read your guide on Crusade...but you didn't say anything about the venetians attacking constantinople...they too spwan multiple stacks of units that attack in 2 turns time or something like that and they land near Constantinople so it's bad for a byzantium player...they spwan after the 4th crusade launched-Crusaders sack Zara<---get excommunicated and like in 5 turns they land near constantinople with 3 to 4 full stacks ...i was lucky got only 3

Needless to say good work on the guide, it was a fun read.
    My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate...my deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure.

They're in the Byzantine specific section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusades guide
    The only pitfall Byzantium needs to be aware of in the early game is a historically triggered event which dumps some Venetian crusaders near Constantinople. If you have read your history you will know that these Crusaders are here to make a mess. The exact turn they appear on is in appendix 1 for those who wish to know in advance. Keep a strong army on hand to utterly destroy these stacks; they will sometimes hire mercenaries to replenish losses, and they are more than capable of causing heavy damage to your heartlands if you don’t act.

O the shame of it all...sry i mostly skiped that part as i have finished the game with the byzantins(didn't see the need )...only the turks remain now....again a thousand apologizes...may i be pardoned
    My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate...my deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure.

Quote: The Teutontic guide is complete except for the fact I detest something about it and won't release it as finished. I can't place my finger on what's wrong; each time I read it it screams wrongness to my writer's sense. If that makes sense. Which it won't. This happens sometimes. Editing cures all.

The Americas guide is a mere skeleton of sections and chapters. I haven't as much as loaded the campaign yet! If I try to do more than one at a time I'll drown under the workload.

We'll take what crumbs you have to give oh mighty frog!

Terry

The release of the patch means I need to check the content is still correct. Playing an entire campaign takes time, and it's taking longer still thanks to the hours I've had to work for the last few weeks. I do my best work when I can sit and write for a minimum of 3 hours uninterrupted

Oh.... I thought all you did was play these games for a living...