Thread: Modification of influence - Few questions

Senior Member Senior Member Jxrc's Avatar

Default Modification of influence - Few questions

Is there some kind of a chart indicating what gain/loss of influence is triggered by an event ?

I am well aware that loosing battles or provinces, failed crusades/jihads and having your agent assassinated trigger loss of influence but I have never known exactly of how much.

IS it also possible that some AI factions have some kind of almost fixed influence ? Byz emperors seems always to have at least eight in my games even when they are left with just a few provinces (Byz emperor proudly sitting in Cyprus - his single provinces - with max influence is something I have seen a quite few times)

Last question how much influence does the new king gets compared to his immediate predecessor ? When my king dies seems as if some kind of random deduction takes places (between 0 and 3). Don't know if it is correct though (or linked with the stats of the new king).

Default Re: Modification of influence - Few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jxrc
    IS it also possible that some AI factions have some kind of almost fixed influence ? Byz emperors seems always to have at least eight in my games even when they are left with just a few provinces (Byz emperor proudly sitting in Cyprus - his single provinces - with max influence is something I have seen a quite few times)
    The Byzantine are unique in that they are harcoded to start the game with a faction leader of 6 influence whereas all other factions get the default 4. My memory on this suject is fading now, but I think their faction leader also gets either a 1 or 2 start command bonus - also hardcoded.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

All I can recall is that losing or gaining two provinces = -/+1 influence, and breaking an alliance = -1 influence. I think failed crusades lose you 2 points. The agents thing I'm not sure of, but that's just because I haven't really watched it closely...

I think the change of influence with a new King does depend on his stats, but the precise relationship I'm not sure of. And, yeah, the Byz are fixed, well he IS the Byzantine Emperor after all
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Ancient TW2: Eastern Empires is under development again

Featuring: Rise of Persia, Alexander's Conquests, Wars of the Diadochi

Is there not also a bonus of some sort for helping an ally by lifting a seige on your ally's castle?
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue
    Is there not also a bonus of some sort for helping an ally by lifting a seige on your ally's castle?
    Yep ,true enough I am sure that I have read something about that (though I don't know how big the gain is).

One last thing In remember is that the "wrap-around" bug has some impact in this field as well. Sent a successfyl crusades to Palestine, had and influence of nine before and of three after ... (after that things got real weird since my ruler's influence varied each turn without any apparent reason, on turn it was three, the next six and the next 4 etc until my king died of old age ...)

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

I'd forgotten the siege one - +1 for saving an ally's ass

(after that things got real weird since my ruler's influence varied each turn without any apparent reason, on turn it was three, the next six and the next 4 etc until my king died of old age ...)
    he was just getting senile and forgetting how powerful he was
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Ancient TW2: Eastern Empires is under development again

Featuring: Rise of Persia, Alexander's Conquests, Wars of the Diadochi

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus
    he was just getting senile and forgetting how powerful he was
    Perhaps but I thought influence reflected how great the other factions think that you are ... Maybe the other rulers had their yearly convention and thought "let's mess with that crusading idiot's mind"