Thread: Faction symbols

Default Faction symbols

I hope this is the right place to post this.

In a lot of AARs I see that many players have colored, vibrant faction symbols, contrary to the rather antique looking default ones. Where might I find these graphics?

Default Re: Faction symbols

I dunno if i understand you correctly, but i think each culture has it's own look of other factions symbols.
    When in campaign with Carthage you seem them all antique and brown, while rome has very clear coloured ones
    Last edited by anubis88; 01-30-2008 at 21:44.
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

We put "filters" of various types on all of the smaller icons when you see them inside a culture's interface, but the main ones that appear when you are loading campaigns and at the start campaign menu are the original ones, without any fabric/stone/fresco/mosaic/wood filters on them.

That's what I mean, people seem to have the main, non filtered faction icon present throughout their entire game.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=92870

The screenshots in that thread show what I mean. Sorry I didn't explain it well.

They are all in the game - you'll have to do the editing yourself if you want to see the base ones in a Roman or Baktrian or Aedui or Carthaginian campaign though. They are .tga files found in the various /data/ui/"culture"/interface/ folders

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by underthesun
    That's what I mean, people seem to have the main, non filtered faction icon present throughout their entire game.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=92870

The screenshots in that thread show what I mean. Sorry I didn't explain it well.
    I think that is the western greek filter that make them looking almost as the default one

Oh, it's part of the unique interface? I see, I understand now. Okay, thanks guys.