Thread: RTW portriats for M2tw

Default RTW portriats for M2tw

Hello everyone. I have read up on a few posts that you can change, edit, and delete character portriats in the total war series. This isnt my first post about this but each time I try to add the portraits from Rome total war to mideval 2 total war, the portrait never shows up like its supposed to. So far, I have extracted the ui_0. and found the portriats I want to add to add. I also found the mtw2 character portriats by using gimp 2. I replaced one of the character portraits from m2tw with one of the portriats from rtw (including the old young and dead portraits on both eastern and southern sides.) but for some reason, the portrait doesn't show up at all and when I tried to play the game in a battle, the game ctd (crashed to desktop). I'm not a great game modder and all I can really do is edit the desc_start file, so if you don't mind, could you make it easy to under stand. Thanks!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: RTW portriats for M2tw

Make sure that:

They have the same dimensions
    The same naming convention (i.e. rename the RTW ones to suit the M2TW ones)
    You are placing them in the right folder
    Your switch is working

I'm not sure what the maximum is the M2TW reads, but I think its 099. So you may need to get rid of the M2TW ones in favor of RTW
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Ok, I have done all the things you have said but the portraits still don't show up. Would it be because I'm using a program called 7zfm to open up the m2tw files and not unpacking it?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Don't know of that program. You can unpack certain files only though.

Can you give some screenshots of your portraits folders? I think you may have named the folder incorrectly.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)