Thread: War Banners

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking War Banners

Ok, this one is a little more urgent.

I have searched high and low for examples of Korean war flags/banners/pennants that may have been the style used in the 3 kingdoms period of Korean history. Any good or mediocre examples of these would be much appreciated. Specificly i need to know whether they may have had standard bearers in the chinese fashion or whether they wore their standards on there backs like the japanese samurai.

TY in advance.
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: War Banners

Truly? Have i found it? Have i truly discovered the legendary gap in the monastary's knowledge? amazing
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: War Banners

Well the period isn't exactly well known, nevermind concerning Korea. However the Japanese sashimono was a comparatively late developement (afaik post-Yuan), and born directly from the rather idiosyncratic idea of warrior glory the bushi (who only started becoming prominent in the 9th-10th centuries AD) adhered to, so it would be unlikely in the extreme for the Koreans to be using that approach. Given that they tended to be rather heavily influenced by their Chinese neighbours in many things, odds are much better they were using a roughly similar approach to military standards.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster