Thread: Roman Campaign (upload 1 plz)

Default Roman Campaign (upload 1 plz)

I installed BI, now I cant play my Roman campaign!!! ALL those battles for nothing... anyone wanna spare their campaign??

My Rome looked like the way it did when Rome had all eastern aisa minor.

Any campaign will due!! (desribe how the empire is plz!) thank you!

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Roman Campaign (upload 1 plz)

Huh ? It shouldn't matter which .exe you use to run the game you know.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Huh ? It shouldn't matter which .exe you use to run the game you know.
    No really I cant play my roman campaign, it just loads fast then returns to the main menu.

Upload anyone?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Hmm, I always play under BI from the start so I'm not sure...
    Did you do the things like making a copy of the "imperial_campaign" folder in EB\Data\world\maps\campaign and renaming it into "barbarian_invasion" ? And whatwastheotherthing... copying "imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" in EB\Data\text and renaming it "barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" ? IIRC you could get issues if you didn't do those bits.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Hmm, I always play under BI from the start so I'm not sure...
    Did you do the things like making a copy of the "imperial_campaign" folder in EB\Data\world\maps\campaign and renaming it into "barbarian_invasion" ? And whatwastheotherthing... copying "imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" in EB\Data\text and renaming it "barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" ? IIRC you could get issues if you didn't do those bits.
    No no, I didnt play EB with BI, BI is still vanilla, separate but under RTW. I can still play campaigns, just not my hard worked roman campaign...

*bump

I'll upload one... I just have to go learn how... I'll edit this post with the campaign and its description...

Alright, hope this works: http://uploaded.to/?id=7uiu0r

The campaign is EB 1.0 BI exe. no mods (except for the fixes installed) Romani. It is late 212 BC (winter I think). I hold all of Italy, Sicily, Corsica and Sardinia, Illyria & Dalmatia (two provinces are client kingdoms), Sparta and Korinthos, Southern Iberia, The Bealearis Isles, Massalia and Tolosa in Gaul, and Atiqua and Kart-Hadast in North Africa.

The Romani are currently at war with the Aedui (no border), Lusotannan (who are actively resisting in Iberia but have been decimated in recent years), Carthage (who have been on and off warring and last year lost Atiqa and Kart-Hadast, and are now making pathetic attempts to regain them), Koinon Hellon (who have three tough-looking but unmoving stacks in Greece)and Makedonia (who recently backstabbed Roma).

The Romani are allied to the Aedui (who I have been sustaining, recently giving them all Gallic settlements bordering mine) and the Ptolemaioi (who are HUGE, nearly the size of Alexander's empire, have troops in Greece, and I expect to backstab me soon).

The Romani have several skilled generals, most notiably Spvrivs Cornelivs Scipio in Iberia, and Pvblivs Cornelivs Cinna in Greece. The major legions are right now 1 which permanently stays in northern Italy, 2 partially decimated legions in spain (stronger one near Saguntum), 1 small but verteran legion in Sparte with Cinna, and 1 full legion in North Africa. There is also a relief legion (full stack) sailing in the only fleet around the Ionian Sea, which I have intented to unite with Cinna and conquer Macedonia.

And watch out for the Sweboz, they have recently taken a province in the Alps, and have invaded Italy once before (which is why i created the northern legion), but they are currently not at war.

If you do choose to play this campaign hope you enjoy it, I kinda overexpanded my other Romani campaign and my empire fell apart , so take it slow, have fun and DO NOT TRUST THE PTOLEMIES!!!
    Last edited by CaesarAugustus; 02-01-2008 at 23:16.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

My actual campaign:

http://www.2shared.com/file/2793186/9eaf9623/Spiel.html

232 BC. Polybian Reform.

Conquered Italy, Sicily, Sardina, Corsica, Gallia Cisalpina, Segestica and Masalia (client state).

Faction leader Caivs Avrelivs Cotta (now in his mid fifties). His clan is by far the strongest in the Senate, due to the momentary weakness of the Cornelii. But younger Optimates are allready pushing foreward.

Cotta is a relict of the Pyrrhic War and so he always dreamed of subdueing Epeiros. Now beeing senior Consul the time has come: He has just landed with his Consular Army in Epeiros while Orestes (just elected junior Consul) is leading the other army from the North into Dalmatia.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

The Romani are allied with the Aedui AND at war with them on the same time?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Ah I'm very sorry CaesarAugustus, I do not have BI extension, my BI is just vanilla. Thank you tho for your upload!

@konny- is that BI extension or just RTW? I need 1 without BI.

Thank you for the upload

It's actually pretty easy to make your EB playable on the BI exe., just follow the instructions in this thread. (you will of course have to copy the BI exe. from your vanilla BI folder into the RTW folder over which you installed EB).

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure that you can switch to BI exe. in the middle of a campaign, so I see no reason why a campaign would not work just on the RTW exe.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son
    @konny- is that BI extension or just RTW? I need 1 without BI.
    That is played with ALX.exe. But that doesn't matter because you should be able to play it with any exe.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

If someone tells me how to do it I have a very nice Romani campaign at the moment.

Difficulty is M/M and date is 180BC. Carthage and Lusotanan are dead, The Empire is about end of real 3rd Punic war, 12 "Legions" available. And currently I'm actually at peace with everyone!
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!

Quote Originally Posted by konny
    That is played with ALX.exe. But that doesn't matter because you should be able to play it with any exe.
    Wouldn't there be problems with "Night Fighter" and such traits?
    (from keravnos, for correctly recognizing the shield design of the Indohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai as a hippocampus)

Quote Originally Posted by SunShadow
    Wouldn't there be problems with "Night Fighter" and such traits?
    Only if you had them included via changed trait file (what I haven't).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1959
    If someone tells me how to do it I have a very nice Romani campaign at the moment.

Difficulty is M/M and date is 180BC. Carthage and Lusotanan are dead, The Empire is about end of real 3rd Punic war, 12 "Legions" available. And currently I'm actually at peace with everyone!
    go to http://www.filefront.com, then do quick upload. Select your RTW directory that has EB installed in it. Open EB, then saves. select your particular save you want. and voila.
    In the words of Marcvs Avrelivs;
    Live each day as if it were your last

Ο ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ ΚΑΤΑ ΤΗΣ ΣΕΛΕΥΚΕΙΑΣ - A Makedonike AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=97530