Thread: The Pope must die

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anime Nerd Member Kenshin the vega bound's Avatar

Default The Pope must die

I am going to play a game as Italy tonight, and I am going straight for the pope. I am going to destroy him. Also I am going to keep on wiping the pope out every time he comes back back. Wish me luck, it should be a load of fun.

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

Default Re: The Pope must die

Okay...I wish you luck. LOTS of luck.

It should be fun for you...(and us! Bwahahahah! Oh, did I just type that in? Oh fudge, how silly of me...mwahah...). Please, keep us informed with status updates and screenshots. :)
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 02-01-2008 at 11:20.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I would've chose the Sicilians, those pesky French and HRE up North will probably declare a crusade on you. Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Heh heh heh. Call my King the Pope Slayer. He has personally killed 3 popes. I am rping a mad king who wants to unite the chrisitan church under his banner, and under his puppet pope. So he attacked the eastern romans, and took Constantinople. He has fought two epic battles. He has encirled a rabble pope army of 1000 troops with 700. He also did the same thing to a far tougher Byzantine army led by a Jedi prince. Currently he is 47, and he has to return to Italy to put down a third papal revolt. My King is a blood thirsty blood lover. He slaughters rebels and enemy soldiers alike.

Also I had a really fun seige against the pope from his second revolt. I lost with only a few minutes to the time out, but it was a exciting battle.

This game has been the most fun I've had with total war for a long time.

I made a thread that relates to this just a few minutes ago....

1133 mid campaign questions thread...

I have to go ahead and call the Pope in my game simply a Puppet as well. He serves the interests of himself and his allies, not Catholicism.

I am awaiting answers to questions to decide where to go from here, but I very well may be going after his throat quite soon here too...

Well the Pope has come back 4 times, and each time I've sent him back into the sea. Each time he comes back with more, and more stacks. He went a whole 35 years without coming back, one time. Perhaps there Catholic horde are starting to think twice about visting itally.

Anyway upgrading rome to a castle has helped a bit, since the pope always loses thosands of troops taking it.