Thread: Kingdoms patch question

Default Kingdoms patch question

Hey all. Does Kingdoms need a patch? Does it use any of the old MTW2 patches? It seems like i'm experiencing some of the same bugs in Kingdoms that I used to see in MTW2 pre-patch. In particular, my cavalry seems to have forgotten how to really persue a fleeing enemy. Instead, they just kinda charge up and then halt when they get really close.

And my infantry doesen't really immerse itself into the enemy ranks like I think it did post-patch.

So:

1: Are there any Kingdoms patches?

2: Do MTW2 patches work for Kingdoms?

3: If so, where do I get them and how do I check to see if they're properly installed in Kingdoms?

Thanks for any help.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Member Member Alexander the Adequate's Avatar
    Tolland, Conneticut, USA, North America, Eath, Sol, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Cluster, The Known Universe

Default Re: Kingdoms patch question

Let's see:

1. No, but a massive update is being worked on for Kingdoms

2. I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can install kingdoms on any version of Medieval II without trouble. This defeats any necessity of installing other Medieval II patches, as Kingdoms will automatically update you game.

3. You can find any patches or updates, as well as many great mods, on the total war website.
    The statement below is false.
    The statement above is true.

(\_/) Add the bunny 2 ur sig
    (o.o) and help him achive
    (>.<) global domination!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Kingdoms patch question

The update for Kingdoms in the works is not massive according to the information available but will fix at best some oversights of kingdoms campaign features that are broken (i.e. the game was unfinished and not properly tested) It will not fix anything for M2TW. Also, there has been no updates on it for several months, meaning that it might not even come out at all.

Thus 1 is there is no patch.
    2 the patches for kingdoms are installed automatically when you got it (1.2 + 1.3)
    3 You can check that Kingdoms is properly installed if it runs on your machine.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)