Thread: Swebos problem

Default Swebos problem

In my current Swebos campaign, the Warband Reform Building has taken up all my building slots. I can still build stuff but it gets buried by all the reform buildings, so I can't see anything anymore. I did instal the Swebos script fix, amongst all the other permanent fixes. Do I need to start a new campaign for the fix to work or what?

On another note, the building browser is incomplete. I want to know what the great shrines have for bonuses. Is there a way I can see these stats?

Thank You in advance fine fellows!

to EB!

Caesar Sa'lad
    "Such open-handedness must have war and plunder to feed it. You will find it harder to persuade a German to plough the land and to await its annual produce with patience than to challenge a foe and earn the prize of wounds. He thinks it spiritless and slack to gain by sweat what he can buy with blood."

Tacitus' - Germania

Default Re: Swebos problem

Sorry, the fix is not retroactive. It will prevent any new markers from being placed though, and in new campaigns it should be correct.

The building browser is screwed and we can't make it right without sacrificing a set of logic that we prefer for building requirements. Check out JMRC's building trees in the documentation folder!

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hello Bovi!

I hope the script fix works! I think it might be futile at this point although, because in a couple of my provinces, I built a building or two and they didn't show up. I'm at year 171 and don't want to start over, if you know what I mean.

I looked at the build tree already but it doesn't have any details pertaining to the specific structures.

As long as I have your attention, I was wondering if I could ask you a question regarding the cost of swebo units? Why are they so expensive? I noticed they don't have javelin throw range in comparison to my Cetic auxiliaries. If you don't mind me asking what is the reason for this?

thanks again,

Caesar Salad
    "Such open-handedness must have war and plunder to feed it. You will find it harder to persuade a German to plough the land and to await its annual produce with patience than to challenge a foe and earn the prize of wounds. He thinks it spiritless and slack to gain by sweat what he can buy with blood."

Tacitus' - Germania

Oh, yeah you're right, you can't see what effects the buildings have in the building trees. Sorry, I don't know any other way to check it out except to remember the amount of money you have, then add_money and process_cq to build them up, destroy and rebuild to how it was originally and set your treasury back where it was.

I do not know much about why a unit gets this and not that stat value.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Salad
    I noticed they don't have javelin throw range in comparison to my Cetic auxiliaries. If you don't mind me asking what is the reason for this?
    Heavy javelins/throwing-spears = short-ish range, high attack.
    Why are they so expensive?
    Big units. Plus the throwing-spears and skill with them adds to the price tag.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Okay, thanks guys.

Tacitus' - Germania

I have another issue. For some reason the Selukids have taken over the role of the rebels. I belive it started happening when I installed the fixes. Or is it a game bug? The Ptelutemoi have wiped out the Selukieds but they are still the rebels. At first I thought they where just trying to help me out because I was allied with them. Eventually, the pirates in the North Sea had disappeared. It was funny when I looked at the crew of one the pirate ships and it was the vanilla peasants. Also, it was nice not having to deal with fighting the rebels all the time. In conclusion I think the Selukids are wrecked because of this bug or weird fix. At least the Ptelmeoi walked all over them.

Tacitus' - Germania

That sounds unique. Is there any weirdness when you start a new campaign too?

================
    ================

I'm sorry if my last post was a tad convoluted. I was in a hurry.

I'm using the RTW exe with all the permanent fixes.

To be more specific, it is just the randomized rebels who are Selukids. Other wise, the Boii, and other scripted rebels, are still their unbeatable rebel selves. Currently, there is a Allied Selukid General in Champaign and another in Burgundy. The Selukid General in Champaign is a Chariot general. If you can believe that. They just sit there doing nothing and this has been going on for a half a century.

To Elaborate, when I first started the campaign, everything seemed status quo. Pirates in the North sea, spontaneous, pointless, rebels popping up out of nowhere, being an annoyance as usual. Then my allied buddies the Selukids appeared in Saxony and Midland France. Believe it or not, but they started attacking the Alp region super tribes with tiny stacks. I found this kind of humorous and continued as normal. I eventually noticed Selukid ships in the North Sea. I found this amusing and hoped they would destroy the pirates that where disrupting my trade. Like I said earlier, I clicked on one of the Selukid ships and noticed pirates inside, in which, where vanilla peasants. Otherwise, the Selukid rebels where of the Casse and Keltic make. At that point and time, I believed a Selukid Diplomat was bribing these units. As I reflect back, I believe that is unlikely, although. Around the time the Selukid Empire was conquered they quit spaming random stacks and attacking my enemies but the exsisting stacks are still there doing nothing. I'm starting to convince myself that the spontaneous rebels where warped into the Selukids, but how and why, I do not know. All I know for sure, is there are no more intermitant rebels comming around.

I wish I would have kept an earlier saved game.

Do you know what might have caused this? Is there a fix that messes with the rebels? Like a pack, for instance?

I will try another campaign soon and report if any weirdness happens. Or if you have any ideas what may have cause this, I'd like to know.

Caesar Salad.
    Last edited by Caesar Salad; 02-07-2008 at 05:31.

Tacitus' - Germania

Sorry, I have no clue at all. Seems to be a weird corruption, like the armies within other armies thing that I've seen reported twice ever.

================
    ================

I started a new Sweboz campaign and everything seems to be fine. The only strange thing I've notices is the Carthaginian bodyguards for the general in Eberunum.

Tacitus' - Germania