Thread: Alliance Battles

Default Alliance Battles

A rare event: A battle with an allied AI faction.

I had this once in RTW with an army of Karthagians supported by Greek allies against the Romans on Sicily, and (as far as I recall) the first time in EB: A stack of Romans plus a stack of Makedonian allies against two stacks of Greeks. The Maks needed nearly for ever to deploy while I was desperatly fighting both Greek armies. But in the end their pikes turned the tide.

Picture shows the final charge of both bodyguards, with Scipio left and the King of Makedonia right.

Did you have battles with allies in EB?

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Default Re: Alliance Battles

In my AAR the Sands of Africa I was allied with the Aeudi and while fighting in Southern Gaul the Aeudi would often lend an army. It was fun making a roman sandwich between Carthage and the Aeudi. A very cool thing indeed!

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Alliance Battles

Yes. I was Carthage, and had a little detachment of Gallic levies as borderguards. They had to help a also very little Aedui detachment that was attacked by a fairly big Arverni army. Needless to say the Arverni wiped us both out. This event started the Carthaginian - Arverni war, and they are very close to extinction by now.

As Rome, with the Luso against Carthage in Iberia. That's all I can recall.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

ya- in my last roamni game, my garrison was called in by a medium sized force to assist them in ataacking a huge Epirote stacck. my garrison was small, so i held the back, and the KH lost.....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

I had an allied battle some days ago: I had already taken Hellas as the Makedonai, wiping away every Epeirote in the region, thus confining them to Taras. I later offered them a ceasefire, trading rights, an alliance and demanded military access. Guess what? They accepted! Anyway, with my funds (2k mnai per year + about 10k mnai for one time) they took Arpi and then just waited. The Romani send one legion with auxullaries which wiped out every scattered Epeirote army and took Taras and one half stack army with mercenaries who besieged Arpi. I send a small mercenary force from Epeiros to aid my allies and whe fought the Romani together. My men perfomed exceptionally well, as did the few in number remaining Epeirotai and their king as well (one of Pyrrhos' sons). We managed to defeat the roman army, but soon later they cornered me, wiped out my forces and defeated the very last settlement of the Epeirotai... It was quite dramatic, but now I'm determined to take revenge!
    ~Maion

Playing the Getai, attacking a town (The one in or around Slovenia) that the Romans began besieging and taking it.

Allied battles? Not happened to me since Shogun!
    Not one to be proud of, my allies declared war on me during the battle.
    Yeah, not too suprised I lost that one

Quite a sore subject for me
    Alcohol is the cause and solution to all of man's issues

Baloonz: by Pharnakles
    by Jebivjetar (es bastante loco)

Often enough. I got some great assistance from the Arche to capture Phraaspa. Naturally I had to ensure the AS general died while fighting with some buggers on the town square. Why risk my own troops?

A good thing I ensured his death, as the Arche managed to betray me 1 turn later ...

A couple of times in RTW, once in EB, playing as the Getai. My Epeirote allies dragged me into the battle and into a war with Makedonia I didn't want. So, I'll do without them, thank you very much.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

The weirdest thing was once my allies called for my help in a battle they were about to have in between turns and I chose to accept and came and helped. I wonder if there is a way to send similar requests as the human player but I never seemed to find out how.