Thread: Uniting the celts- An Aedui AAR

Celto-Germanic Spearman Member Kuningaz's Avatar

Default Uniting the celts- An Aedui AAR

Hi guys! As you voted for the Aedui I am now soon going to start my Aedui AAR.

As this will be my first AAR I am open for any advice. (I am especially having problems with taking screenshots. It seem that my PC doesn't want to save them. Maybe you can recommend me some tool for taking and editing them? Would be nice)

However here are my houserules:

1.No cheating
    2.Try to keep diplomatic relations more or less realistic and roleplay your decisions with your king or warlord in charge.
    3.No peace with Roma! Never!

I hope to finish my first chapter this week, actually the only real problem I am still facing is that stuff about the screenshots. I hope you can help me with that and that you will enjoy my AAR.

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

Default Re: Uniting the celts- An Aedui AAR

you could use Fraps to take sshots. It's free here:
    http://www.fraps.com/

and you can upload the pics to imageshack

anyway good look with the Aedui, im having a relly nice campaign with them, and im curious how you will manage them

Can't wait! I wish you luck in your endeavours!

3.No peace with Roma! Never!
    The Auedui were historically one of the friendliest Gallic tribes to Rome (whereas the Averni were one of the least friendly). Caesar mentions many times in his Commentaries that they were titled "Friend of the Roman People."

But enough of that, this will be a work of historical fiction so feel free to discard that comment.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

EB diverges from historical reality from 272 BC (when the campaign starts and things go horribly wrong for our timeline) - in my game it Arverni+Roma war with Aedui (and Aedui's winning)