Thread: How do I..

Default How do I..

make the battles longer? Is there something already out there for this though?

Default Re: How do I..

not sure if there is a mod that only handles unit-stats to lenghten battles ..
    do know there has been plenty of discusion about it and several mods have a balance that lenghtens battles compared to vanilla ..

I guess a couple basic ways to change unit-stats to lenghten battles without completelly having to rebalance units would be;
    -change 1 HP to 2 HP, 2 HP to 3 HP .....
    -give defensive stats an x% increase
    -give offensive stats an x% decrease

G

One way Lusted did for TE was globally raise morale by 12. Another option is to reduce lethality of each unit. There are essentially many ways to do this, I'd suggest raising morale globally like Lusted did, TE has gotten good revues for its battles.

I'd recommend changing lethality. Little side-effects, almost no change in balance (missile units become a tad more cost/effective)... Just multiply every existing lethality value with a given number (say 0,5) and voila, you got battles that go twice as long.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan
    I'd recommend changing lethality. Little side-effects, almost no change in balance (missile units become a tad more cost/effective)... Just multiply every existing lethality value with a given number (say 0,5) and voila, you got battles that go twice as long.
    thats probably the best way to do it, I guess, should make the least impact on individual unit-balance ..

G

Thanks, does this take a long time, going through each unit in the game?

depends on your idea of a long time, if anything more than 20 minutes is a long time to you .. than this will probably take you an epic amount of time ...
    but depending on I guess mostly your own skills it probably shouldnt take much longer than 1 to a few hours to do the changes in EDU

G