Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyberius Patch 1.0 for MTW - VI - XL 3.0

Default Re: Tyberius Patch 1.0 for MTW - VI - XL 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk
    Hi tyberius this is the first time that i heard of the xl mod so i downloaded both the mod and your patch than i loaded them under the medieval total war folder now i can play the custom battles but for the campaign when i choose a faction to start after the loading screen the game crushes and it turns back to windows i unistalled everything and reloaded them the same problem any ideas? any help? p.s. by the way as far as i see units r great excellent job mate!
    You have the mod and patch installed to MTW - Viking Invasion? If so, are you using one of the high end video cards with the latest drivers? MTW - Viking Invasion is getting a little old now, and some video settings may be too much for the game to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek
    Truely, the patch looks great. It'd be cool to have a guide to the changes, but it's far from essential. If you get the time it'd be great, but if not it's no biggie.
    Ok, what do you want to be in that guide?

Hi Tyberius,

I found a lot of flags and banners on the internet wot you cane use for units, if you like to have them send me your email in a pm.
    I did send them also to YourLordandConqueror for the dark age mod

Greetings Axel

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius
    See.. I wrongly assigned a Sword movement to the teutonic Knights and XL Teutonic knights, so the solution is as follows:

go to Textures/men/items folder, search for weapon3 folder. In that folder should be another folder with the name "high Royal Knights". Copy all what is in that folder, then look inside the weapon1 folder, two folders with the name "TeutonicKnights" and "XLTeutonicKnights" then paste over the content of these two folders and replace all preexistent txt files, and voilá.

you'll get this..

Outstanding i am very impressed.....you made something already great even better.........in laymans terms can someone please explain how to do this wpns switch for the Teutonic Knights?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand
    Outstanding i am very impressed.....you made something already great even better.........in laymans terms can someone please explain how to do this wpns switch for the Teutonic Knights?
    You can download the patch again and re-install it, because that error is corrected now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius
    You can download the patch again and re-install it, because that error is corrected now.
    I downloaded and installed the patch on the 19 of feb.........is that the fixed version or do i need to d/l again?

hi. new to the forums and believe it or not new to the total war series! first i'd like to say i d/l both XL and and your patch and i'm very impressed. kudos to all who worked on these mods, they really are fantastic and i love them. adds much depth to the game.

BUT, i have one, tiny problem... once i installed your patch, now every single year my emperor's wife gives birth! not necessarily a bad thing, but im a realism buff, and im not sure how my emperor has time to wage all my wars i have since he is obviously VERY busy at home. while its humorous to be 20 years into my campaign and have 20 new princes and princesses, all going from 0-20 in increments of one, its not very realistic. from what i see it happens with all factions...

so my question is, is there a way i can fix this? maybe a value i can change to lessen the chance of pregnancy, because as i see it now, if there is such a value to change, mine must be set to 100% chance each turn...

thanks in advance and again great job.

sorry for double post but also is there a way i can fix no bodies showing up on VI campaign?

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Welcome to the Org zBarlow

Your heirs will never exceed 6 in number, so you needn't worry about bulk-buying babyfood In my experience my kings seem to find conquest bit of an aphrodisiac, as well. Of course, the early game has a few heirs written in, but usually only two or three max.

As for the VI missing dead bodies, there is a fix, and somewhere in the modding sub-forums (probably the Repository?) there is a thread dedicated to this very topic, but it does involve a bit of fiddling with some files.

EDIT: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=29803
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 02-22-2008 at 18:39.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

thanks for the link!

right now i have a total of 8 heirs. ages are 2,3,4,5,6,7,19,26. the 19 and 26 are original heirs. after my sixth born child it did stop. but still is there a way i can change it so i wont have a new heir auto born when i lose one or my king? i dont want to end up with a king who is say 25 and his heirs being in order 24,23,22,21, and 20 years of age.

quick question about the disapearing units since this thread is active. i tried doing what the thread said but i cant find those unit names in the file. i suppose because i have these mods installed? if i clean install, fix the file, and then install the mods again, will the problem be fixed? sorry for all these questions! i looked around but there is so much info on this site its hard to find the specific thing im asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by zBarlow
    thanks for the link!

right now i have a total of 8 heirs. ages are 2,3,4,5,6,7,19,26. the 19 and 26 are original heirs. after my sixth born child it did stop. but still is there a way i can change it so i wont have a new heir auto born when i lose one or my king? i dont want to end up with a king who is say 25 and his heirs being in order 24,23,22,21, and 20 years of age.
    Having that many heirs is perfectly possible on the game.
    When your 25 years old King assumes, the remaining heirs should be his brothers, so, it's perfectly normal that they have not so different age than the king.
    Later, when your new king gets descendence, and his firstborn reach the age of 16 he will be the prioritary heir, and when your king dies, he will assume and the old King's brothers will no longer be heirs, instead they will be normal generals.

sorry for double post but also is there a way i can fix no bodies showing up on VI campaign?
    For this problen I have one solution: To make a deadcoord page just for the VI campaign. but there is a problem: each time that you want to play a VI campaign you should replace the XL deadcoord page with the VI one, and vice versa if you want to play an XL campaign, you must have to replace the VI deadcoords page with the XL one.
    If you want to I can make that file, and upload it so everyone could download it.

that would be great and much appreciated! these mods compliment the game so well and if i gotta switch files if i want to play the VI or othe campaigns, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand
    I downloaded and installed the patch on the 19 of feb.........is that the fixed version or do i need to d/l again?
    It's ok, the corrected patch was uploaded on Feb the 10th...

that would be great and much appreciated! these mods compliment the game so well and if i gotta switch files if i want to play the VI or othe campaigns, then so be it.
    Done!
    the file is on the first post of this thread.
    To make it work you have to open the Medieval - Total War/textures folder, make a backup of the file:"DEADPAGE COORDS.txt" and rename it "XL DEADPAGE COORDS.txt" then pick the new file: "Viking DEADPAGE COORDS.txt", make a backup of it, and rename it DEADPAGE COORDS.txt put it on the textures folder, and voilá you can play VI campaigns with dead bodies.

To revert this, go for your backup, rename the "XL DEADPAGE COORDS.txt" to "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt" and replace the viking file. now you can play xl campaigns.

notice that only a file named DEADPAGE COORDS.txt will work.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

What are you going to do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

thanks Tyberius!

i'm still having some trouble. now only archers show up dead on the field...

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    What are you going to do now?
    Maybe work on a VI mod
    i'm still having some trouble. now only archers show up dead on the field...
    I've got it too, give me a time to figure whats wrong.

This is a very strange thing... I just can't figure what's wrong with the deadpage, I have all the units present on VIKING prod txt. and in the same order....Can someone give me another idea of what could be wrong?

Hi mate,
    I am playing the Almoravids faction and wanted to attack the rebels in Bulgaria, but i got a pop up saying :cannot find file
    textures/men/actionpage/seljuklancers.Txt
    so i press ok and got a pop up again saying: Unknown error (0) (00000000)
    so i press ok and the game whent on, only the units i put on Bulgaria to attack where back on my own land, so i attack again with the same units and this time the rebels surrender?
    cane i fix the cannot find file
    textures/men/actionpage/seljuklancers.Txt problem somme how?? or do you know wot this is?

Quote Originally Posted by axel
    Hi mate,
    I am playing the Almoravids faction and wanted to attack the rebels in Bulgaria, but i got a pop up saying :cannot find file
    textures/men/actionpage/seljuklancers.Txt
    so i press ok and got a pop up again saying: Unknown error (0) (00000000)
    so i press ok and the game whent on, only the units i put on Bulgaria to attack where back on my own land, so i attack again with the same units and this time the rebels surrender?
    cane i fix the cannot find file
    textures/men/actionpage/seljuklancers.Txt problem somme how?? or do you know wot this is?
    Axel, check the 5th or 6th post on page 1 of this thread. Either apply the fix suggested by Raz (and also the Teutonic Knights fix mentioned by Tyberius) or - my solution - re-download and reinstall the updated patch.
    Last edited by gregori99; 03-24-2008 at 16:14.

ok mate will do thx

Will there ever be a Tyberius Patch for the Viking Time period? A little more variety in units might be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitehunter
    Will there ever be a Tyberius Patch for the Viking Time period? A little more variety in units might be nice!
    Damn you really beat me to asking that one... Actually would be great if you did patch for that viking era too one of my favourite eras

Yeah I've been reading Bernard Cornwell again and my interest in the Viking Invasion has been restored.

Yeah I've been reading Bernard Cornwell again and my interest in the Viking Invasion has been restored.
    Ha how ironic same here, but actually im a first time reader :P

See, the named "patch for VI" wil be actually a Mod fot MTW-VI, and since that period of History is really dark, I'm studying it for the moment.

Not sure if this is intended or not,but the unit"Varangian guard" appears to require the building of the Master Spearmakers guild now,instead of the Spearmakers Guild.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast