Thread: EB 1.0 Persistent crashes PLEASE Help!

Default EB 1.0 Persistent crashes PLEASE Help!

Hoping someone can help me?

Everytime I click end turn it crashes, before the AI moves.
    I'm playing as the Romani, it is winter 187 BC moving into summer 186 BC.
    This is the only time and place I have any trouble.

I have tried all permanent and all temporary fixes - Still CTD
    The crash happens with the EB script enabled
    The crash happens with the EB script disabled
    I have no other mods - only EB 1.0

I have tried several times and still it crashes at 187 - 186

Then after cancelling all construction and recruitment - It worked - once

I am now stuck at Summer 186 - After several tries it still crashes.
    It seems that cancelling C&R gained me one turn.

I don't know what to try next can anyone help?

P.S
    Summer 189:
    I moved two armies out of cities on the african coast (Ippone & Siga)
    because I had trouble keeping public order. My aim was to let them rebel then
    re-take the city and execute the population (35000+) It worked, meaning that public order was great afterwards but shortly after this event I have the problem mentioned above. I mention this because I have never done this before (allowing a revolt so I can execute population) could this be the downfall of my empire?
    Are the gods punishing me for mass murder?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Dan

Default Re: EB 1.0 Persistent crashes PLEASE Help!

PROBLEM SOLVED

It would seem that the gods were punishing my evil ways.

The CTD evolved from the civil revolt at Siga.
    When the time came for the revolt and the city passed from romani into carthage control, the game crashed. I don’t know if this is because of the death of my general or the revolt itself.

I discovered this after sending a diplomat to carthage and giving back the city of Siga, before the revolt occurred, this fixed all bugs and the game continued like normal.

But my general having no movement points is now stuck! (Government IV appointed general) And he constantly says winter campaigning constricted.
    He can't move a muscle, time will only tell if the crash had to do with his death or the civil revolt.

Dan

I understand that Makanyane's touch of brilliance didn't completely eliminate the rebellion CTD then .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

This is not a loyalist revolt CTD. It is revolting to slave. There are no mercs present. The core bldg is roman. When the core blgd is semitic (such as at Lepke) it reverts back without a CTD in a loyalist revolt.

This civil-revolt CTD can be stopped by demolishing the semitic Game Field (internal: game_field) building - though note that Alalia and other areas also have this building and will cause a CTD also under a revolt.

This is thus how to continue your game....but as to why has yet to be determined and I need to go out now

Good luck if someone gets it. Something to do with slave ownership of the building! (I suspect that tech tree for that faction - check upgrades etc. / factions)
    Last edited by Dol Guldur; 01-31-2008 at 20:43.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

How did you figure that out about the game field ? I have no idea why that would cause anything of the sort, but thanks a lot!

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Process of elimination - and also strong-arming Aradan into destroying the buildings upwards in the building whilst I did the same downwards ;)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

There's really nothing special about that building...

Code:
    building amphitheatres
    {
        levels game_field stone_amphitheatre zurkhaneh small_gymnasium urban_amphitheatre gymnasium great_amphitheatre palaistra gymnasiumacademic
        {
            game_field requires factions { all, }
            {
                capability
                {
                happiness_bonus bonus 1
                recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { barbarian, armenia, scythia, pontus, }
                }
                construction 4
                cost 1600
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                	stone_amphitheatre
                	zurkhaneh
    		small_gymnasium
                }
            }
    Possibly the bolded line carries a risk with it in rebellions? I'll try removing this line in this savegame when I get home on Monday, if noone has tested it before then.

================
    ================

I've tested numerous changes to that building, and nothing makes a spot of difference. Yet I register that it crashes with every building demolished except that one, and it doesn't when that one is demolished . I'll test to make that settlement rebel with a new campaign where the building is present next.

================
    ================

Gah, of course it doesn't crash then . There's nothing wrong with the building, there's something wrong with it in just that game .

================
    ================

I had the same issue in 261 BC in Syracuse..I fixed it on the '' delete the game field'' way too. It does really work. Thx for that!
    Imperare sibi maximvm imperivm est