Thread: building and treasury influenced traits?

Question building and treasury influenced traits?

I get pissed when my governors (especially high chiv ones) gain penalties to trade (esp. expensive tastes and royally extravagant). Then 4 of the 6 Coming of Age generals have mildly extravagant from the get-go ) Now, i'm looking for the reasons these happen.
    Do certain buildings cause negative traits?
    (perhaps the brothel line? note very common in my high pop/high unrest settlements)
    Does bloated treasury give bad governor traits? (such as 50000 in RTW or 13000? in BI)

Much appreciated
    Glyphz

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Default Re: building and treasury influenced traits?

I think the brothel line may have something to do with some traits (though not money related traits). In my Russian campaign, every city had at least the first brothel upgrade, and I had about 10 assassins (and the assassins HQ, to give you a hint at how much assassinating I did). Every one of my kings got nasty dread and squalor traits.

I'm now doing a different country, and I havn't built one brothel. So far, no one has gained any traits like my Russian ones. A few have acquired the bad money traits, but none of them are seriously bad traits.

Default Re: building and treasury influenced traits?

Brothel line does have some bad traits, such as alcoholic, among other things. Having a large excessive treasury also incurs some of those extravagant traits.

You get Dread traits from using spies and assassins a lot (also a discount trait as well) which applies itself to you leader.

Strategy Dread:
    Leader:5% chance whenever a Spy succeeds a mission.
    Leader:25% chance whenever an Assassin succeeds an Assassination.
    Leader:25% chance whenever a Diplomat attempts a Bribery.
    33% chance each turn whenever a General has StrategyChivalry and Treasury has 50,001+.
    Whenever a Governor recruits an Assassin.
    33% chance whenever a Governor recruits a Spy.

When a General spends a turn without moving...

# In a settlement with a...

* Brothel - Drink (5%), Gambling (5%).
    * Coaching House - Aesthetic (5%), Drink (5%), ExpensiveTastes (5%), Gambling (3%), Girls (3%).
    * Theatre - Aesthetic (5%), Epicurean (5%), ExpensiveTastes (5%), Cultured (15%), Drink (3%).
    * Public Baths - HaleAndHearty (3%), Epicurean (5%), ExpensiveTastes (5%), Girls (3%).
    * Pleasure Palace (if General is not Upright or Prim) - Aesthetic (5%), Epicurean (5%), ExpensiveTastes (5%), Gambling (3%), Girls (10%).

# When a General ends his turn in a settlement...

* 3% per trait per 50,000 in treasury, up to 150,000 (3x3% per trait) - Corrupt, Aesthetic, ExpensiveTastes, Epicurean, BadAdministrator.

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me