Thread: Strange occurance

Default Strange occurance

Ok, here the story. When entering battle, the loading bar will stop halfway and the cursor arrow comes out but no error reported.

a) if I press escape to get to desktop my pc usually hang so I can't see the error.

b) if I press space bar the game continue the load and I can successfully enter battle.

I have never met any kind of this error after 2 years of modding RTW/BI ...

Any ideas why it's happening or any ideas what files usually associated with this kind of error ?

p/s: don't ask me what files have I changed because it's actually a beta build for RTR VII so it's basically hundreds of files changed.
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.

Default Re: Strange occurance

You say that the game continues normally if you press space bar? have you tried to play in windowed mode to see what the error is?
    Well, what differences are there to that beta build compared to its latest version which didn't have this problem occuring?

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Did you change formations and/or are deploying elephants ..??

(if your formations are bugged .. er .. incorrect, than the game "can" show it to you in a similair way)

G

Prior to release TIC we have beta 3 versions. Now I'm updating current beta 3 with the released TIC in prov campaign.

I will try to run on window mod to see.

p/s: I remembered before I have this sort of error when loading campaigns but it turns out to be wrong location for resources. Meaning the file for example says resources are in data/rtr/texture folder but the actual file is in the data/vii/texture instead. Anyway the campaign loading still can continue but obviously without any resource presence on the map.

I previously suspect that the vegetation files could be the culprit since it involves battle but the same sets works with no problem in TIC. No vegeration files that we use I think need to be written mod foldered way so I guess it's not an issue.

However I will try the windowed mod (what's the command ? )
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.

Add -ne to the shortcut.

Wrong/Missing/Unsuitable formations cause a CTD afaik.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Originally by Aradan
    Wrong/Missing/Unsuitable formations can, and usually will, cause a CTD.

edited it a bit ;)

G

Ok. Thanks to -ne I have figure out the problem. It was wrong path for siege engine. The file is still using tic/data instead of rtr/data though the textures are already in..

Since it's a field battle which do not use any siege equiptment I guess the engine overlook the fact and continue to load..

Thanks