Thread: HOF 2007 nominations

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default HOF 2007 nominations

Just in case no one's noticed Tosa's announcement at the top of the screen:

HOF 2007

Edit: Nominations end Feb 10th, so let's get them in there!
    Last edited by Martok; 02-09-2008 at 00:55.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Default Re: HOF 2007 nominations

Is there a category for most disdainful of the current status and direction of the series?

Perhaps the "Stick a fork in it, she's done" award?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Just a reminder: Nominations end tomorrow!

EDIT: (Actually, it's already the 10th for just about everyone outside the U.S.)
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Dunhill
    Is there a category for most disdainful of the current status and direction of the series?

Perhaps the "Stick a fork in it, she's done" award?
    If there was I would probably have been nominated for it a few times along with some of the other "Horrible Old Men of TW".

[in character]It is our role to drive the genre back to pure strategy and true tactical battles. 3D unit graphics are unnecessary and only detract from the gameplay, the HOMTW propose reverting back to well defined high quality 2D sprites, that are ideal for huge battles that are played as they should be - i.e. zoomed out in order to view the battle as a whole, not zoomed in checking for the realism of the horses, chariots, men etc. "are my horses laying down realistically steaming turds, and if not why??", "have my men shaved this morning?". This is not what the armchair TW general should be thinking about and such an individual is obviously not mature enough to be playing the game. The HOMTW will impose a minimum playing age of 30.

The HOMTW also propose moving back to the old risk style map and away from the cartoonish RTS/TBS style map, which detracts from what the series is all about: tactical battles. This type of map will also serve to deter the whining spoilt rich kids that are hijacking and ruining the TW series and trying to turn it into Age of Empires.

And if our demands are not met then we intend to moan... a lot, so be prepared![/in character]

So do I get your votes?

You'd definitely get mine, just for the character!
    The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.