Thread: Stat Changes

Descendant of great Herakles Member Torvus's Avatar

Default Stat Changes

So, to all you EBer's who are somewhat dissatisfied with your units the way they are, what would you change about them?

I personally like to give my Spartan hoplites a second hitpoint to reflect their eleven years of constant physical training.

I also like to place Saka cataphracts closer together. their current spread-out formation is a joke.

anyone else?

(to the EB team, this is not meant to offend or belittle your work)

Some people say I'm heartless. Shows what they know. I have three in a jar on my desk!

Default Re: Stat Changes

Stats are not my problem. AI recruitment is. Gah, Gaesatae are kinda sweet, Triarii and Predites Extraordinarii are just obnoxious.

But that kind of adjustment will sadly have to wait for EB2, since we can't really control the maximum frequency of a given unit within the complete Roman military with the RTW engine. (Beyond, of course, sending the Romani several decades back in time by severely diminishing their economy & military infrastructures at the game's start.)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus
    I personally like to give my Spartan hoplites a second hitpoint to reflect their eleven years of constant physical training.
    So, do the Cohors Evocata then get two plus, seeing as how they've already gone through the full Legionary service which basically amounts to decades of constant physical training...?

No, I'm not a big fan of the "Spartan myth".
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    No, I'm not a big fan of the "Spartan myth".
    then you must also not be a huge fan of 300, eh?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Darken ye not my monitor again with that vile name.

The comic had its moments, though, visually speaking.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

lol.... it was a good movie, though inacurate....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

it was a good movie,
    Lol. It was total crap. They took one of the best stories that exists and changed it to total fantasy.

Whats the point?

The Creator of Stories Member Parallel Pain's Avatar

To sell tickets to shallow guys who can't pick up drama and drool at action.

Money. Lots of it. Whole stacks of it, in fact. So much money you could swim in it for fun and use twenties to wipe your butt.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

And muscles. A consortium of muscle building magazines partly financed the film, and guess what? Now those magazines are seeing higher subscription rates reaching 10-30% above last years. Pretty good, huh? You can find out more here: Body-builders make big bucks from 300.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Goodness. o.O That part I didn't know about. Bodybuilding magazines, eh. Money's the main reason, alright. For every one of us that plays EB and ends every other word with '-ai', or '-oi', there's 5000 who would watching something like 300 and go around believing that was how Spartans plied their trade, and pay good money for living a lie, too.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Going to the land where men walk without footprints.

And you can't like both?
    I've enjoyed 300 for what it was: a comic adaptation. Whining that it isn't historically acurate is just going beyond the point of the movie. It was an adaptation of a comic that in itself isn't acurate. It's like degrading 'Sin City' because there aren't any badguys as Marve.
    Of course those that believe 300 is like it was back then are just worth crying at

Mm, I liked the music and the fighting. I just don't like what the comic made of a historical episode that meant so much to our civilisation today, that's all. But putting myself in the persona of a brainless teenager out for bread and circuses, I liked it.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Meh, I liked the movie.

Sure, it's all muscles and violence and shite, but then again, what else was to be expected, if you had already read the comic it was based on?

I expected a masculine hero-fantasy, and got one, and I was happy. If you want to see deep story plots or characters, then it's time for some other film/comic novel. And, I mean, come on, it's a bloody Hollywood film for chrissakes.
    I has two balloons!

I won't mention all the changes I've made. Most of them are included in my mod.

I've also made countless other tweaks here and there in the EDU, not because EB has any shortcomings, but because it's the implacable habit of an implacable perfectionist. I'm happy to say that I've tweaked EB less than any mod I've ever had.

Regarding 300...I found it mildly entertaining for what it was. If you are complaining that it's not historically accurate, then you went there with the wrong mindset. Hollywood is dedicated to corrupting the uneducated teenager's view of history, a fact one must be fully prepared to accept before going to see any movie. To be completely honest, I'd rather see a total and blatantly obvious fabrication of history than something that is implied to be true.

The sad truth is that the vast majority of the "mob" doesn't give a flying feck for historical accuracy or realism. I go and enjoy the movies with friends anyway. Afterwards, we have a nice chat about the movie's shortcomings and innacuracies over a cup of coffee.

Btw, Anyone ever read Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield? I thought it was a great book which would make an even better film. I've even seen college professors reccomend it!
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod