Thread: Hound of Ulster's guide to Enhancing your TW experience (With Music)

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

Default Hound of Ulster's guide to Enhancing your TW experience (With Music)

As I don't particularly like the music in the TW series (except STW), I hit upon this idea of using my iTunes as a substiute. The way I did this was simple...

1. Mute music in your settings. I also recommend tweaking your other sound settings, especially the master volume.

2. put your TW disc in, but don't use the start-up menu to begin.

3. Open your iTunes window. I highly reccomend using a discrete playlist no more than 4 hours long. If you don't have iTunes, you might try a seperate cd player hooked up to your stereo system, but iTunes saves time and electricity.

4. Hit play on your playlist.

5. start your total war session with the desktop shortcut and have at them!

Some playlist reccomendations...

Kamkars...A Kurdish folk group from Iran. Great with Persian factions.

Old Blind Dogs...scottish folk group that goes well with Gauls, Irish, and Great Britian in NTW.

Chieftains...doyens of Irish folk.

Garmarna.....Swedish folk/rock group. Thier 'Gamen' (Vulture in Swedish) could almost be the theme song of the Germanic factions like the Norse and the Goths.

Huun Huur Tu...Mongolian folk. If you enjoy riddling your enemies with arrows from horseback, Huun Huur Tu can make the experience all the more memorable.

Guardians of Hellenism...an archival ensemble from Greece that records old folk tunes and dances from all over the Aegean region. Some of thier stuff is especially bittersweet as they have several cds of songs from the Ionioan coast of Turkey, Pontus and other areas where the old Greek-speaking population was removed in the great population exchange between Greece and Turkey in the 1920s. Goes well with Byzantines and ancient Greek factions.

Any music will do, and it all depends on your personal taste. Playing some outside music will also help you time your TW gameplay session as well, which can reduce CTDs caused by playing too long, and also leave room in your life for other, more important things.

Give it a try, it will be fun.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Default Re: Hound of Ulster's guide to Enhancing your TW experience (With Music)

Ahh yes, I discovered that not too long ago. Nice serving suggestion of music there!

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Default Re: Hound of Ulster's guide to Enhancing your TW experience (With Music)

Listening to the wurzels is very effect especially your hounds and culan are swathing a path of death with "I am a cider drinker! I drinks all of the day!"
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Thanks a lot for the musical references!
    Last edited by Caerfanan; 02-27-2008 at 08:39.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I'd already come up with that before, I just never told anyone...
    Also, Media Monkey FTW! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

Have you noticed your not playing as long in one sitting, Raz?

That I think is the biggest benefit to play TW with this tweak, especially as most CTDs are caused by playing too long.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington