Thread: The War to End All Wars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default The War to End All Wars

Background Info:

With the Pan-Slavik movement in full swing and Austria-Hungary's influence in the Balkans waning it is not surprising what happened. On June 28, 1914 Gavrilo Princip assassinated the Archduke of Austria-Hungary Franz Ferdinand the heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary in Sarajevo. An ultimatum was sent from Austria-Hungary to Serbia. Serbia's response, which agreed to some of the requests but not all, was sent and it mobilized for war on July 25th. On the 28th of July Austria-Hungary mobilized against Serbia and officially declared war. Within the next week general mobilizations were ordered by many of the great powers(Russia, France, Austria-Hungary, and Germany). As well as declarations of war from Germany to Russia and France. With the cards set in place how will the war to end all wars end up?

A look at the alliance structure of pre-WWI Europe:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Map of Europe 1914:

Colonies as of 1900:

Ottoman Empire 1914:

I hope that was somewhat informative for whoever reads it

Nations list:

Germany: kamikhaan
    France: Caius
    United Kingdom: Warluster
    Austria-Hungary: scottishranger
    Serbia: Shlin28
    Russia: Count"I don't like the guy who runs this IH"Arach
    Ottoman Empire: Tran
    Bulgaria: Ravie
    Romania: Sarathos
    Italy: Lt. Pinard
    United States: DemonArchangel

General Information:

This is going to start off as historically accurate as possible. Germany, A-H, and the Ottoman Empire will be at war with France, Russia, Serbia, and the UK. Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, and the US will be able to join either side of the conflict.

I would like you all to do some research on your own of the nation you choose. Army strength, Naval strength, leaders, policies, etc. and post it here. If you have trouble I'd be happy to help you find anything.

Turns:

Turns will last anywhere from one to two weeks. I'm undecided on whether to have you just write up your own turns or have like other IHs and have me give you a list of options. I think I'll let you all decide which one it is.

Diplomacy:

Diplomacy will be handled in the same way as in most other IHs, propaganda in the thread and correspondence between allies by PM or other means.

That's all I can think of at the moment feel free to ask questions about anything.
    Last edited by Csargo; 02-19-2008 at 02:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.